Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Yeah, my first. I've just been vaping for a month and some change. VV should be interesting, and with this new ProVari version you can try a lot - like LR stuff at higher voltage, dual coils, etc. I'm really curious!

I'm a frugal person. I try to vape on a budget. The Provari looks sweet and I have heard nothing but nice about it, but there are other cheaper options if you find the Provari prohibitively expensive. I know that MadVapes sells VV box mods that you DIY and they are much cheaper. Sure they are uglier too because you are a holding a friggin' box but hey. You get what you pay for. If looks aren't an issue you can look into that. Another option is to make a 5v USB passthrough for a couple bucks. Here's a video: VapeTalk - How to Make a 5V Passthrough for $4 - YouTube

Looks easy enough but you'll need at least a soldering iron and to either salvage or buy a 510 connector (or whatever connector you are used to) I plan on getting one out of a dead carto. Yeah it's not VV but it's high voltage and could lead to some fun and cheap experimentation. Not to mention you may find putting it together a fun challenge for a rainy day.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Just ordered my Kgo kit with a couple different atomizers and caromizers and about 6 different flavored bottles of 70/30 5 mL ejuice!!! Even paid extra for priority shipping!!!! I can't wait!!!

Ordered from Dark City Vapor. Best prices I saw and the fact that he wasn't sellin "clones" made my decision pretty easy!!

Big thanks to ShogaNinja and elfstone. I took all the advice and got the kgo starter kit, 2 lr 306 atomizers, 2 drip tips, 5 single coil lr cartomizers, and 5 dual coil lr atomizers. With the 6 bottles of ejuice, I think I'm ready to rock!! Lol

And yes, it's "Revolver" in Toledo. Haven't made it up there myself because they always seem to be out of stock. Too bad, cuz kgo type kit still has 1 1100, but also has a 650 battery with a usb passthrough option. Way overpriced, tho, IMO.

You're very very welcome. Some people have criticized me talking as if I am a veteran but the fact is I did a LOT of research before I made the jump and I just wanted people to not make a mistake. I have heard many many horror stories of people getting bad setups and going back to analogs and I don't see that happening with the KGO. If you don't like how it hits all you have to do is get a different carto/atty setup. At least this way you aren't stuck with 2 crappy attys that'll blow up quick or 5 pre-filled junk cartridges that you'll never use outside of pure desperation. I am going to do a full write-up on my experiences in my blog. Let their be no doubt as I have hereby quit smoking on day 1.

Yeah you're right I did a search and there are many Vapor Lounge franchised stores in toledo that sell their stuff. It seemed like Revolver was a dedicated shop though and the other places were carryout convenience stores/gas stations. Yeah I'll skip the road trip and keep my orders on the internet. I'm going to be making my own e-juice by week's end anyway and all I have to do is make sure I order more before it runs out (3+ months from now lol). It should more than plenty of a head start into the world of vaping.

Anyway, I got my KGO (both batteries) fully charged which was win and although my 306 LR atomizer was DOA, Bill said he'd ship one tomorrow and he doesn't even want me to send back the broken one. You are going to love the service that Dark City Vapors gives you. The kit doesn't come with any instructions as far as I know and I ended up having a few questions about it and Bill was right there on the site to answer all of them. Try that at Hoosier! I am not experienced enough to do a review of the juice and I woke up with a super cold today which doesn't help but I can tell you this. I haven't smoked an analog at all today. I can at least tell you that the juice doesn't taste like feet and it's working! :) lol. I ordered on Friday night, Bill shipped it by 2pm on Saturday and it was in my mailbox on Monday. So 2-3 days? I'm not sure if USPS does any work at all on Sunday. If they don't then it took me two days from NC to Ohio. I got 24 mg juice and I was a 3/4 PAD smoker of Marlboro Black 100s. At first the strength of the juice blew my mind but I found that the 18mg I ordered required constant hitting and I wanted it to be more of a hit it and quit it experience. It's caused me to cough a little bit from the vapor but there is the issue of having a cold.

One other bit of advice I can give you is that when you get your cartos make sure to add your juice from the top and shake it like a thermometer. Keep adding juice until it's got a layer of juice on top and shaking it down. If you overdo it the thing will gurgle a little but that just means you did a good job. It takes a few hours to really break them in and get them going but they should peak by the end of the day. Don't get discouraged. I got 60/40 pg/vg and it is a little thick for cartos after all but it's not bad. The vapor for me has been a little on the inconsistent side as I discover what the proper procedure is but it's working and I haven't smoked today yet. So far so good. It couldn't have come at a better time either because this is a wicked cold and I dread the idea of smoking an analog like this. I think it's a boon that I got sick.
It will make the transition easier. Just make sure you keep them cartos underwater with juice. Pop the white plug off the end and take the little clear ring out and then use the drip tip that came with your kit. Keep the rings for later if you need to store the cartos. Also another quick tip is to use a system of whiteout dots or initials if you have a whiteout pen to track of your flavors. Make the marks toward the battery connection where the cone covers it and no one can see it.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Thanks! Still kind of far for me, tho.

to find out where the vapor lounge sells products just check their site. Like I said in a different post they sell their stuff at convenience stores and gas stations as well. I can also tell that they are pretty pricey. I'd recommend keeping it on the web.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Vapor Bomb in Barberton sells juice, that all they sell, and it's top quality. They do let you pick your order up in person if you want, that's what I always do. VaporBomb.com

Altsmoke down in New Philadelphia sells mostly hardware, but they carry some juice too. They'll let you try anything they've got from what I've seen when I've been in there. They carry 510's, eGo's, 808's, and some top quality mods, as well as all the stuff that goes with them. AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Your one stop shop!

If you're wanting to look at a bunch of stuff and try before you buy, take a drive down to Altsmoke, they'll answer all your questions and guide you in the right direction if necessary. If you want some good juice too, place an order with Vapor Bomb and stop there on the way down to Altsmoke. Both vendors have their street addresses listed on their website. Whenever I've gone to Altsmoke I've met other vapers and it's worth the drive just to talk with other like minded people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread