What Will the Future of ECF Look Like .. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I ponder that question when I read the Shipping Ban issues as well as the requirements ..

Will ECF become a hotbed of Member to Member transactions VIA the classified section .. ?? Will R&D on new hardware come to a near halt .. ??

Will some folks eventually just throw the vape towel in when their supply runs out .. ?? Will new Vapers begin to slow coming into the fold .. ??

Will actual B&M vape Shops thrive .. ??

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    IMHO with the shipping ban web sales to individuals will come to a halt and drive new and old vapers alike into whatever remaining B&M stores that carry vaping gear and supplies.

In my state that will be expensive as the first of this year they put in place a %65 tax on all tobacco vaping gear and supplies.

IMHO ECF may revert to its roots with plans/howto's on creating MECH's/MODS and homemade atomizers for those of us that stock piled enough nicotine base to use them.

g.

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    IMHO with the shipping ban web sales to individuals will come to a halt and drive new and old vapers alike into whatever remaining B&M stores that carry vaping gear and supplies.

In my state that will be expensive as the first of this year they put in place a %65 tax on all tobacco vaping gear and supplies.

g.

I think Web sales will come to a halt for those that just don't want to go thru the time and effort on compliance .. some may continue to ship and hope they stay under the radar .. but, if you have a Website that sells Vape Gear / Liquid, it's pretty easy for the Powers that Be to root you out ..

I'm fairly certain a pretty hefty price increase, especially on shipping costs, is forthcoming with those that are left standing .. I've already seen it on some sites ..

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I ponder that question when I read the Shipping Ban issues as well as the requirements ..

Will ECF become a hotbed of Member to Member transactions VIA the classified section .. ?? Will R&D on new hardware come to a near halt .. ??

Will some folks eventually just throw the Vape towel in when their supply runs out .. ?? Will new Vapers begin to slow coming into the fold .. ??

Will actual B&M Vape Shops thrive .. ??
    Don't know Willie. I'm sure some form of m-to-m transactions will go on. I don't see the Chinese vape companies halting R&D. They will still put out new hardware and very likely find creative ways to get new stuff into the hands of vapers. As long as there is $$$ to be made they'll remain in the game.

Smaller companies on the planet, who saw the writing on the wall long ago, were already very creative with how things are done. From convo's with a few of those they will continue to march on and find new ways to meet customer demand. Same is true of Joe Blow who is a one man shop making mods. I absolutely see them flying under the radar.

I suppose, I can see those who haven't stocked up for life throwing the towel in and either quitting or going back to smokes. Alternatively, they might be perfectly happy with BT's cheesy pod-like devices. IDK.

B&M vape shops, I've never really used those, so IDK. They never carried the kind of gear I preferred.

I suspect we will still see new vapers. Especially from the countries who have yet to implement some form of a vape ban. Currently there are ~40 countries that have one in place. If countries decide to follow WHO's recommendations then we will likely see more countries ban vaping or only go with BT offerings (closed systems).

:2c:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    As to the general question in your title... I needz a crystal ball. :D

Borrowed my neighbors and had her look (cuz I don't know how to work one).

In 10 years, We will all be yapping on and on about what we started with (same as we do now), debating whose RTA is best (while the RDA folks laugh), how many dropin coils we have left, who want's to trade a working NIB DNA mod for a mech, counting our remaining bottles of nic. and how many regulated mods we have left (that actually work).

@UncleJunkle will still beat everyone who plays the "What Is This???" thread game. ;)

In 35 years... Those who bought the big box of Rayon (or Tidi balls) will still have more than they ever needed for 3 lifetimes.

If I am fortunate enough to still be logging in... I promise to still go off topic in nearly every thread I participate in. But by then I will be able to just tell everyone my mind isn't what it used to be (hmmm, nvm :lol:).

:D

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If ECF is hosted on US servers (I don't know but I would bet it is) there "could" be problems. But I don't see any problems by just having an information/community site, except for maybe the classified section. Solution is simple, just move to UK servers.

If advertising is yanked becuase advertising is made illegal for all types of vaping products, thereby eliminating that avenue or revenue, ECF may have to go to a forced pay-for-play model instead of a voluntary donation model. ECF doesn't ell ad space, they use an ad server, so they have no control if the ad server decides (or is forced to) to stop serving vape related ads.

JMHO.

Last edited:

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    The future for me looks like this:

@Daniel Forsyth Will aquire both the Asmodus company and Vapefly (makers of the Brunhilde),he will then proceed to name his new company something like Brunmodus.
    After that? well i am truly afraid since Daniel will turn into an evil version of Elon Musk and dominate the world.

In all seriousness i still think ECF will be going on and strong.

Time is wise and puts everyone in their place or shows them the error of their ways *looks at the people in charge of our countries laws regarding vaping*

We will all still be here,each of us into our own little thing,some showing off their new aquisition,others asking for feedback on a device and others exchanging DIY e-liquid recipes.

Call me an optimist but i think ECF will stand strong for a long time and i will stand there among the rest of my fellow vapers.

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    If ECF is hosted on US servers (I don't know but I would bet it is) there "could" be problems. But I don't see any problems by just having an information/community site, except for maybe the classified section. Solution is simple, just move to UK servers.

If advertising is yanked becuase advertising is made illegal for all types of vaping products, thereby eliminating that avenue or revenue, ECF may have to go to a forced pay-for-play model instead of a voluntary donation model. ECF doesn't ell ad space, they use an ad server, so they have no control if the ad server decides (or is forced to) to stop serving vape related ads.

JMHO.
    I believe ECF is on UK servers or it was in 2016 and I haven't heard of a change in that.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    First Annual ECF Swap Meet to be held April 1, 2022 (April Fool's Day is appropriate). Place TBD. Bring your extra nic, your unused mods, your surplus coils, your unloved atties, and your mismatched driptips. Trade for something new and exciting. Keep the shinyitis alive!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

Will some folks eventually just throw the Vape towel in when their supply runs out .. ?? Will new Vapers begin to slow coming into the fold .. ??

Will actual B&M Vape Shops thrive .. ??

I don't see much changing, with perhaps the exception of the Classifieds.

You members from the States will still be vaping, and wanting to yap about it. Those of us from the rest of the world will still be vaping, and wanting to yap about it.

Vape manufacturers will still be making new products, and wanting to yap about them.

People will start vaping, DIY, or rebuildables and come here for knowledge and advice - just like they do now.

And when unfair, ridiculous regulations - like the US mail ban happen? We will have ECF to yap about it :wub:

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    I don't see much changing, with perhaps the exception of the Classifieds.

You members from the States will still be vaping, and wanting to yap about it. Those of us from the rest of the world will still be vaping, and wanting to yap about it.

Vape manufacturers will still be making new products, and wanting to yap about them.

People will start vaping, DIY, or rebuildables and come here for knowledge and advice - just like they do now.

And when unfair, ridiculous regulations - like the US mail ban happen? We will have ECF to yap about it :wub:

While your response was detailed,well written and properly formatted i hate to be the one to tell you that you forgot to mention a crucial tidbit of information...

Is there going to be any yapping?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread