What's wrong with my coffee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nidua42

Jun 7, 2013
Somers, NY, USA
I'm slowly figuring out the ins and outs of DIY and all of the flavors but coffee remains a mystery to me. I'm using TFA coffee flavor and I made few batches anywhere from 3% to 12% letting them steep for 3 weeks although I tried the batches in the mean time. none of them taste like coffee and I know my coffee :) At 3% there is absolutely no flavor, at 8% I can almost smell it, at 12% I'm not sure what it is but it's not coffee. All I want is a simple coffee liquid, straight up without anything added. What am I doing wrong? Should I go higher? 15%? 20%?

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I have yet to vape a coffee I love, from a vendor or DIY. Caramel cap. is ok but it's a cappuccino, not a true coffee. Vixen Vap ors coffee e-liquid w/ an extra shot of flavor is ok. All others I've tried suck. I've heard people have good luck extracting from real coffee. I've tried once and it was too weak but I've done a few extractions since then and am about to give it another go.

nidua42

Jun 7, 2013
Somers, NY, USA
I haven't heard anything about TFA coffee. Most coffee flavors are either unrealistic or weak, it seems. Maybe you can use the TFA coffee in a mixture of something. I've heard coffee flavors added to tobacco, give it an extra something.
Yep, I've been mixing coffee with tobacco too although these were ready eliquids so I will have to experiment a little and see if this is usable at all

souleaterzer0

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
right here
I have yet to find a good coffee vape yet either. I have tried TFA Caramel Cap, TFA cappucinno, 2-3 others I can't remember and 4-5 home extractions. They were all failures. I have heard a couple times that vapingzones super concentrate coffee is good (on my wishlist). I myself hate coffee. I am only trying to get something acceptable for my father and sister. They like Folgers colombian dark roast and everything that I have made has been too weak or it didn't taste like coffee at all to them.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I adore coffee. Is your SN from the anime?
I have yet to find a good coffee vape yet either. I have tried TFA Caramel Cap, TFA cappucinno, 2-3 others I can't remember and 4-5 home extractions. They were all failures. I have heard a couple times that vapingzones super concentrate coffee is good (on my wishlist). I myself hate coffee. I am only trying to get something acceptable for my father and sister. They like Folgers colombian dark roast and everything that I have made has been too weak or it didn't taste like coffee at all to them.

souleaterzer0

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
right here
No, I have been using this SN for over 15 years. I created it back when diablo first came out. I love the manga as well so its win win. There is also Souleater Not! (manga) which I believe is still ongoing.

Slightly back to topic now....
I am more of a tea guy myself. I don't even like the smell of coffee, which is wierd because everybody else in my family goes crazy over it. I really enjoy fruit and bakery type juices. I can't wait to get home and mix up some flavor combinations I thought up over my week long vacation.

Moses195

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
New Mexico
This is very disappointing. I love coffee, this is one of my basic vapes and I was hoping to just get a simple and ordinary coffee without an wierd stuff in it. I guess at some point I can try making my own extract but the 30ml bottle of TFA coffee seems like a waste. Oh well. Live and learn :)

Try Dark Roast Coffee from Mr. Vape. Tastes like black coffee to me. And their Vanilla Coffee is really good too.

Dana

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
I have yet to vape a coffee I love, from a vendor or DIY. Caramel cap. is ok but it's a cappuccino, not a true coffee. Vixen Vap ors coffee e-liquid w/ an extra shot of flavor is ok. All others I've tried suck. I've heard people have good luck extracting from real coffee. I've tried once and it was too weak but I've done a few extractions since then and am about to give it another go.

I'm a bit of a coffee snob. All of the vendor coffee liquids I've tried have been mediocre at best. Although not phenomenal, my DIY coffee extracts have been the best coffee vapes I've had. The taste is on par with an under-extracted coffee, which is far and away better than the vendor stuff.

I am more of a tea guy myself. I don't even like the smell of coffee, which is wierd because everybody else in my family goes crazy over it. I really enjoy fruit and bakery type juices. I can't wait to get home and mix up some flavor combinations I thought up over my week long vacation.

For some reason, DIY tea extracts are much more forgiving and have turned out very well for me.

Ebred

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
Attleboro, Ma
Hi Nidua,
Just like baking, other ingredient are sometimes needed to make a flavor pop. Make sure you use a sweetener with the coffee. Coffe tends to have a little bitter taste sweeter activated more tastebuds. I'm not familiar with tfa's coffee. I just made " coffee espresso" from flavour art. It smells like a skunk in concentrate form, really. I made a batch at .5% FA coffee espresso 3% Bavarian cream and .5% EM to further sweeten. Omg it's awesome lol. I'm going to increase the espresso flavor to 1% on the next batch.

Try your batch at 1%. Just let it sit a day it won't need to steep a week.

Regarding your flavor, what are you using for an atomizer. If you're using a vivi nova try just a plain boge cartomizer. I'm jaded I hate vivi novas. Atomizers play a huge roll in getting the right flavor.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
This is my frustration. What are all these e-liquid venders using for flavors? Sure some are not so representative of Coffee, but some are at least acceptable references.
Seems with most DIY flavorings nothing comes anywhere close.
Lorann Coffee = Muddy/must/coagulates
TFA Coffee Clear - horrible at any percent and NOTHING like any coffee I ever had, truck stops included.
Espresso - hard to work with and harsh
Mocha - reasonable but not coffee flavor

Attempts at combinations have lead to tragic Flavor disasters. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread