When to change pod that has coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara1989

Dec 24, 2020
Hello everyone! New here, first post.

While I'm not new to vaping, I am new to pod systems. I've been looking at the smok Thallo S pod kit setup and everything I would need to get started.

My question is aside from changing flavors, when do you change pods since it has replaceable drop in coils? I see most places have the three pack of pods available and was wondering if I'm going to have to buy those as often as I'm going to have to buy coils? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you everyone, Merry Christmas! ☃️

Reactions: Superuser187

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Change the pod out when damaged, no longer holds the coil or the fill seal breaks.
Try to wash them out as often as you feel they need it (you don't have to change the coil for this, just remove the coil and replace it when the pod is dry).

Pods can last for ages with care, just like tanks. In fact, they are tanks, you've just been fooled into thinking they are different since you can only use most on specific systems.

I now mostly use Voopoo Drag systems, but enough add ons are around to use those pods on any legacy 510 system.

Last edited:

VapingCigars

Nov 3, 2020
Change the pod out when damaged, no longer holds the coil or the fill seal breaks.
Try to wash them out as often as you feel they need it (you don't have to change the coil for this, just remove the coil and replace it when the pod is dry).

Pods can last for ages with care, just like tanks. In fact, they are tanks, you've just been fooled into thinking they are different since you can only use most on specific systems.

I now mostly use Voopoo Drag systems, but enough add ons are around to use those pods on any legacy 510 system.
I'm fairly new (since middle of last month) as I bought my Voopoo Drag S the middle of last month. Before oral surgery the end of October I was a weekend cigar smoker. I've (temporarily) replaced that vice with vaping and use Black Note cigar e-liquid. I am curious how long these coils should last, given my weekend only usage, and then only during the cocktail hour(ers). :) My Drag S has a PnP0.2 ohm coil that the salesman from the vape shop put in, but the kit also came with a PnP0.3 ohm coil. Thanks also for the info about the pod itself.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Coil longevity is one of those mysteries best left for the gods....

I've always had it good with coils lasting weeks and I'm a heavy vaper, much like I was a heavy smoker.
However, I spread my use between 3 or more devices everyday so that nothing takes the brunt of "heaviest used". The wife will use one device most days and still her coils last at least two weeks and she vapes much less than I.

For the Drags and the Vinci's, I use the .3 ohms coils and while I started at 40 to 50 watts, I have reduced that down to about 35 watts, wife uses 24 watts on her devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread