Status
Not open for further replies.

sahilm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2010
New Delhi India
Dear all a very good day to everyone .
I have a question too , as everyone does :)

The Re-buildables have hybrids that i think look so so so darn stunning , the ikarus , the genni , the zenisis , the ihybrid, etc etc ....

why is there no cartomizer tank hybrid !! i mean a tube with a cartomizer tank thats integrated and flush .... it looks so so so nice !!

also if not a hybrid , what would be the best mach of a cartomizer tank and a mod where the tank is flush with the tube and looks like one SMALL unit ..

PHOTOGRAPHS ARE MOREEEEEEEEE than welcome please .

best wishes and warm regards
Sahil .

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
The point of a Hybrid, as far as I know, is to reduce as much loss at the device as possible. Every piece of wire, switch, connection, etc introduces more resistance into the mix, which means less power. And wasted battery life. The more direct the path to the coil, the less loss you deal with.

Because of this, there really isn't any advantage to having a Hybrid carto tank. Any advantage of the Hybrid setup would be lost running cartos. Whatever goes on with the device itself, introducing cartos into the mix means introducing a 510 connection on the battery end, a 510 connection on the tank end, wires on the tank end, wires on the battery end, solder joints between every piece of wire and connection.

I'd hazard a guess that's the reason you don't see any- it's totally pointless as far as performance is concerned. I agree something like what you describe would be very cool looking and probably a good all around device.

It's just that cartotank users are probably unlikely to pay hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for a device that they are stuck with one single juice when using. If it was a genny atty, not as big of a deal, flavor changing is rather easy, and the performance of a genny is worth it.

But with a cartotank? Just kind of a waste. I still love the idea of a cartotank that at least appears as if it was built into the device, all the gaps and varying diameters bug the hell out of me.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
I think this looks good, the Fluid Flask. Comes in two sizes, one for standard cartos and one for xl cartos.

phluid1a.jpg

GreekLion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
United States
cartomizers are disposable, the whole piece gets tossed out. the point of a hybrid's top is to have a rebuilt wick, but keep the actual device intact save the material thats burning the vapor (some wire and silica/mesh). would be incredibly impractical and expensive.

on that note, +! for the fluid flask.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
yeah, that fluid flask looks like a force to be reckoned with, doesn't it? as far as hybrids go...it's doubtful they can make one at this point, because you'd have to rebuild and re-stuff some kind of chamber, and it may be a while until somebody comes up with a way to make those tiny wires and all that filler fit back into a tiny tube.

i will say that i am drooling about the billet box. i am hoping to get my hands on one of those bad boys at some point. it's not a hybrid, but the cartomizer and tank are inside the mod itself. amazing, simple looking work of art. have you seen it?

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I think this looks good, the Fluid Flask. Comes in two sizes, one for standard cartos and one for xl cartos.

phluid1a.jpg

i just got notification that they are back in stock, and i couldn't order one fast enough. these tanks are absolutely gorgeous, and from the reviews i've seen, they perform really well, too. i'm so psyched to get mine!

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
from the video review pbusardo did, it isn't going to slide anywhere! that tank is built like a...well, like a tank! i don't think there will be any sliding issues. i have a li'l mamma tank, and it holds the carto so tightly, i never have to worry about sliding. i tried one of the artemis locking tanks, and i actually had to remove the locking ring on the bottom of it to get it to make a good enough connection on a couple of my mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread