What's your favorite bf atomizer for flavor???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Personally... I like the Narda, Solo, Armor and the Soul S....those are my current favorites. All are built single coil. In all fairness, I think the NarDA is the bar and the others are trying to reach it. That's just me, though...
I get great flavor from my Narda. Thanks to an awesome member here on ECF who had already drilled the top cap to tame the whistling :D

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I get great flavor from my Narda. Thanks to an awesome member here on ECF who had already drilled the top cap to tame the whistling :D
That's a 'must do'....hard to believe Nareg doesn't address that issue. What a simple fix....:blink:

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I look forward to trying Chalice 4 and NextEra looks interesting.
    I like my kayfun 5 and Rose 3.1 and hopefully the Chalice 4 might be what Im looking for.
    Sometimes too rich of flavor can drown out flavorful notes.
    I've been able to taste 3-4 different flavors using Rose 3.1 on some liquids but not in a dripper or RDTA type.
    Mostly I like 2 flavor liquids,an inhale and exhale flavor,and many drippers bring it out if good SS is used.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2013
    Downtown Charleston, SC
    Uhm... They are completely different.

The III has a very tight draw, too tight even for me at this point, and I'm strictly MTl (and yes, that 'l' is lower case for a reason). The III also has an itty-bitty deck with barely any room for wick ends to touch the deck. 20 watts is really pushing the limits of a III and it's really more comfortable at 10-15.

The IV has a much more open draw. Yes, you can close it down fairly tight, but IMO, it doesn't vape well that way. This is an atty that wants considerably more power and airflow, more than I want to deal with.

For me, the III is too little and the IV is too much. I used to love the III. Although I had high hopes for it, I do not love the IV.

Not so different in the flavor department, make sure your wick is short, same wick size as the III,no tucked excess.

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    I have some of the attys that have been mentioned here. Most have great flavor - but that damn whistle! They sound like a tea pot. How do you guys remedy that?

It could be many things like coil height or distance to the vent, your wick, how you draw, the drip tip, and some just whistle no matter what you do.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    RM2 and O little 16

Flavor beasts![
    I have a O little 16 but can't seem to get the vapor I want.
    I've tried dual,vertical single in center,and single in center and one side but none seems to deliver good vapor.
    What size and ohm of coil(s) gets good vapor out of O little 16?
    I'm getting ready to try a 2.5mm 0.75 ohm in 27 gauge and see what happens.

citral

Sep 9, 2017
    I'd say you can't go wrong with a Narda, Hadaly or O-16, but you can also make them perform badly :)

Been there, done that, ordered like 12 different clones and now I'm down to perfecting the build on those 3 only and leave the rest on the shelf. That's the key here, lots of trial and error. Also "it depends" is a very valid answer, to me, the Hadaly likes to see its voltage boosted on the VT and is not too keen on the reo, it loves tropical mixes, while the Narda is the only atty I managed to make perform with a clapton in it on a mech, it likes berries, the O-16 loves vanilla/cigar/biscuit flavors, but needs a very frequent squonk, which is fine when I relax with an aged rum after a long day.

All in all it's finding the atty/mod/flavor that work together and then trying to perfect it without going places.

Think of it as if you try to learn guitar but instead of concentrating on say classical for one year, you try a bit of metal, a bit of folk, a bit of jazz, you'll never get really good at either :)

Last edited:

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I got the YFTK clones of the next era,chalice 4,Hussar,and Armor 1.0.
    The chalice,armor and hussar all are good on flavor.The Armor being my favorite so far but the others all have unique characteristics.
    The next era so far I don't care for using kanthal.The thick walls surrounding tiny chamber gets hot very quickly.I can't say it's not flavor champ yet because I've only tried a few coils in it.

The armor 1.0 is very similar to split S but has a smoother air flow and the single coil insert seems to fit and work better.

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    My favorites for flavor (still own at least one) - all single coil:

O-Little (clone)
    Stumpy
    Solo (clone)
    Wasp
    Hadaly

I've really been liking the Solo and Wasp with single clapton coils. Currently have a 5-wrap, 2.5mm, spaced SS clapton in the Wasp on a Reo P67 and it is pretty amazing. Still use an O-Little and Hadaly every day. I love the O-Little on my Reo Grands - no overhang on the catch cup is a bonus - I'm OCD and will not use a 22mm atty on a Grand so it's a win-win.

citral

Sep 9, 2017
    I've really been liking the Solo and Wasp with big single coils. Currently have a 5-wrap, 2.5mm, spaced SS clapton in the Wasp on a Reo P67 and it is pretty amazing.

How's the spitback? I have the feeling the mouth is really too close to the coil on the wasp by seeing it, never pulled the trigger because of that.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2013
    Vancouver
    www.thisoldneon.com
    I don't have a ton of BF atty experience, but I have used a ton of RDAs and for me, 5 wraps of fused 26/40g ni80 in a Hadaly is the best I've managed to get. Fat wick tails to further restrict the chamber and sop up the juice. Vapes forever on a single squonk. It's perfect and I don't deviate. I'm a cream guy, so that tilts my bias.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2014
    Macomb, MI, USA
    My vote is the cyclone with wide open afc cap.. side mount with 30gx3 fused Clapton 36g wrap wraps around 2mm rod comes out to around .67ohms. Thick large clouds.

My cyclone has modded opened up wire mount holes.

Small tall chamber rba is key.. small short like the 0-16 makes the vape hotter and one would need to add a longer drip tip to fight that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread