What type of clearo or tank everyone using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I just recently upgraded to a Ego battery and got a EVOD 650mah so now two Egos. I also just found HHV and loving my flavors from there. I been using the Kanger T4s just small .9ml and I got a couple clone No Wick CE4s but ones leaking a little on me and was wanting to uprade to a Bottom Coil Changeable clearo I like around 2ml capacity at the biggest, I was looking at a couple, the Kanger EVOD BCC Kanger EVOD Changeable BCC Bottom Coil Clearomizer [KNGREVDCLR] - $6.99 : the CE4 Plus I think is BCC CE4 Plus V3 eGo Changeable Coil Clearomizer [CE4PLSCHGCLCLR] - $4.99 : and been a couple more I been looking at but others opinions appreciated

iSmoka BCC Mini Kit (Same as VapeOnly BCC) [ISMKBCCMNIKT] - $12.99 : something like the ISmoka but i would need a spacing piece for it to look flush...

bappo

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2012
Idaho
For ego batteries:

Mini Vivi Novas look good, vape good, and are real easy to rebuild.
Kanger T3 bottom coils fit perfectly, vape great when full, a little tougher to rebuild, but can leak when low and at other random times.
iSmoka BCC mega look dorky but vape really good, no luck rebuilding, can leak when below "minimum"
Kanger Protanks vape really well, easy to rebuild, no leakyness that I've found, look purty.

All of them you can get new heads for cheap if you don't want to rebuild. All of the above are best vaped at lower volts/watts so work well for HHV juices which tend to work well at lower volts. None of the above work well with real thick juices (Boba's) or coil killing Nets.

Have fun in the vaping game!

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I just recently upgraded to a Ego battery and got a EVOD 650mah so now two Egos. I also just found HHV and loving my flavors from there. I been using the Kanger T4s just small .9ml and I got a couple clone No Wick CE4s but ones leaking a little on me and was wanting to uprade to a Bottom Coil Changeable clearo I like around 2ml capacity at the biggest, I was looking at a couple, the Kanger EVOD BCC Kanger EVOD Changeable BCC Bottom Coil Clearomizer [KNGREVDCLR] - $6.99 : the CE4 Plus I think is BCC CE4 Plus V3 eGo Changeable Coil Clearomizer [CE4PLSCHGCLCLR] - $4.99 : and been a couple more I been looking at but others opinions appreciated iSmoka BCC Mini Kit (Same as VapeOnly BCC) [ISMKBCCMNIKT] - $12.99 : something like the ISmoka but i would need a spacing piece for it to look flush...
Weasel I have protanks and evods but I'm phasing them out and going to Aspire tanks and RBA's , the protanks and evods require fiddling with to avoid issues and they mute flavor somewhat . The Aspire blows them away if you don't want to rebuild . No leaks , flooding , gurgling or dry hits period . They simply work . Heres a link for you. Aspire ET-S BDC (Bottom Dual Coil) Metal/Glass 3.0ml Tank

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
The iclear16s work extremely well, even with high VG juices and hold 1.6ml of liquid. I have 100% VG Heavenly Army in one of mine right now, and 100%Vg Legend in my iclear 30. The iclear16s fit nicely on ego batteries, and the coil replacements come in either 2 ohm or 1.5 ohms, and are great for tobaccos for a cigarette feel.

The T2's (CE5) work good too, a little muted on flavor, but good vapor wicks easily enough even with thick liquids. These are a bit more sturdy (thick) and hold more liquid than the iclear16s, and the coil replacements come in a wide range.

I prefer the warmth of top coils clearomizers over the cooler bottom coil designs, especially for tobaccos.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Evods are pretty great. They're simple and easy and provide good flavor.
I do agree that ProTanks CAN take a little fiddling to get them working right - but it sounds like that's bigger than you want anyway.
You should at some point try a Mini ProTank - they're great right out of the box, look nice on an Ego, and they're glass, which you need if you are going to vape certain flavors (cinnamons, and some citrus can degrade the plastic in all these other devices).

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I have also been checking out the Mini iSmoka from HHV iSmoka/Elego Mini BCC (Smoke) - $11.99 : Heathers Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids might order one of these with next order, it states it comes with 2.2ohm head installed but u also get 1.8 and 2.5ohm heads with kit

I talked to Adam from HHV he suggested the mini iSmoka, he said it would look flush, the bigger one i would need a cone. I will probably order one hes not the first to suggest the iSmoka, I hope I didnt waste $ buying the EVODs as I didnt realize the iSmoka came in a mini..

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I just recently upgraded to a Ego battery and got a EVOD 650mah so now two Egos. I also just found HHV and loving my flavors from there. I been using the Kanger T4s just small .9ml and I got a couple clone No Wick CE4s but ones leaking a little on me and was wanting to uprade to a Bottom Coil Changeable clearo I like around 2ml capacity at the biggest, I was looking at a couple, the Kanger EVOD BCC Kanger EVOD Changeable BCC Bottom Coil Clearomizer [KNGREVDCLR] - $6.99 : the CE4 Plus I think is BCC CE4 Plus V3 eGo Changeable Coil Clearomizer [CE4PLSCHGCLCLR] - $4.99 : and been a couple more I been looking at but others opinions appreciated

iSmoka BCC Mini Kit (Same as VapeOnly BCC) [ISMKBCCMNIKT] - $12.99 : something like the ISmoka but i would need a spacing piece for it to look flush...

Of these 3, I had best luck with the Evod. The iSmoka I got from HHV didn't leak, but I got a plastic like taste after leaving some juice in it for a prolonged period of not vaping from it. The CE4's leaked like crazy for me.

PS you won't need a beauty ring/spacer for any of these using an ego bat, as they all cover the ego threading.

For ego batteries:

Mini Vivi Novas look good, vape good, and are real easy to rebuild.
Kanger T3 bottom coils fit perfectly, vape great when full, a little tougher to rebuild, but can leak when low and at other random times.
iSmoka BCC mega look dorky but vape really good, no luck rebuilding, can leak when below "minimum"
Kanger Protanks vape really well, easy to rebuild, no leakyness that I've found, look purty.

All of them you can get new heads for cheap if you don't want to rebuild. All of the above are best vaped at lower volts/watts so work well for HHV juices which tend to work well at lower volts. None of the above work well with real thick juices (Boba's) or coil killing Nets.

Have fun in the vaping game!

I got T3's before the Evods and had good luck with them too. Yes, they will leak a bit if not full. Kanger also updated the atty on them, so they are easier to rebuild than they used to be - they use a similar design as the Evod and Protank now. About as easy as rebuilding Vivi Novas, I'd say.

I haven't had any leaking from the 2 Protank I's, or Protank II I have. However, I did/do have to run a twisted tissue up the mouth piece when topping off to catch the condensation before it dripped out. (Also good trick to stop gurgling.)

Weasel I have protanks and evods but I'm phasing them out and going to Aspire tanks and RBA's , the protanks and evods require fiddling with to avoid issues and they mute flavor somewhat . The Aspire blows them away if you don't want to rebuild . No leaks , flooding , gurgling or dry hits period . They simply work . Heres a link for you. Aspire ET-S BDC (Bottom Dual Coil) Metal/Glass 3.0ml Tank

Didn't have a chance to try one of those yet. May not go that way either, if the KayFun mini goes well, I'll be phasing out the T3s, Protanks and Evods. That atty on there looks pretty difficult to rebuild. Looks similar to the iSmoka's. :2cool:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Evods are pretty great. They're simple and easy and provide good flavor.
I do agree that ProTanks CAN take a little fiddling to get them working right - but it sounds like that's bigger than you want anyway.
You should at some point try a Mini ProTank - they're great right out of the box, look nice on an Ego, and they're glass, which you need if you are going to vape certain flavors (cinnamons, and some citrus can degrade the plastic in all these other devices).

I forgot about the Mini Protanks! (Prolly good that I did, for my wallet's sake. ;)) Yes, glass is always best, if sealed properly. Stainless Steel's good too, but you can't see through SS - have to guess when your juice is getting low.

I ordered a couple EVODs I wonder what ohms they are? one member said it depends on the vendor what the stock ohms are on the EVOD...I got them from Goodejuice.com Kanger EVOD Changeable BCC Bottom Coil Clearomizer [KNGREVDCLR] - $6.99 : I see the replacements come in 1.8, 2.2 and 2.5ohm just dont state what ohm head comes in them??

I believe they (evods) usually ship with 2.5 ohm (mine did). Then you can replace, or rebuild to lower resistance if you like.

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
no got a EVOD 650mah and a Value Ego 650mah for replacements I was thinking probally the 2.2ohm was just wandering what they came with from Good E Juice?? They say the are made by Kanger

I think iSmoka is from "Vapeonly"

Oh, don't let my opinion of the iSmoka influence you too much. Adam swears by them, as so do many others!

EDIT: Many folks on here said they got a plastic taste from the T3's (I never noticed it, though.) :D
Only you can says what's best for you.

Last edited:

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I was doing some research and I believe ur right they come with the 2.5ohm which might be ok as I have been using the Kanger T4s. Kanger T4 510 Clearomizer (510/eGo) [KNGRT4CLR510] - $3.99 : I will probably replace with 2.2ohms cause I did try a couple 1.8 ohm G5s Kanger G5 510 Clearomizer [KANG5CLAERO510] - $3.99 : and I do think a in between res. at a 2.2ohm will be best switching between the 650mah EVOD batt and a standard 650mah. someone said the EVOD is a 3.7 volt compared to the other 3.3 or 3.4??

I got two EVOD Clearos coming a black and stainless steel :)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Of these 3, I had best luck with the Evod. The iSmoka I got from HHV didn't leak, but I got a plastic like taste after leaving some juice in it for a prolonged period of not vaping from it. The CE4's leaked like crazy for me. PS you won't need a beauty ring/spacer for any of these using an ego bat, as they all cover the ego threading. I got T3's before the Evods and had good luck with them too. Yes, they will leak a bit if not full. Kanger also updated the atty on them, so they are easier to rebuild than they used to be - they use a similar design as the Evod and Protank now. About as easy as rebuilding Vivi Novas, I'd say. I haven't had any leaking from the 2 Protank I's, or Protank II I have. However, I did/do have to run a twisted tissue up the mouth piece when topping off to catch the condensation before it dripped out. (Also good trick to stop gurgling.) Didn't have a chance to try one of those yet. May not go that way either, if the KayFun mini goes well, I'll be phasing out the T3s, Protanks and Evods. That atty on there looks pretty difficult to rebuild. Looks similar to the iSmoka's. :2cool:
You can't rebuild the Aspire Chak and I hate messing with the protank heads , even with magnifying glasses it's hard to get the legs through without shorting them out.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png

Looking at the chart maybe my other battery is a 3.4 but both batts seem to vape good out of the Kanger T4s so since the T4s work good on both and there rated 2.4-2.6ohm so basically a 2.5, so i think the 2.5ohm EVOD coil head will be ok with both batts I cant wait till they get here along with a order of some juice from HHV :)

I emailed and asked what ohm head the EVODS have and said they were 1.8ohm from fatory which I have a couple 1.8ohm Kanger G5s and they have both worked good too, I was told 1.8ohm is good on both batts

My juice came this Heavenly Army is pretty good!!

Last edited:

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I dont think ill rebuild the EVODs someone said u can dry burn them so figured Id rinse the head in hot water, and let dry some, then dry burn it like I did my buddy's Mini Viva Nova tonight...I watched a couple videos watching how to change heads and PBusardo review of it and how he even rebuilt the head but I didnt see a dry burn Im sure u can?? and then eventually after couple dry burns figure id just replace heads, going to use these two EVODs for my favorite,... I guess u say EDV (every day vape) juices and use the smaller T4s for other flavors and trying flavors out they last for ever just rinsing and dry burning

I just watched a good video on dry burning and about the wicks on the EVOD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BMcvsuBYJo

Last edited:

NeoLogic

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Queens, NY
If you want ease of use and good taste, i would use the iSmoka/VapeOnly mini tanks. They work pretty great, heads are decently priced, and I've never had a leak with them. I've had issues with evods and vivi nova's muting flavor, and leaking with the evod. Switched over to carto tanks, but have the iSmoka in my box as a fall back plan in case something happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread