What would be considered the "Ferrari" of e-vaping (e-hookah) portable devices? ($250 budget)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Shoulder holster, like Dirty Harry?

abx7.jpg

Don't Leave Home Without It​

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I have two suggestions, both echo opinions expressed in prior posts.

My first and top recommendation is absolutely a Reo. No it's not a Ferrari and yes it's oldschool. But the major selling point for me, and the reason I always go back to it after messing with my other mods is that it has never ever wronged me. It just works.
-6ml juice capacity
-Nice selection of atomizers, and compatible with cartomizers in an emergency
-Takes flat top batteries, Sony VTC5 is my choice
-It's a mechanical. This may or may not be a selling point for you, but it is for me.

This is mine:

I run a modified Trident V2 clone at .37 ohms or so. This cranks out somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 watts, which is pretty nice. dual 7 wraps of 26 gauge kanthal with Koh Gen Do cotton. Excellent flavor, tons of vapor and it works great. I don't get leaks, and dry hits don't happen unless you mess up, because you squeeze the juice bottle to re-wet the wicks. Your in control.

My second recommendation would certainly be the Provari, although I would absolutely wait for the new P3. I don't need to say anything about this that you can't research yourself. 20 watts device, and super slick looking. Provape has stated that they are shooting for a release before December of this year, and that on release, they will be releasing a variety of colors. It's in the official P3 thread.

As for toppers on this one, I'm still on the hunt for the perfect one in prep for the P3. My nearest choice so far has been the Aspire Nautilus. I have an authentic Kayfun with a glass kit and top fill kit, and I have a bear of a time getting a nice build on it. I'm sure I'll get it right eventually though.
I have a pontus and a big dripper and these don't perform well at 20 watts. They are a nice concept though, but they really need to be built down in the .3 ohm range to satisfy my tanks.
I had a great experience with the Kanger Aerotank Mega, but I bought replacement coils which had little circular juice channels in them, and the coils that worked good for me have slots. If anyone knows where to find the slotted coils, please let me know.
I have a fogger V4, and don't care for it much. I also have an Aqua, and it's quite a bit better, but it's only a 21mm tank, and probably won't look fantastic on the P3.

With all this said, I used to have a Pyrex RSST when I had my Provari v2.5. I used this one for months before I bought my Reo. I drilled the top cap out to 5/64s and it was a very nice draw with a nice amount of vapor. I could take really long draws on it, and even though I had to do the genesis tilt while vaping, it really was a pleasure. I built 2.4 ohm microcoils with 8 or 9 wraps of 28 gauge kanthal on #500 steel mesh. Only problem was that I had to dilute my juice with distilled water by 30% or more to get it to wick properly. I DIY my own juice now, so I don't imagine this would be a huge issue nowadays.

I just picked up the Aspire nautilus today, and really like it. There is a new tank out now called the Silo tank, which is a revised nautilus. Steel over the tank section with a middle section exposed so you can see your juice level. Much wider airflow options than the nautilus, but it's out of stock right now. These only go for 35 bucks, and I expect this is going to be the one that I'll pair with the P3.

That's all I got though, which is quite a bit!

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I would suggest a Provari Mini with extension cap and an extension ring. Lets you use 3 sizes of batteries. To go with it I would suggest a Kayfun. The best clones are the Black Edition, EHpro and Hcigar and all run around $40 at various vendors. Get the Provari at Provape.com; it comes with a 1 year warranty. This is the setup I have been using since Christmas and it has never had a problem.

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
I would suggest a Provari Mini with extension cap and an extension ring. Lets you use 3 sizes of batteries. To go with it I would suggest a Kayfun. The best clones are the Black Edition, EHpro and Hcigar and all run around $40 at various vendors. Get the Provari at Provape.com; it comes with a 1 year warranty. This is the setup I have been using since Christmas and it has never had a problem.
Good suggestion but I would add authentic KFL's are only about $55 on the classifieds and assure you no questionable issues. There are many good KFL clones and there are many that are bad it is hit or miss and with a used authentic from a seller that has a positive feedback rating you assure yourself peace of mind. I think it is worth the $10+ dollars.

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
I've got to throw my vote in for the Reo. For 200.00 you can get an almost indestructible mod, topped with an rm2 that provides the most flavor of any atty I've ever tried. I have an mvp2 and sitting side by side, the Reo grand LP is about the same width but not as tall as my mvp with any topper. There is a Reo mini which is even smaller, but I haven't got that one YET, so I can't comment on it. The beautiful thing about the reo is it's simplicity. There is no tanks to worry about. You just throw whatever build coil you prefer on the rm2, wick it with some readyxwick(my personal choice), fill your 6ml bottle that is hid inside the mod with the juice of your choice and forget about it until your bottle is empty.I've spent more money than I should, trying this, and trying that, but the Reo is the best money I've spent since I started vaping. Just my 2 cents

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
Cloupor 150W box mod
Sub Ohm Innovations Big Dripper RDTA

Big clouds, big power, holds juice like a tank, and comes out to roughly US$300, which is slightly over, but I'm sure you can find a 100W box mod out there which'll cost ya less.

Good luck!
Hand to head for far less than $300 you can have a device that will perform so well 100w is so unnecessary it defies explanation.

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
Ok fine. He asked for a Ferrarri, I suggested a Maserati. Geez.
The way I vape, I use 125-130 watts, but then again, that's me, and I like my vape.
With all respect just out of sheer curiosity what is the resistance of your coils? Also again out of sheer curiosity what batteries can handle that load. I would not consider myself a noob but if I crank my DNA up past 20 watts it burns my throat something fierce.

amtseung

Sep 22, 2014
California
With all respect just out of sheer curiosity what is the resistance of your coils? Also again out of sheer curiosity what batteries can handle that load. I would not consider myself a noob but if I crank my DNA up past 20 watts it burns my throat something fierce.

Resistance of my coils currently sits at 0.14 ohms, which are dual parallel 24ga 5-wrap around a 3/32" drill bit. They are seated in a Tobh V2, and are wicked with organic cotton (not the Japanese cotton pads, hate those), which sits atop a copper 4nine with Sony VTC4's. I know I'm right at the 30A continuous limit, but I'm not concerned because I don't regularly chain vape this setup. It's my cloud-chasing setup, for when I do want to take those big rips. When I do travel and chain vape this setup, the button doesn't even get warm.

Satisfied?

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
Resistance of my coils currently sits at 0.14 ohms, which are dual parallel 24ga 5-wrap around a 3/32" drill bit. They are seated in a Tobh V2, and are wicked with organic cotton (not the Japanese cotton pads, hate those), which sits atop a copper 4nine with Sony VTC4's. I know I'm right at the 30A continuous limit, but I'm not concerned because I don't regularly chain vape this setup. It's my cloud-chasing setup, for when I do want to take those big rips. When I do travel and chain vape this setup, the button doesn't even get warm.

Satisfied?
No need to be snippy I thought I was polite in my question and if I was not I humbly apologize I was merely curious. I am glad you are happy with your set up and are taking safety into account. I just had never heard of anyone vaping beyond 30w hence my asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread