The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What's your label, Mable?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Craybee, Sep 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Craybee

Craybee Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2013
    Washington, DC
    so as i was finishing up a fresh batch of juice and sticking the label on the bottle i started wondering how everyone else labels their bottles?

when i first started making my own i'd just slap a plain white label on the bottle and use a sharpie to write the flavor and make date. but being a graphic designer i'm kinda anal about presentation so i found these cool old timey blank labels to print the info on. still not as slick as i would like but it'll do for now.

IMG_7493.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Wow! :wub:

I'm a hobbyist graphic designer who really needs to get a printer ;)

At the moment I use masking tape and a pen :facepalm::oops:;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Oh wow. rhyme name slang. “What’s the deal MacNeil?” Was another one. That’s some seriously anachronistic stuff. Old parents? That’s where I got mine.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I use tape and a sharpie. I've never had a good reason to get any fancier than that, me and my wife are the only people that ever see them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Electrodave

Electrodave Cool Vapor Cool Vaper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 14, 2015
    Denver, CO
    I use silicone striping tape and a sharpie. Now that I'm down to one flavor (coconut), I wonder why I need to label it at all. It was useful when I had different flavors and strengths.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wayneo

Wayneo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    #metoo. Best part about it is that it's low tack and easily removable with very little residue

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ckquatt

ckquatt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    I DIY extensively (and even sell quite a bit to friends and what not) I NEED to come up with a nice label for my bottles but have NO idea where to get started! Where do you get your blank labels from?

Here’s an example of one of my labels. It’s not bad but not as professional as I’d like.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Sega Genesis using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  8. Craybee

Jul 4, 2013
    Washington, DC
    i got mine from Amazon. just searched for Avery labels until i saw one that i fancied.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Craybee

Jul 4, 2013
    Washington, DC
    don't you at least need to date it so you know when it's good n ready?

10. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Blank labels could’ve had at any office supply store if you’re willing to use paper. A lot of labels are low density styrene now. It’s going to have different ink adhesion. They seem to come off easier than the paper ones though which is a bonus.

11. Electrodave

Electrodave Cool Vapor Cool Vaper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 14, 2015
    Denver, CO
    I can tell by the color

12. amoret

amoret Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 2, 2013
    Sharon, ND, USA
    I use a DYMO label printer that works from my computer (I have hand problems and can't use teeny tiny keyboards) so I can set up all the info I want and save the label to just change the date. To be honest, though, now I just pretty much color code*
    my normal recipes and just stick a piece of the right color on so I'm only really labeling new flavors or moving targets.

* That's a fairly old picture - I now use a combination of colored label tape and (a limited number) of colored drip caps.
    label maker.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.