What's the optimal voltage on V4L Dial-A-Volt for their 1.5 Ohms Dual Coil Metal Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTM

Feb 12, 2011
South Carolina
I have V4L's Dual Coil Metal tanks (1.5 Ohms, 808D). I ordered V4L's Dial-A-Volt battery & I need to know what voltage is best for my tank system. I know that higher voltage will produce more vapor, but may overheat the low-resistance coils. So, what's the best setting to get the most vapor from these 1.5 Ohms tanks without burning the coils (or juice) & yet maximize battery life. I'm sure it's a "balancing act" but does anyone have suggestions...preferably with experience with this set-up?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Brett

dBm0

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Georgia
Hey Brett, maybe try asking in the Vapor4Life sub-forum to get better responses. I don't have that exact same set-up, but I'm using something similar to those V4L 808D dual-coil tanks. Aside from the connection type, my Smoktech low-ohm (1.5-ohm) dual-coil carto tanks appear to be the same thing as your 808D dual-coil carto tanks and that V4L Dial-A-Volt battery appears very similar to a Twist. If your dual-coil carto has the same internal construction as my ST LR DCTs, they have two 3-ohm coils wired in parallel for a total resistance of 1.5 ohms at the connection point with the battery and I believe I saw the Twist has a 3-amp limit, so you may want to be careful not to push it past 4.4 volts to avoid over amping that battery. Vaping wattage with dual-coils is a bit confusing because the total wattage being produced by the battery is being shared between the two coils, so each coil is firing at half the total wattage being produced. Vaping sweet-spot wattage is totally subjective and will depend on your juice and personal taste. I vape high PG straight tobacco flavors and like those at 3.8 volts vaping at 4.8 watts per coil…YMMV.

Last edited:

dBm0

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Georgia
Yep and very welcome. I like LR DCTs, but we do need to keep an eye on the amp draw on the battery with these because they will pull more amps to hit the same sweet-spot wattage at each coil than single-coil cartos will. Using LR DCTs does take a toll on our battery's charge times and total battery longevity though.

I use this link to check watts and amp draw. Just plug in the total ohms of your atty and the volts your vaping at and hit calculate. Gives amp draw on the battery and total wattage being produced. Then just divide the wattage result by 2 and that is what each coil individually is firing at. Good luck and happy vaping.

http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread