The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

When/why ego buttons continually fire?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Zelphie, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zelphie

Zelphie Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    So I was just vaping on an ego spinner when the next time I pressed the button to take a hit, the button stayed on continually firing. I took off the atty, and tried to turn the battery off 5 clicks. It took a couple tries to get it to turn off. Then a few minutes later while wondering why some batteries do this after a while, I went to see if it was dead or what so I went to give it 5 clicks again to turn it back on, then nothing, once again, nothing, then one more time and it came on. It then fired seemingly normally for 3 presses.

What causes this to happen? Usually when I have any questions I simply don't bother with that particular battery anymore because I don't know enough about batteries to risk anything. But this has happened before so Id like to know if anyone knows what goes wrong???

Thanks!

2. Smann245

Smann245 Super Member

Aug 16, 2014
    USA
    Have you charged it? Mine does funny stuff when it's almost dead.

3. EBates

EBates Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2013
    Texas
    The fire button on a battery get used hundreds of times a day. They are cheap switches that have a limited life span, so they fail.

4. Zelphie

Apr 29, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    Yes it was charged

5. Zelphie

Apr 29, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    That's true, can happen even when it hasn't been used that much. Im curious whats taking place inside the battery. The button seemed to have gotten stuck but I wonder why the on/ off also didnt function properly.

6. eyerhere

eyerhere Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2013
    Warren Mi
    Time to get a new one, or upgrade. I had one do that if I had not caught it and removed the atty it would have gone till the atty burned out or gone thermal.

7. xxJollyRogerxx

xxJollyRogerxx Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2014
    Cayman Islands
    It could also be that "stuff" from your pocket and such has worked its way into the button and is jamming the switch.
    I found dog hair INSIDE a blackberry one time. No telling how some stuff gets where you find it.

8. Avid

Avid Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

A little eliquid that finds a way around/behind the firing button could make it stick. If the batteries are old and/or are becoming unreliable and possibly dangerous, it's time to replace them.

9. Grimwald

Grimwald Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    I have one that does that every now and then. If I clean it good with alcohol...in the 510 thread well area and around the button...it seems to work fine for awhile (several weeks)....then it does it again and I clean it again. I have no idea why it happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.