The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Whats is the best Cartomizer

Discussion in 'Cartomizers' started by Andrew Leigh, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Andrew Leigh

Andrew Leigh Full Member

Sep 9, 2015
    whats the best for Flavor? I just want to know been think about trying them out. would like a lose type draw but if its stiff that's fine.

2. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2012
    California
    What is a cratomizer?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Robert Cromwell

Robert Cromwell Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Looking for a rebuildable or at replacing coils?

4. Andrew Leigh

Andrew Leigh Full Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Lol Cartomizers

5. Andrew Leigh

Andrew Leigh Full Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Either is fine with me it would just depend on how difficult it is to rebuild

• Like Like x 1
  6. ImThatGuy

Sep 1, 2012
    California
    Lost type of draw does not equate to a cartomizer.

What setup are you currently using? I know you're a winner on the cloupor giveaway, but of course you don't have that yet.

7. Andrew Leigh

Andrew Leigh Full Member

Sep 9, 2015
    I got a plume veil on a sigelei 100W I also use my subtank mini on it. I know that cartomizers have a tight I would prefer to have one with a lose draw for a cartomizer. I really don't know a whole lot about cartomizers I been using RDAs for a long time got a subohm tank since it was all the rage its good. I am just trying to explore more since I been in my comfort zone for a while. I know that some people love cartomizers and swear by them so I want to experience it for my self.

8. ImThatGuy

Sep 1, 2012
    California
    Well, if you really want to experience it...you need to be around 6 - 9 watts, on average.

Good cartomizers are boge or smoktek. Ranges from single coil, dual coil, small hole, big hole, unpunched, single hole, dual hole, quad hole, etc. Resistance ranges from 1.5 to 3.0

http://www.crystalclearvaping.com/510-Cartomizers-_c_7.html

• Like Like x 1
  9. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    If you want to try them out, try SmokeTech cartos, they are easier to fill than a Boge as the stuffing is a looser wrap. Be sure to let it sit awhile after filling for the stuffing get's completely soaked.

• Like Like x 2
  10. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

• Like Like x 2
  11. Andrew Leigh

Andrew Leigh Full Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Thanks for all the info

• Like Like x 1
  12. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Your welcome. I still use a couple cartos and tanks. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I no longer use cartomizers or cartotanks, but up until about a year ago I was using them almost exclusively. I preferred standard resistance 510 Ikenvape Platininum cartomizers and IBTanked pyrex cartotanks. I liked standard resistance 510 Ikenvape Plats because they generally lasted longer than either Boge or Smoktech, were faster to fill with liquid than Boges, had nice-sized dual laser-drilled holes, and had better flavor than Boge or Smoktech. I can't speak to Ikenvape quality in the last year.

Smoktech 2.0 - 3.0 ohm single coils were my second favorite. I never liked dual coil cartomizers. Boges took too long to fill via the drip method because of their more compact filler material.

[​IMG]

Today I use rebuildables exclusively. I kinda grew tired of the inconsistant availability of Ikenvapes as a brand, and the inconsistancy of cartomizer quality in general regardless of brand. The last time I tried to setup a cartotank I had five dead cartos in a row. I literally had wasted at least 8 ml of premium juice in those bad cartos. Enough was enough.

I finally realized that if I used rebuildables exclusively, that I would be exclusively in charge of the quality of my vape, and not have to rely on the inconsistant quality of cartomizers. Cartomizers were great when they worked, but I suffered from too many bad ones.

I still believe cartos and cartotanks are a great option between clearomizers and rebuildables on the vaping ladder.

Vendor List of Pre-punched Cartomizers

IBTanked Pyrex Cartotanks: A Review

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices

• Like Like x 4
  14. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

Smok 2.0 ohm in an IBTanked produces fantastic flavor, but good e-liquid is half the equation also...

• Like Like x 2
  15. heliguy

heliguy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    chicago
    I was still using cartos until about a month ago until I got into RTAs. These 801 fusion cartos are by far the best out of any cartos I have tried and I have tried pretty much all of them. You do however need a 510 to 801 adapter. They have a much looser draw than all the other cartos. They have absolutely no weird taste which I get from pretty much any other carto. In fact they have not taste what so ever. They produce more vapor and throat hit than the others with excellent flavor. The 2ohm ones seem to work the best. I use to buy them from Iken Vape but they are always out of stock. I highly recommend them!

I started buying them here.

http://www.avidvaper.com/801-fusion-cartomizers/

Here is the link to the stealth adapters. Just make sure you get the 510 to 801

http://www.avidvaper.com/stealth-adapter/

Trust me you wont be disappointed.

• Like Like x 2
  16. JJOOHHNN

JJOOHHNN Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    Ikenvapes are my favorite but he is out of them at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Still playing like a broken record.... :(

• Like Like x 1
  18. JJOOHHNN

JJOOHHNN Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    I have finally have tried an RTA, it is not as hard as I thought it was going to be. Would be easier if I had smaller fingers but still not bad.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.