What was your transition from smoking to vaping like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The switch wasn't so easy or smooth for me. I was a PAD+ smoker since I was in my mid teens, so over 20 years. I had quit once about 2 years ago for 6 months using Chantix, but when my husband started smoking again after a stressful week while I was traveling for work, I started up again when I got home. I hated smoking, I hated the smell, I hated the burn marks on the seats in my car, I hated everything about it. So I decided to try again, but using something more smoke like. My husband has been using Blu for over a month, so I thought I would follow his lead and try e-cigs.

I ordered a Blu starter kit and it came in the mail on Wednesday, exactly 2 weeks ago. I had my last cigarette at 6 pm on the drive home from work, then started using the Blu after I got home. I was okay on Thursday at work (my boss let's me vape in my office as it's only water vapor and I don't share an office with anyone else; YAY!) and after I got home, but the weekend was rough. I was cranky, very irritable and so craving a smoke. When I first started, I tried to keep my vaping the same as when I was smoking, you know, keep habit for habit's sake and all that. I would only use it every 90 minutes or so and I would still go outside to use it and at night, I would use it in the bathroom I used to smoke in. Everyone in my house was avoiding me (I live with 8 people in my house), and my mood got so bad, my husband offered to buy me a pack of smokes to make the transition easier. I almost caved. Almost.

After that first weekend, things got easier. I first realized using Blu like I used to smoke cigarettes was not cutting it. Now, I use my Blu constantly. I rarely set the thing down and find myself playing with the battery, twisting the carts on and off and just generally holding the thing. When I'm not holding it, it sits in my pocket for easy reach. However, the Blu isn't going to cut it for me as the battery is so small I am constantly charging it, so I have researched and found a kit I'm going to order this weekend (the Kanger Evod kit from Vape Dojo). Until then, I'll continue to use Blu and the small pre-filled carts I can buy at Walgreens (yes, it's more expensive than buying online, but Blu customer service is so...very...uber-slow... and orders take almost 2 weeks to get to me).

Will I be successful and remain analog free? God I hope so! I did it before, so I know it's possible, I just need to keep going forward. Wish me luck! :D

winemermaid

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
United States
I've been vaping for about a month now, and I can honestly say that the transition was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I have a lot of friends who smoke, and I don't even care to hit a cigarette! I think the fact that I wanted to quit made it easier, but once I quit smoking, and felt the HEALTH benefits, there is no way I could EVER go back to cigarettes! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread