When/why ego buttons continually fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
So I was just vaping on an ego spinner when the next time I pressed the button to take a hit, the button stayed on continually firing. I took off the atty, and tried to turn the battery off 5 clicks. It took a couple tries to get it to turn off. Then a few minutes later while wondering why some batteries do this after a while, I went to see if it was dead or what so I went to give it 5 clicks again to turn it back on, then nothing, once again, nothing, then one more time and it came on. It then fired seemingly normally for 3 presses.

What causes this to happen? Usually when I have any questions I simply don't bother with that particular battery anymore because I don't know enough about batteries to risk anything. But this has happened before so Id like to know if anyone knows what goes wrong???

Thanks!

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
The fire button on a battery get used hundreds of times a day. They are cheap switches that have a limited life span, so they fail.

That's true, can happen even when it hasn't been used that much. Im curious whats taking place inside the battery. The button seemed to have gotten stuck but I wonder why the on/ off also didnt function properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread