What vape should I get, switching from disposables?

NOam

Jul 24, 2016
So I started really getting into vaping about 7 years ago and basically quit smoking for a year but ended up ditching it and going back to smoking until recently when I got a Fume disposable vape and although I hate the taste and the mouthfeel, it's keeping me off smoking for 10 days now!

Maybe it's the salt nic? I don't know.

But now I'm looking for a device I can keep using instead of throwing it away when it's done.

What got me to quit vaping in the past was MAINLY the fact that it wasn't very satisfying like a cigarette but also that it was quite bulky with a huge mod and tank and that you have to mess with it frequently. I liked it as kind of a hobby, but when you just want that sweet nicotine and something isn't working quite right, it becomes quite frustrating.

What do you recommend I buy? Maybe some pod system? What will be the best?

I guess a lot has changed because I feel very confused about all the products available, I just want something portable that works.

I do have the urge to get a big mod and start cloud chasing but I feel that doing this wasn't very helpful with psychologically replacing cigarettes, it was just fun.

I would appreciate hearing your thoughts!

TARTARA

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2023
Hi man, have a good one !

I never had any Disposable or Pod or AIO devices ! I prefer small Box Mods with removeble 18650 battery like the Aspire Zelos X 80W with Rebuildable Atomizers or simple Atomizers with rechargeable coils like Aspire Nautilus or Inokin Zlide !

The only Pod Mod i could buy its probably the Aspire Prime X

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    If you can get the ELF bars, they do a prefilled and refillable pod version. (Elf Bar Mate) Also, you can buy the original juice that came in the disposables, look for ElfLiq Nic Salts.

Failing that, my favourite pod system atmo is the Caliburn G2. The OXVA Xlim C looks handy too.

Last edited:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Big question is what kind of vaper are you?

Do you like cloudy DTL or slight mist MTL, as with that info we'll be able to give you some ideas and options then that may suit you.

As for mods, 21700 batteries/cells are being used more. And single 21700 mods are considerably smaller and lighter.

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
    You have to ask yourself what kind of vaper are you do you like sticking with pod systems? Do you like MTL or DL or do u want dense big clouds and subohming+DL in hailing?
    Once you kno this picking out a device is easier or you could just grab something you think you would enjoy and experiment you will find your sweetspot that way..
    Me im not a huge fan of pods so i will always advise people to get to get an actual regulated device mod that you can screw 510 attys on..
    But it still comes down to MTL or DL?

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    To add to this a simple regulated squonk mod can be an option, that's if you want something a little more advanced.

As with squonk mods you can use RDA's (Rebuildable Dripping Atomisers) without the need to keep dripping liquid in them, as they have a liquid reservoir that forces liquid through the 510 connector.

This saves you a fortune on coils, but it's not for everyone.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

bluemomo

Jan 29, 2023
    USA
    I know the feeling! Sometimes you just can't keep screwing with your setup while you wait for the hit. I'm a squonker but keep a good pod system around for this very reason. I use a Luxe X (Vaporesso) because I enjoy how it handles freebase juice well in the 0.4ohm pods, and it gives a pretty airy RDTL hit that I find satisfying. You might prefer something made for MTL and/or salts. I've heard good things about the XROS line for such purposes.

Another option - and some may disagree with me here - is to go to the vape store open latest near you and pick out a system by whatever pods they have in-stock. Sometimes the best way to keep yourself off the cigs is to always be able to replace the fail-point of the device quickly and easily. Just a thought.

Reactions: Letitia

Kimsalter

• May 1, 2023
    My only advice is invest in equipment you will enjoy using. Otherwise you may not stick with it.
    I agree with you buddy, in staring I also made this mistake I bought a cheap vape pod but I am not enjoying it. It has leaking issue and all. So after some time I saved a little bit and go for a better one.

Reactions: Letitia

kinglanavpe

Moved On
    Jul 31, 2023
    • Deleted by retired1

niczgreat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Check out the Joyetech Wide Wick
    along with a 25mg or 50mg E-Liquid Salt
    With only a 1.2 Ohm Resistance you will need a very strong liquid.

The pod is innovative, the bottom half of the pod is Cotton which wicks the liquid and keeps the atty perfectly saturated.

It's a simple setup
    Replaceable pods reasonably priced. Atty built in to the pod.
    Draw activated no buttons.
    One Choice of resistance 1.2 Ohm.
    Top filled

Vapes like a champ and never leaks or sputters. No dry hits either. Holds 2mg of liquid
    I always fill when it gets down to the cotton. 800mah battery lasts 2 days.

Shape is sleek and it's very light weight.
    You want no fuss no muss this is the Pod Vaporizor for you.
    The price is very low around $9.00 and the pods around $2.50 a piece and are supposed to last for two weeks.
    Joyetech has been around from the beginning and make quality products. I've bought 3 different models over the years and they've always been rock solid.

Last edited:
    Reactions: cgrl

Users who are viewing this thread