Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Get a vamo v5 for 60 euros, or and EVIC for 85, or just get a provari right away?

was looking for a 60 euro max mod. but then i see the evic, find a good deal and BOOM negative aspects such as unstable output.

advice needed..
Read the forums dedicated to each device down below in the APV section and see which have the least amount of complaints and issues, then choose accordingly. :)

It won't take long, I promise.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
There is no need to ever own a Provari just like there no need to ever own a BMW. People seem to get where they want to go with a Ford or Toyota (with less style and bragging rights, perhaps).
A ProVari IS like a Toyota in that it's durable and keeps going regardless of abuse.

No one wants a Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily) unless they're...well....different than me who doesn't want to futz about with it all day....lol

I don't consider a ProVari to be like a sports car. It's a workhorse.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
There is no need to ever own a Provari just like there no need to ever own a BMW. People seem to get where they want to go with a Ford or Toyota (with less style and bragging rights, perhaps).

Wrong, I need a device that is rugged enough to survive my daily use.
I've owned most of the APV's available some lived a few hours a few made it 14 days.
My first Provari lived 11 months of daily use in all sorts of conditions before it was crushed flat.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Another clear case of the provai is always right I guess. I'm happy with my wired mech mods. A silver bullet is made as well as a provari, and it's cheaper. If I want to fuss with volts and stuff, I'll make a guitar effects pedal, and start bending some circuits. My bolt handles my nicotine cravings just fine.

ONE person says get a ProVari in this thread and it's "the ProVari is always right"?

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
No need to ever have a Provari. It has a one year warranty but if you want an additional year of extended warranty you must purchase it that at the same time you buy the Provari. Besides, if you ever need service you will have to send it all the way back to the USA. You can buy three Sigelei Zmax V3s for that and keep two for backups, not that you are likely to need them.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Get a vamo v5 for 60 euros, or and EVIC for 85, or just get a provari right away?

was looking for a 60 euro max mod. but then i see the evic, find a good deal and BOOM negative aspects such as unstable output.

advice needed..

If you can wait a month you can pick up a Vamo V5 for $37 (~€30) from China.

Alternatively if you want to go for a high end mod like the Provari, as you are EU based consider the SvoeMesto Semovar, it's about the same price in the EU, has the same warranty (forget service as Provape are US based and charge $50 to ship the Provari to you so by the time you have sent it and got it back and paid for a repair you could buy a new Mod) and uses the VV/VW Nivel Chip.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
every person's needs are varied ... I bought a $100 eVic because it was the best unit available where I purchased from ... if the guy had a Provari, I probably would have bought that.

At the time, I was not a member on ECF and did not know much about eCigs ... I just knew, I didn't want something cheap that would fall just shy of helping me quit smoking.

The eVic has been a champ and did the job with kicking smokes to the curb ... however, I also care for it the same as I do a cell phone.

After 2 months here on ECF, I still have not figured out why someone would own 2 Provaris (or 2 of the same BMW for that matter) ... owning 2 Cats or 2 Dogs (I get that) ... they must have more expendable money than the people I know in my life.

I honestly do not expect this eVic to stop doing the job any time soon (17,498 puffs on it's puffometer) ... if and when it does die, I will get another premium device ... my emergency backup consists of an extra $12 battery for the eVic and a Blu kit :2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread