Status
Not open for further replies.

Grammie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2009
Virginia, Well Steeped
Okay, so we know that dark juice clogs atties/cartos (not just TV juice, any dark colored juice). So, I'm asking what flavors that TV makes are NOT DARK (since TV is the only juice I use now)?

My favorite is coffee, yes, that's dark. Is there a way to get it a lighter color liquid by adding some other flavors? If so, what suggestions are out there?

Thanks in advance!

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dark, light, doesn't really matter. If you're going to take the time to invest in atomizers, should be willing to take the time to maintain them a little to stretch the use out. I vape a lot of dark liquids and sometimes it clogs the attys, sometimes not. I guess it all depends on how hot the atty runs (NO mfgr has yet to make a consistently performing atty). It's easy enough when they start funking up, to toss them in an alcohol bath (150+ proof makes an excellent solvent) or give them 10 minutes in the ultrasonic cleaner. Blow them out gently, let em sit 24 hours.

If you're willing to take the time to maintain your equipment, you'll find that dark liquids don't have to be treated with any fear, hesitation or reservation.

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana
I use cartomizers and up until a couple of weeks ago or so, I had never had a problem with dark liquids. However, I recently bought a couple of dark juices and added sweetener to them. I am getting maybe a days use out of a new cartomizer with these 2 juices, then having to toss it in the garbage. I have tried every cleaning method, but once a carto clogs, it is pretty much history. I am not complaining though, I buy my cartos in bulk at about a buck a piece. I figure it is still MUCH cheaper than a pack of cigs. I just plan on ordering future liquids without the sweetener.
!

Last edited:

Grammie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2009
Virginia, Well Steeped
TV is the only e-juice I buy or will ever buy ever again. I've tried tons of different flavors from all sort of vendors listed on ECF. I never found any I liked any where else.

I haven't found but one flavor (main flavor) coffee or a blend of coffee. I'm trying to expand my juice likes (that's why I asked the question here, since I will only buy TV). But, I'd like to go with a lighter color juice to help make the carto's last a tad longer if possible. If not, that's fine.

I like the AC but not for an all day vape. So, I'm asking for suggestions from the TV users about lighter colored liquid and then I'll choose what to try next as per their suggestions.

I don't use atties anymore, carto's w/wo fillers. I also buy my carto's in bulk.

You might be on to something about possibly the sweetner we're adding are clogging up the carto's faster. That can easily be fixed. I'll try that next time, thanks for the suggestion haileymadison!

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana
Hey Grammie, TV Cafe Mocha is my #1 vape. I NEVER add sweetener!!! It has never clogged my cartos. It is darker in color, but still translucent. Tastyfinger is also a darker liquid that has never clogged my cartos. I added some sweetener to 15 ml. of it, and sure enough, it clogged my carto. I have ordered raspberry chocolate cheesecake and chocolate/peppermint and they too are darker in color, but never caused any problems. This past order, I had sweetener added and sure enough these are the two flavors currently clogging my cartos. I just ordered a couple of atomizers to finish these two bottles.

By the way, if you like coffee vapes, you will love the Cafe Mocha!!!! A few people on this forum have been substituting the regular chocolate for the double chocolate. Although the double chocolate is great, it is very very dark. If you are worried about dark juices, go with the regular Cafe Mocha.

Last edited:

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thanks for that Hailey. Good to know and very precise. Since I don't use cartos, I can't really speak in that regard. I use strictly 510 atomizers. I like something I have control over maintaining and have some means of stretching out. I've heard good things about cartomizers, but they all seem WAY to disposable and quirky for me to make the investment in. I like my dark liquids just as much as my clear liquids and I don't need cartomizers limiting my vaping experience. I suspect there will be conflicting opinions on this, however, this is only my own overview based on all that I've read about them.

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana
I actually like that cartos are disposable. I don't know what I was doing wrong, but after cleaning atomizers, everything taste burnt. I hated dealing with the fluval and tea bags, having to top it off all the time. I kept scortching the filler. Awe.... I DON'T miss being a slave to my atomizers.

I can get a good 3 or 4 days out of a cartomizer with most juices (without sweetener), then toss it. At a buck a piece, you can't beat it. You can't even buy a pack of gum for a buck these days! I need to send you a carto and let you try it, everything even taste better.

I have officially moved up in the vaping world. I just ordered my first EGO kit. I have been vaping for almost 9 months and never tried anything other than the basic 510. I am definitely looking forward to a much better battery life!

Let me know if you want me to send you a carto to try. I just bought 100 of them.:vapor:

Grammie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2009
Virginia, Well Steeped
I've found some really good carto's, I got from Isaac (IkenVape). I got in on the end of the beta testing for these 510 drip tip carto's. The two he sent me to test lasted two weeks each. Using both every day for 2 weeks, with no trying to clean them in any way. They were still working but had tightened up to much to be pleasureable. I'm waiting for him to get more in stock so I can stock up. They are more expensive than regular carto's but even lasting only one week they would still be cost effective. The juice I have been using with these 510 carto's is a blend of coffee, chocolate and coconut. I think two weeks is darn good with the dark juice.

I've also gotten some of his 808 Megas, those are just as good (hold more liquid) as the 510. They are a bit cheaper than the 510's. As of now, they will be the only two types of carto's I'll be purchasing.

I've tried the CE2 carto's, no filler, those still need some work. I'll wait a bit more until I hear they have gotten a lot better out of the box.

Number one, I want to try a lighter liquid with these carto's, but there's not many flavors I like and I only like TV juice. I like AC but once you use AC in a carto, you pretty much have to continue to use AC with that carto. That's why I asked the question, maybe there is some light color TV liquids that I should try. I'd like to find at least one more flavor to go with my daily coffee vape. Plus, I'd be able to compare lighter liquids vs darker liquids in carto's.

I think the sweetner just may be the culprit in the liquid. So, this is will be something else I will be testing.

I appreciate all the suggestions, comments! :evil:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Grammie,

As one of Issacs Beta tester I have to agree with you on his cartos, the drippe'sr are just darn good, I have been running 2 for 3 weeks now not heavy but running them and there both still going, I switch mods often, but have been running this one on my Omega @ 6v doing short vape 2-3 second vapes, these are dang good, I also have another one hooked up with a terminator and have it adj @ 5v and that one is still kicking as well now for 3 weeks. His Megas are extremely good at 5v as well, heck all of his cartos are good. I'm addicted to Geoff's Apple mixes. candy Apple with just a pinch of granny added and also the Granny smith sweetened and soured, the candy apple is clear, the granny had a greenish tint but both work great in my cartos. I also run dark thick VG juices with the Dripper cartos and they seem to work fine for me

Last edited:

Grammie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2009
Virginia, Well Steeped
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread