• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What's your Everyday Carry (EDC) vape kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lty1098

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2015
Haze Land
Setup of the day. quite some time nv use my tvf4 mini.

20151214_185718_zps3eeseyie.jpg

FusedMoose

Dec 21, 2015
Here's a device of a newbie that just joined this subforum (Me!)

Enjoying my Aromamizer RDTA with dual horizontal fused Clapton reading at 0.33Ohms on my Xcube 2. With the Bandung juice from our Neighbours haha. :p

I have three bottles of US Cosmic fog juices at home but I find the TH of them too painful for me. Any suggestions on what I could do with them to make it smoother for me? I found some suggestions about steeping them with the cap off overnight, would that help? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    708.4 KB · Views: 22

Ninthsine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2015
Here's a device of a newbie that just joined this subforum (Me!)

Enjoying my Aromamizer RDTA with dual horizontal fused Clapton reading at 0.33Ohms on my Xcube 2. With the Bandung juice from our Neighbours haha. :p

I have three bottles of US Cosmic fog juices at home but I find the TH of them too painful for me. Any suggestions on what I could do with them to make it smoother for me? I found some suggestions about steeping them with the cap off overnight, would that help? Thanks!
Overnight a bit too long. Try 2 hours. Or mix with vg

FusedMoose

Dec 21, 2015
Overnight a bit too long. Try 2 hours. Or mix with vg

Ah alright. I'll try steeping a bottle to try it out later tonight then. Sadly I don't have any VG or PG by themselves haha. Never gone into making my own juices. At least not yet! :p

Thanks for your suggestion, I hope 2 hours is enough. My throat is a ..... lol

Ninthsine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2015
Ah alright. I'll try steeping a bottle to try it out later tonight then. Sadly I don't have any VG or PG by themselves haha. Never gone into making my own juices. At least not yet! :p

Thanks for your suggestion, I hope 2 hours is enough. My throat is a ..... lol
Hahaa, slowly get used to the bdsm in your throat

Reactions: Karstine

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
Actually throat hit just need higher vaporising heat to tame them, however cool you need is dependent on the airflow. Due to the excessive amount of vaporised juice from increased surface area, it may seem harsh.
On the other hand, I would not suggest doing any breathing of the juice it'll make it even harsher. Breathing should only be done when flavourings are overpowering or flavouring has excessive amount of alcohol as carrier. Everything you do/don't do now will only make it more harsh as time goes by oxidizing the nic.
Soooo the best bet is to pump some watts and open some airflow.

FusedMoose

Dec 21, 2015
Actually throat hit just need higher vaporising heat to tame them, however cool you need is dependent on the airflow. Due to the excessive amount of vaporised juice from increased surface area, it may seem harsh.
On the other hand, I would not suggest doing any breathing of the juice it'll make it even harsher. Breathing should only be done when flavourings are overpowering or flavouring has excessive amount of alcohol as carrier. Everything you do/don't do now will only make it more harsh as time goes by oxidizing the nic.
Soooo the best bet is to pump some watts and open some airflow.

I see, I'm now Vaping at 140watts on my build that I have shown in my earlier post. You think 140 watts should suffice for my Aromamizer RDTA? Or should I just go back to my Velocity RDA to try my US juice again? To be honest I've never tried my juice again after that "bad" first experience with it haha. ^^"

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
140W, I think I might have found the problem. It really depends more on how your fused clapton is made. If the harsh heat was from the first puff but subsequent puffs are ok = your build is not efficient, it usually arises when you have too much wraps that leads to a high heat capacity which causes it to not heat up as fast and as such nic vaporised much more than the rest of the juice(one of the reason why people usually blow while firing for awhile before vaping).
Try steam engine check your build (heat flux which i'll keep around 170-220) according to the inner core. I would assume its a 8/9 wraps of 26 core fused?

FusedMoose

Dec 21, 2015
@WarA I think I get what you're trying to say. Yeah, probably having too high heat capacity is the issue here. Yeah, 26g but it's only about 5 wraps per coil, and they glow from the middle and all those normal checks. Hmm, maybe I'll try reducing a coil or two or even try building normal twisted parallels on my Velocity and try it out. Should have a lesser surface area than fused Clapton which helps reduce the heat capacity right?

P/S: I'm so bad at handling US juices lol ^^"

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
@WarA I think I get what you're trying to say. Yeah, probably having too high heat capacity is the issue here. Yeah, 26g but it's only about 5 wraps per coil, and they glow from the middle and all those normal checks. Hmm, maybe I'll try reducing a coil or two or even try building normal twisted parallels on my Velocity and try it out. Should have a lesser surface area than fused Clapton which helps reduce the heat capacity right?

P/S: I'm so bad at handling US juices lol ^^"

I do 4 wraps of fused 26 core. Well thats strange, 5 wraps of 3mm should be more towards 0.2 instead of 0.33. Unless its just a normal clapton not fused clapton.
And yup lesser wraps lesser surface area = lesser heat capacity.

Another possible issue could be if you're using nichrome, you might be allergic to nickel content (although its very minimal)

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
@WarA my coils are 2.5mm though, could that be the problem? I was afraid I couldn't fit the coils in my base properly ^^"

if you think about it 3mm to 2.5mm would give you even lesser resistance lol.
I would assume its just a normal clapton instead of a fused clapton (2x core), it could also mean the post are not tightened properly (losing connection from the other core) so you might want to check that as well.

Main point to note is that clapton is dual coil, fused clapton is quad coil. Check roughly on steam engine then onto device (will definitely have slight variation but not that much)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread