The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Where Do I Find Whistle-Tip Cartomizers?

Discussion in 'KR808/GC cartomizer Mod Spec.' started by Karl the heretiK, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Karl the heretiK

Karl the heretiK Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Pretty self-explanatory, no?

Anyone?

:confused:

2. rave

rave * Resident Wood Nymph * Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    I've heard that you can use 901 whistle tips on the KR808, but I haven't tried it. What I have used is the 801 whistle tip. You simply remove the white outer plug and stretch the 801 tip over the cart. After about an hour of using it I gave up though. My vapor production went waaay down.

3. dogwood

dogwood Full Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2009
    Rome, GA
    I used a VX2 before finding the KR808D-1 and I use the whitsle tips from that. They fit perfectly and needs no adjusting. You can leave the o-ring in if you want or not, it's up to you, doesn't affect it at all.

4. Karl the heretiK

Nov 15, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    And this VX2 can be found where? Is that a vaping device, or a type of cartridge or cartomizer?

I did order some fine, 901 whistle-tips from VK... and some more juice... cuz you can never have enough juice! I've been assured they'll work fine, as well, but... I like the fact you can leave the o-ring in on this VX2 you're referring too... I do believe I have to take it out for the ones I ordered...

Thanks...

5. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    I use a 801 cart tip and they fit over end of 808 cart just fine.

6. dogwood

dogwood Full Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2009
    Rome, GA
    I got the VX2 from LiteCig. It's a J118, 3 piece unit, tip separate from the cart.

7. Karl the heretiK

Nov 15, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Damn! I just tried the 901 whistle-tip on my 808 cart and... blech! Seems as thought the tip creates an extra amount of suction that sucks the juice out of the cart... gotta go easy on the draw with this setup...

Anyone else have this issue?

8. Tanner S Hyde

Tanner S Hyde Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 25, 2009
    TN
    I'll venture a guess... The insert is going too far down into the carto, and the part that normally holds the stuffing is takin up alot of space. That combo makes the air passage like a straw to the carto's filler. Grab a sharp knife and trim the insert part as short as it can go and still sit in the carto firmly... I've only got one tip left for my 901 and 510's are too loose or I'd try it:)

9. Giz's Mom

Giz's Mom Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2009
    Pennyslvania
    Take an exacto knife and cut a little off the bottom of the 901 or 510 cart and they work perfectly. I also like the 801 that fits over. The soft one is what I have and I love it. I actually found the 510 worked better than the 901.

10. Tanner S Hyde

Dec 25, 2009
    TN
    I muust have weird cartos.. the 510 AND 901 are too small to stay put:(

11. Tanner S Hyde

Dec 25, 2009
    TN
    can someone tell me what cartos I have, they are to big (ID) to fit 510 OR 901 carts....

12. quasimod

quasimod Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Joplin, MO - USA
    This will also work with a carto, I've tried it:

ATOMIZER MOD

If you have problems with carts that don't fit your 901 very snugly (they are probably 510 carts), just get something like these Kobalt 8" long-nosed pliers from Lowe's:

[​IMG]

Put the very end, just a mm or so, of the cart end of your 901 atomizer into that circular void by the cutting blades. Squeeze very gently until you see the tiniest bit of flex in the metal. You're not trying to make a visible change to the atomizer, here, just flex the metal a bit.

Now give the atty a 1/4 turn or so, and do it again.

Test.

After doing this, my carts fit almost too tightly, but that's perfect for dripping. There should be no visible sign that you have done anything to the atty.

13. j0ker

j0ker Classifieds Manager Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    MS Gulf Coast
    I started using the 901 tips in my cartos about a week ago. I removed the cover at the end, of course, and now leave out the little silicone disk as well and it works like a charm. I was getting juice in my mouth occasionally when the silicone disk was left in.

14. rbonie

rbonie Super Member ECF Veteran

Your gonna think this is wierd but...
    I use a small section of 3/8 " plastic hose as a "mouthpiece" . Cartos are HOT at 5 volts!! 3/8 od X 5/16 id You can get it at any hardware store;)

15. flashburn

flashburn Full Member

Feb 8, 2010
    boise, id
    901 carts work great for me, i just cut them off flush with the notched cutout where the vapor goes through the mouthpiece. fits tight and this way i can keep the o ring.

16. jaded

jaded Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    Lynchburg, VA
    Will the new 901 carts with the double vents like the 510 work? I haven't got my 808 yet but flat tips are a must for me. I might order some 801 soft tips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.