Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli76

Mar 29, 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi

I'm using Samsung 21700 T40 batteries.
Trying to figure out..
Is it best to charge a battery when it's discharged or nearly discharged?

I like to keep things simple with a routine of charging once a day, but then the battery will be set to charge even when there's 15-30% power left.

Is that bad for the battery?

Steamhammer

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2020
Germany
As far as I know, it would be best for a li-ion battery if it would only be used in the 30-70 % range. But that's not practical.
But this means also, there is no problem putting the battery in the charger when there is still 30 % left. Actually, this is better than draining it completely.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Hi

I'm using Samsung 21700 T40 batteries.
Trying to figure out..
Is it best to charge a battery when it's discharged or nearly discharged?

I like to keep things simple with a routine of charging once a day, but then the battery will be set to charge even when there's 15-30% power left.

Is that bad for the battery?

Also if u want your batteries to last more u should use external charger and have a spare battery that way u can deal with keeping the percentage of charge in ideal level....for some reason (cause manufacturers are nabs) many mods tend to get very hot and also they have fast charge capabilities that make those batteries get hot inside the mod and that is bad for battery health...u can use a lower amps charger than the recommended in case u charge inside the mod...will take lot of time ofc....that applies to smartphones or any modern electronic device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread