What was your most frustrating build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckn71nm

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
ABQ, NM, USA
I hope that has not been asked before. I couldn't find it on the forum here. If so, ignore and point me to right thread.

The question is: What was the build you attempted that was most frustrating or difficult?

I just recently watched Rip Tripper build the "Clapton Coil" and thought I have to try that.

The Clapton Coil - YouTube

I have build almost everything before and nothing seemed all that hard. From Nano Dragon to Diamond and Tricro.

This one kicked my ..... I must have gone through about $8 worth of 32g Kanthal and finally got enough wire on the guitar string to attempt the build. I don't have a mech mod so I had to be over 1.2 ohm and was not there. I took it off my KF3.1 and added one wrap. Luckily I left myself enough lead. It came out at 1.9 ohm. Little higher than I want it but OK. Then it started having a hot spot on the negative post And I could not get rid of it despite 30 min trying. It took me in total about 1.5 hours to fail in the end. I put a 1.4 ohm micro coil on it and called it a day.

I will go back to the Clapton and attempt it again. No question about that. But I need to cool off for a day or two.

What's your story?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread