• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where are you stationed right... NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Well, not involved with the military anymore - but from oldest to newest here you go:

USMC
2001-2002 California - Pendleton
2002-2003 Missouri - Ft Leonardwood
2003-2004 Japan - Okinawa
2004-2007 California - 29 Palms

USMC-AR
2007-2010 Missouri

Army
2010 Kentucky - Ft Knox
2010-2013 Colorado - Ft Carson

12 years of my life spent - 12 years gone. I got 2 words for why I left to begin with - Military Drawdown. I had too many years on my belt - not enough rank on my shoulders to keep me in. 5 deployments later, and various injuries and it was time to go anyways. Now I work for the state and will probably do so until I'm finished with college. At which point I don't know where I'll go or what I'll be doing. All I know is I'm going to school to be a computer hardware engineer.

Kevin33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Stationed in Germany for 3 1/2, deployed to Turkey, 4th non-combat deployment from Germany.

Make no mistake, if you have the opportunity to go to Germany, do it. The general consensus is that the units are generally "ate up" compared to Garrison, disorganized and what not, but what an experience it is, living in Germany.

3 1/2 years though, can't wait to get stateside. Trying to get Lewis again.

Kevin33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
Kaiserslautern, Germany
"Fort Lost in the Woods of Misery" (Ft Leonard Wood, MO for those that don't know what that means). Been here for 2 yrs. I, too, left Germany before I was assigned here. If I wasn't given a special assignment (Instructor), I would have stayed and retired in Germany. I just hit 19 yrs! Not long now...

Germany is amazing. I think it's my favorite accomplishment in life, being stationed there and traveling around Europe. Have fun at Lost in the Woods, I went to basic there in the summer of 05, so I didn't really get to experience the finer amenities offered off-base. :) :) :) It seemed it was a bit nicer than even Ft. Polk. Good luck with the retirement, what do you got planned for after you get out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread