What's your label, Mable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
so as i was finishing up a fresh batch of juice and sticking the label on the bottle i started wondering how everyone else labels their bottles?

when i first started making my own i'd just slap a plain white label on the bottle and use a sharpie to write the flavor and make date. but being a graphic designer i'm kinda .... about presentation so i found these cool old timey blank labels to print the info on. still not as slick as i would like but it'll do for now.

IMG_7493.jpg

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I DIY extensively (and even sell quite a bit to friends and what not) I NEED to come up with a nice label for my bottles but have NO idea where to get started! Where do you get your blank labels from?

Here’s an example of one of my labels. It’s not bad but not as professional as I’d like.

11c24889a2927586930aeb97108df0b7.jpg

Sent from my Sega Genesis using Tapatalk

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
I DIY extensively (and even sell quite a bit to friends and what not) I NEED to come up with a nice label for my bottles but have NO idea where to get started! Where do you get your blank labels from?

i got mine from Amazon. just searched for Avery labels until i saw one that i fancied.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
i got mine from Amazon. just searched for Avery labels until i saw one that i fancied.
Blank labels could’ve had at any office supply store if you’re willing to use paper. A lot of labels are low density styrene now. It’s going to have different ink adhesion. They seem to come off easier than the paper ones though which is a bonus.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I use a DYMO label printer that works from my computer (I have hand problems and can't use teeny tiny keyboards) so I can set up all the info I want and save the label to just change the date. To be honest, though, now I just pretty much color code*
my normal recipes and just stick a piece of the right color on so I'm only really labeling new flavors or moving targets.

* That's a fairly old picture - I now use a combination of colored label tape and (a limited number) of colored drip caps.
label maker.jpg

Reactions: kas122461
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread