• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where Do I Find Whistle-Tip Cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
I've heard that you can use 901 whistle tips on the KR808, but I haven't tried it. What I have used is the 801 whistle tip. You simply remove the white outer plug and stretch the 801 tip over the cart. After about an hour of using it I gave up though. My vapor production went waaay down.

Karl the heretiK

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I used a VX2 before finding the KR808D-1 and I use the whitsle tips from that. They fit perfectly and needs no adjusting. You can leave the o-ring in if you want or not, it's up to you, doesn't affect it at all.

And this VX2 can be found where? Is that a vaping device, or a type of cartridge or cartomizer?

I did order some fine, 901 whistle-tips from VK... and some more juice... cuz you can never have enough juice! I've been assured they'll work fine, as well, but... I like the fact you can leave the o-ring in on this VX2 you're referring too... I do believe I have to take it out for the ones I ordered...

Thanks...

dogwood

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2009
Rome, GA
I got the VX2 from LiteCig. It's a J118, 3 piece unit, tip separate from the cart.

And this VX2 can be found where? Is that a vaping device, or a type of cartridge or cartomizer?

I did order some fine, 901 whistle-tips from VK... and some more juice... cuz you can never have enough juice! I've been assured they'll work fine, as well, but... I like the fact you can leave the o-ring in on this VX2 you're referring too... I do believe I have to take it out for the ones I ordered...

Thanks...

Tanner S Hyde

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2009
TN
www.youtube.com
I'll venture a guess... The insert is going too far down into the carto, and the part that normally holds the stuffing is takin up alot of space. That combo makes the air passage like a straw to the carto's filler. Grab a sharp knife and trim the insert part as short as it can go and still sit in the carto firmly... I've only got one tip left for my 901 and 510's are too loose or I'd try it:)

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
This will also work with a carto, I've tried it:

ATOMIZER MOD

If you have problems with carts that don't fit your 901 very snugly (they are probably 510 carts), just get something like these Kobalt 8" long-nosed pliers from Lowe's:

4309283534_64c85f2248_o.jpg

Put the very end, just a mm or so, of the cart end of your 901 atomizer into that circular void by the cutting blades. Squeeze very gently until you see the tiniest bit of flex in the metal. You're not trying to make a visible change to the atomizer, here, just flex the metal a bit.

Now give the atty a 1/4 turn or so, and do it again.

Test.

After doing this, my carts fit almost too tightly, but that's perfect for dripping. There should be no visible sign that you have done anything to the atty.

rbonie

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Jackson,Ms (da DEEP Sout!)
I started using the 901 tips in my cartos about a week ago. I removed the cover at the end, of course, and now leave out the little silicone disk as well and it works like a charm. I was getting juice in my mouth occasionally when the silicone disk was left in.
Your gonna think this is wierd but...
I use a small section of 3/8 " plastic hose as a "mouthpiece" . Cartos are HOT at 5 volts!! 3/8 od X 5/16 id You can get it at any hardware store;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread