• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Whats under that JB weld unfortinatly I had to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Here is my abused by storing it with fluid in it Carlos juice Box. Thank goodness the JB weld was cracked and split apart or I`d of attempted cleaning it first only to realize this needed done due to the wick in the coil.

Under the JB weld it is something like this although there was another small tube attached before the atomizer pot that was like dust. attaches to the brass tube going down into the bottle tube. Don`t understand why it was there.
CarlosJuiceBoxRe-build001-1.jpg

I will be needing a new bottle and tubes as well. Here you can see they are melted to get a better fit and keeps them in place. At the top that is a small brass nipple
CarlosJuiceBoxRe-build021.jpg

To me this will be the harder part of this mod. I`m looking into going smaller once I get the parts needed.
CarlosJuiceBoxRe-build014.jpg

This will be needing cleaned out. Rather nasty looking in there.
CarlosJuiceBoxRe-build016.jpg

other end
CarlosJuiceBoxRe-build015.jpg

There is the pot and coil sitting in it. It would be centered but I got ahead of taking the pictures and went back.
CarlosJuiceBoxRe-build009.jpg

I slightly pushed the coil up and it has a wick. Thought this mod didn`t but seeing is believing. It is nasty crusted up and needs a new wick.
CarlosJuiceBoxRe-build005.jpg

Wick removed
CarlosJuiceBoxRe-build007.jpg

appears to have 7 coil wraps and here it is no wick
CarlosJuiceBoxRe-build010.jpg

Coil removed from pot. Pot is shown top down in where coil would sit.
CarlosJuiceBoxRe-build012.jpg

Here is the back side of the pot.
CarlosJuiceBoxRe-build013.jpg

I rebuild my own coils for atomizers and CE2`s so I tossed a coil together but my nichrome wire is smaller then his. I use 36 gauge wire.
I will get this later just incase but it is fine to reuse this one after I install a new wick.
CarlosJuiceBoxRe-build019.jpg

Last picture. Here you can see the pot is something that was cut you can see the cut is uneven. Scrape it with a knife and I`d think it could be JB Weld. No way.
There is also to me what makes me think a straw may have been used to keep the center open where the coil sit down in. This is not for sure just what I think I`m looking at. I`ve got JB weld and will try a run at that myself to see what it comes out like.
CarlosJuiceBoxRe-build020.jpg

once I get new tubing I will add the pictures to this album at Photobucket for those interested in seeing it go back together.

A look at the Carlos Juice Box atomizer pictures by _Connman_ - Photobucket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread