• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

where to buy propylene glycol in Winnipeg???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat67

Oct 5, 2011
manitoba
I'm in the process of collecting supplies to make my own e-juice.

I don't know where to buy propylene glycol in Winnipeg. Does anyone know, would be so much appreciated for any ideas?
If you don't know of place in Winnipeg, do you know where I could get it from online for cheap in Canada. I looked at some websites and it was way over priced!
(I've asked Shopper's Drug Mart, Safeway, Superstore, they all said no).

:confused:

cat67

Oct 5, 2011
manitoba
Well, I went to the Safeway pharmacy closest to where I live, and no luck.
It wasn't on the shelves any where and the pharmasist, when I asked her, said they haven't sold it to anyone in years.
Told her I needed it for my "grandma" who wants to make soap.

She wouldn't order it for me either. Shopper's Drug Mart, same thing, won't order it for me. I don't look "shaddy" or anything like that. I'm a 43 yrs. old woman, clean, etc... What gives?
I just want to get one large bottle (500ml).

The VG was so easy to get, can anyone in Winnipeg pleasssssse help me figure out where I can actually buy PG in Winnipeg, and for the cheapest price? I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Last edited:

drac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm a miserable looking guy, never smile, and if I owned a store and saw myself walk in I would follow me around. I spend a small fortune on medication at Safeway every month so that might help. Only thing I can think of is getting a few people together and ordering on line. That way sharing the shipping cost.
Drac

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
I've been going through pharmacists as well out here in the burbs of Vancouver...it's hit and miss, better luck with the smaller chains as opposed to the london drugs, shoppers, safeways, etc...until this happened...I was talking with one of my plumbing contractors the other day about my e-cig, DIY'n juice and having a hard time getting USP PG...he called me back the next day and wanted to know if a 4L jug for $35 was a good price?, what! serious? where are you getting a 4L jug of USP PG from???...plumbing supply wholesaler, it's an off the self item, they sell it to winterize drinking water wells so it has to be USP, they also use it to winterize irrigation systems...DOH!, who knew?...at $2/30ml, I'm going into the USP PG business, lol

Lilian

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
Home of Sidney Crosby:)
You should try your Costco pharmacy...I asked if I was able to get it (here in Nova Scotia) and was told that they would be able to order it in for me if I wanted. I didn't have to offer an explanation either.

Another local vaper got hers though Costco as well.

+1!
I bought mine at Costco. No questions, no weird looks... Just "how many would you like to order?":))

cat67

Oct 5, 2011
manitoba
Well, no luck for me getting PG in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I went to different Costcos, Safeways, London Drugs, Superstores, will not sell it and all of them ask you what you are using it for. I went to some independant drug stores too, no luck!

I guess they've made it so you can't buy here in Winnipeg....

I'm happy for all of you that can get it in your areas, bunch of show offs !!!(Just joking)

To bad no one has any ideas where they actually bought it from in Winnipeg.

I don't know what to do now, I don't know any plumbers to ask to buy it from.

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
For those who buy the PG at pharmacies, I assume you buy the nicotine elsewhere?

Sharon, nicotine base still must be purchased from ecig vendors, and I would assume you'd buy it at a much higher level than you would vape so that you could cut it with flavorant and then either pg or vg.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Ordered a large quantity of PG when I ordered my Flavourless Nic Juice from the States. The Nic Juice was so cheap that I didn't have a problem paying $8.00 for 250 ml. Also my juice is 100% PG knowing VG is easier to purchase. I also went to a zillion and one pharmas and no deal. Enough stuff to last 2 yrs and I plan to give some away. Will work out to about $2.00 per 30 ml including bottles, etc
Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread