• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where do you get glass dropper bottles ? Is there a physical store in Toronto ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Hello all,

Skimming through the the jugheads thread, I noticed Eileithia mentioned that liquid sellers should offer a glass bottle option, which I've always thought. Though I don't know the scientific explanation I for one can taste plastic in water from bottles and I remember skimming something saying, once liquid is exposed to air and the longer it is, the more plastic chemicals seep (degrade ?) into the water and less healthy is it, which is why you shouldn't re-use plastic bottles. This also the reason high end liquids - oils, water, soaps, etc are in glass .. but I digress. This is probably totally harmless, but none the less I'd rather not have my liquid sitting around for possibly months or even years in plastic bottle. Plus dropper bottles look nicer and the dropper is much easier to fill cartomizers and tanks. :p .. And apparently the amber/blue bottles protect the contents from light, which is sort of a plus for elqiuid. These can also be washed and re-used easily, though cleaning the dropper is a pain.

DROPPER_BOSTON_ROUND_GLASS_BOTTLES.jpg

Anyway these things are CHEAP, but it's the sort of thing I'd rather buy 10 of and look at in person and spend $10-20, instead of buying a ton online and paying for shipping. I know a lot of DIY liquid places sell these things, but most have a limit selection. Does anyone know of a physical store around Toronto ? I'm going to check out ( Efston Science ) but I remember that place being more kiddy science kits than having a great selection of stuff.

Sorry for the long post for a simple question, but do you put your liquid in different bottles and what ones, where do you get them from ?

Has anyone used or had problems with the keychain bottles GRBC and happyvaper sells ?
3ml Keychain Bottles

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
@ chagrin,

I feel your pain on the plastic bottles and haven't used them in a long time to store my juice in, here is a good thread a little about plastic bottle and glass ones, =

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...scussion/296537-plastic-bottles-e-liquid.html

The Ketones in most flavorings are going to make the plastic bottles leach.

Specialtybttle.com is a decent place to get the glass bottles from also

And if you are going to use a plastic bottle the Nalgene manufacture is who's plastic bottles I would suggest for say a bottom feeder Mod where there a necessity.

Eileithia

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
Cambridge, ON, CANADA
I've actually been looking for a local supplier and haven't found anything. Unfortunately living outside of Toronto our options are a little more limited. Closest I found were glass baby bottles at walmart LOL.

Found these guys online:
http://www.oshun.ca/Merchant2/merch...de=OSI&Product_Code=P192A&Category_Code=GBCDB

Canadian company.. Not a horrible price for 12 x 30ml bottles. Need to buy caps/droppers separately of course.

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
Well, Efston is right off Hwy 401. It could be a bit of a pain to get to if you are using transit but all you have to do is go through the Yorkdale Mall and exit the west exit. Efston is right accross the street. Look for the big telescope on the roof.
I go there every couple of months or so to look at telescopes.
Everytime I go through the labware area, I get the urge to put on a lab coat and hum the theme from Bill Nye, The Science Guy's show.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Thanks everyone !

fourtytwo - I've been to Efston a ton of times, but not for years. I just seemed to remember the selection/size meant they had a pretty limited glassware section, but I'll definitely head up there. Ages ago I was in HUGE store in suburbia, Mississauga I think, that had everything you could ever think of .. but I have no idea what or where it is now.

Hitmetwice - I was actually worried about leaking with those, while the design is neat, having a ring tugging on the lid seems like it may 'cause leaks.

mwa102464 - That thread isn't "little". :p I haven't gotten through it all yet, but I will. I'll probably order from that site, when I figure out what works best and want to buy more.

Oriana871 - I didn't know that about jugheads and flavourcrafters, it seems like mlv's and canadaejuice bottles are particularly soft, but that might be in my head. I didn't think of Noah's either.

I'm actually thinking 5-10 ml bottles, the skinnier the better for carrying and probably a combination of clear, blue and amber bottles. I'll definitely dump the juice I don't like in amber bottles for long term storage. Now if sellers only offered the option of an extra sticker, if not a glass bottle option. :p I'll have to get some labels too.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
You can get dropper caps for glass bottles that aren't the ones with the rubber nipple. Its a plastic insert that goes in the mouth. All of the crystal eliquids come with them. They take a little getting used to, but actually work quite well

Is there an easy way to explain how those things are supposed to work?
I got frustrated with 'em early and pulled 'em all out and just use the droppers.
I found them slow and messy. I'm obviously missing something if you say they work okay.

Cheeers! Thanx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread