What to do after not using my vape for 2+ years?

Twiggy1995

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2020
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
Hello,

I've looked back in here last night after "re-discovering" my vape, which has a CUBOID 200 mod, and an Aspire Nautilus X tank.

I mainly started vaping in order to keep myself from developing a nicotine addiction, as I did enjoy smoking every now and then, but I wasn't yet addicted and I wanted to keep it that way, so I used all 0 nicotine juices and another benefit was all the different flavors.

Anyway back on topic, I haven't used my vape, for a couple years, it's literally been sitting on a shelf for all that time. It has accumulated some dust, and some dirt, and maybe rust?

The mod just had some dust on it, but the tanks (I have one larger, and one smaller) both seem to have some crud and possibly some rust on them.

So I assume I should clean my tanks well, as in take them apart and wash with warm water, and maybe scrub some of the harder parts with isopropyl alcohol?

When I put it down 2+ years ago, I had vaped a bit, but my coils still had a ton of life left in them. I wonder could I still use these same coils after they've been sitting soaked with the old juice this long, or get new ones, or what?

Thanks.

Twiggy1995

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2020
Thank you. I've began basically doing that with one, and I also found I had an unused tank without glass (for some reason) so I just swapped glass from the old one, and now I am vaping again.

I will have to clean my Aspire Clieto EXO sub ohm tank as well, for sure, but it will need new coils.

Reactions: Letitia

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    First of all, is the mod still functioning? After 2 years stored with juice in the tank, it is possible that juice has gotten into the electronics. Are the batteries any good? Improperly stored, batteries lose charging capacity, and need to be replaced. Is the tank salvageable with cleaning as Letitia described? Old juice dries out causing hard to remove deposits. These deposits also affect the coils, so they need to be tossed no matter how new they were when first inserted.

Twiggy1995

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2020
    First of all, is the mod still functioning? After 2 years stored with juice in the tank, it is possible that juice has gotten into the electronics. Are the batteries any good? Improperly stored, batteries lose charging capacity, and need to be replaced. Is the tank salvageable with cleaning as Letitia described? Old juice dries out causing hard to remove deposits. These deposits also affect the coils, so they need to be tossed no matter how new they were when first inserted.

Thank you.

The mod is functioning fine, and I am vaping again. I recharged the batteries over night, not sure if they are their full capacity or not, but the mod says they are.

I will do my best to clean out the 2 old tanks I have, but I will of course get new coils for them.

I was lucky to find I had an unused tank with an unused coil for the time being.

The coil from my old Nautilus X seems in very good shape, could I just revive this one by soaking it in some hot water, or vinegar?

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Thank you.

The mod is functioning fine, and I am vaping again. I recharged the batteries over night, not sure if they are their full capacity or not, but the mod says they are.

I will do my best to clean out the 2 old mods I have, but I will of course get new coils for them.

I was lucky to find I had an unused tank with an unused coil for the time being.

The coil from my old Nautilus X seems in very good shape, could I just revive this one by soaking it in some hot water, or vinegar?
    Personally I would not use any coil with juice that old.

Users who are viewing this thread