What's your favorite vision stardust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baobei

Apr 15, 2012
Shanghai
Am currently using a version with a short wick. Have seen for sale a version called Version 2 that has longer wicks. Do the longer wicks really make any difference? Have also seen a version 3 that claims to be 'exchangeable and detachable'. The fact that it is detachable makes me worry about leakage. What I like about my current clearomiser is that is never leaks...

Which is best?

s14sher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2011
Oklahoma
It sounds like you're talking about the new version with replaceable heads. I have one and I prefer it to the original stardust. I've had some leakage with the older one but never with the new one. It's a lot easier to clean, since it comes apart easily. As far as short vs long wicks, I can't tell much difference.

baobei

Apr 15, 2012
Shanghai
It sounds like you're talking about the new version with replaceable heads. I have one and I prefer it to the original stardust. I've had some leakage with the older one but never with the new one. It's a lot easier to clean, since it comes apart easily. As far as short vs long wicks, I can't tell much difference.

Thanks, i'll probably cut the wicks shorter if i go for the detachable one. At a certain point the weight of the liquid would just weigh it down so extremely long wick would be kind of useless.

I presume it must have some kind of o-ring and the base else i't leak quite easily.

danpio1217

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Columbus, Ohio (Dublin)
I really prefer the long wicks on those. With the shorter wicks once the clearo is half full you start getting dry hits and have to turn it on it's side for the juice to soak into the wicks in order to use up all the juice. With the longer wicks you don't have to do that until it's about 1/4 the way full.

IMO i really wouldn't cut the wicks as you have nothing to gain by doing that. As far as the v2 vs. the v3, i've only tried the v2 but i'd think the v3 would be better economically as you can replace the head/coil once it gets gunky. Buy some extra heads and the thing should last forever. I haven't read anything about more or less leaking with the v3, get juice in the center post and it will leak regardless of the version

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
I've actually had better luck with the short wicks. I can't explain why, but I get a cleaner taste with the short ones. The newest version is great, in my opinion, and I love that you can change out the heads instead of replacing the whole unit. I use thicker, sweeter juices, so my wicks get gunked up easily. I love that when it starts to clog, I can just change the head.

To each their own.

s14sher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2011
Oklahoma
I cut the long wicks in the head I'm using now and I'm honestly not sure if I can tell a difference or not. It almost seems like the flavor is a little better, but since I've read where people say shorter wicks don't mute the flavor as much as long wicks, it could be a placebo effect. I don't necessarily need long wicks because of the way I hold my PV when I vape. Kinda like a cigar.

jeffjr464

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
London, Ontario, Canada
im an engineer/conductor on the railroad, i bent over the knuckles on a boxcar today to fix something and bent the metal tubes in both of my stardusts!! they were in the front of my coveralls and they still work, but look a little funny :) off topic, how come the money part of my banner isnt working?

s14sher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2011
Oklahoma
im an engineer/conductor on the railroad, i bent over the knuckles on a boxcar today to fix something and bent the metal tubes in both of my stardusts!! they were in the front of my coveralls and they still work, but look a little funny :) off topic, how come the money part of my banner isnt working?

I've dropped mine and the tube was off center. One side of the plastic tank part had pulled out slightly. I put the base against my desk and pushed it back into place. I had to push fairly hard, but it's straight now and still in use.

Can't help you on the banner, sorry.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
In my experience sometimes it doesn't even matter if the wicks are wet. And I just tipped the ego over to get more juice on the wicks... I will to get Dry-Hits which is beyond frustrating.

On another note I took one of my dead on arrival T2s and modified the head by removing a few bits and now I'm using it 'To Drip'. Works ok I guess considering I've just ordered my first addy to try out Dripping.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
would be better economically as you can replace the head/coil once it gets gunky.

the ones I have have replaceable atty head/coils, but I also bought extra tubes (in case one cracks) as well as an extra center post (in case one leaks). Rebuildable in every way.

Mine are long wicks, after I fill I do a few dry pulls on them before hitting the battery button.....works well.

And tilt once in a while when juice gets low.

I've had way more dry hits on those Boge cartos than anything else I've used.....of course, I probably have some that are boge-gate problem ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread