What's the best Hybrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
I researched a bit and landed on the Orion which can also be the smallest. I'm not a fan of bottom buttons & prefer them on the side but that's my personal preference ergonomically. From what I've read it has the perfect cap in how its both sized & shaped allowing some of the best flavor & vapor. That's an element which was apparently nailed beyond many other hybrids. The cons are that it may require some modding in the form of sanding down the tank to fit perfectly without o-rings but thats going to change with the new version due to come out shortly after new years with tanks that wont require any more sanding. It will also have adjustable air holes from 1mm to 1.6mm in diameter allowing the user to adjust this based on their preference and will have a new unique method of delivering air to the wick which no other hybrid on the market has right now, but enough about the new unreleased Orion V3, lol.

Anyway, the Orion is the only hybrid I have so I cannot comment from personal experience using other devices, but I've done some research. One complaint I've heard about the Zenesis is that they tend to have an airy draw and the top cap pops on & off with o-rings which some like as you can easily adjust air-hole placement and others dislike this saying it can pop off in your pocket.

Every device has its own pros & cons and each model has hoards of devout followers willing to suggest theirs is the best. It boils down to doing your own research of opinions owners have about the pros & cons and take into account what you personally like the best.

I recently got interested in Petar K's Vaper which is unique because of how slim it is and even more so, because its the only automatically activated hybrid where instead of using a button on the bottom or the side it is activated by your lips pressing on the mouthpiece. I'm on the list for the new version of the Vaper but haven't ever used one. Again users have given it good reviews and have also pointed out some things they wish were different, similarly with the new version of the Orion, Petar K took these suggestions into account when he created the new device which should eliminate the complaints associated with the first version.

Just my thoughts and mabe a lil exra. Good luck with whatever you choose! I'll be interested to see which you pick.

vincent93

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2012
California
I was gonna go for the Orion too but I don't think I can't wait for the new Orion v3 lol mabey I should...

So many people are saying iHybrid looks So good but I personally like more of a slick straight tube styles...But iHybrid is coming out Tomorrow!! so it's really hard for me to choose lol

I also love the way Macaveli looks too! well anyways I'm still researching~

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
I got my Orion in the classifieds. I browsed them all the time. Finally I decided to open up a thread under WTB and sat back and waited a day before I had several offers to choose from. I got it mailed the next day. It was that easy. I highly recommend this technique to get a device fast and bypassing the waiting list route or waiting for an item to come back in stock for an unknown amount of time. I think I paid a little extra but it was well worth it because whoever I bought it from had to wait who knows how long for it. For example, the much revered HellFire atty goes for 100 euros or pounds, I forget which, but the waiting list is closed & people that got on the list a month ago will have to wait until next August for it! When they rarely pop up on the classies they can easily go for $250-300+ and people will line up to buy it at that price.
Sometimes you can find the device of your dreams for less than they go for from the modder but that usually depends on quality (how used or with blemishes, etc) or you can occasionally find someone making a good deal.

dredd0606

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Lethbridge, AB Canada
I have an Orion 2.1, and an ihybrid coming. The Orion is absolutely fantastic, it has set the bar really high, but from what I've head, the ihybrid is right up there.

The zen devices look pretty, but they're a little too airy for my preference.

I really want to try a silverdog by van, but good luck getting one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread