Where to get e-cigs in London and other questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Templar

Jan 29, 2010
London, UK
Hello!

Can anyone here tell me if there are stores in London where one could get an e-cigarette (preferrably Gamucci, as I've understood that it's fairly good)? I know a lot of places where they sell them online, but perhaps there are some IRL stores here as well? I just want to see and touch it before making my final decision, and I can't do that online.

Another thing - does anyone know how final and definite the switch to e-cigarettes usually is? I mean, how many people usually switch back to regular cigarettes because they simply, for one reason or another, don't like the e-cigs and cannot live without the real thing? And, what would such reasons be, if, as they say, e-smoking should give you the same feeling as the real thing?

I've been thinking about buying an e-cig for years now, but so far haven't reached there. So, perhaps now I will. But I need to know that my investment wouldn't end up collecting dust on a shelf in a couple of days :)

Thanks!

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Think Selfridges had Smokestik, courtesy of Lady Victoria Hervey, Simon. But perhaps you'll get a clearer reply from those who live in the smoke.
I'd say 99.9% of us buy online. It's an informed gamble. Gamucci ain't popular.

have a browse in the new ECF Library

The ECF Library - E-Cigarette Forum

those 2 threads will tell you a lot about choices.

A common evolution is to go from away from a cigarette lookalike to a battery mod - less fiddling with recharging.

But dive in there and plump for summat. Time's a wasting and you soon become experienced.
The more reliable your e-cig is, the less likely you are to lose patience with it. Quite a few people switch away from real ciggies almost without intending to - the range of flavours and strengths is immense compared to the stinkies. And the improvements in taste and breathing mean you may well find the ciggies disgusting.
I myself gave up without intending to the same day I began to vape. Ditched a 48 yr long heavy smoking habit without any intention of doing so - I am not a giver up.
But, hey, everyone is different. Some are happy to vape nic, some go no-nic, some find a few pinches of snuff or a portion of snus smokeless tobacco give the vaping any extra thing they might be missing. Lots of us never want to light a ciggie again though - just because it is so yucky tasting.

Happy vaping,

:)

C

PS as for investment - the amount you spent on ciggies was prolly a lot of money gone up in smoke - I couldn't go on affording my 40 a day habit.

Last edited:

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
As for London, somebody else has to help you out there.

As for smoking, well: About 80% of people seem to be content with vaping only. There's a few polls that show that. Meaning about 20% are not. They need something in tobacco that is in there but not in juice. MAOIs are the top candidate for that. These people either never quite stop smoking, or start again – or supplement with another, usually smokeless tobacco product. The later option of course being significantly healthier than the first.

Other reasons I heard about were: Constantly failing hardware, which by now should be a thing of the past. And all in all too much hassle. I don't find that vaping is any more hassle than smoking was, but a lot less, actually. But then I stuffed my own analogs, so that may colour that perception somewhat. Even if it were more hassle, it is even cheaper, and of course considerably more healthy. And it tastes better. Then again, the constant hassle may be a thing that was a lot worse with older hardware. From everything I heard about pipes, for example, I sure am not interested in trying one; no matter how good the taste.

Simon Templar

Jan 29, 2010
London, UK
Thanks a lot for the information!

I have been googling and searching for information for about a week. And I think I've made clear for myself that the Titan 510 is the best choice available today.

But now I have developed a bunch of new questions :)

First, does anyone know if they sell this Titan 510 somewhere in a regular store in London (i.e. other than online)? So that I could see it before I buy it.

Second, what to make of this: w w w .smoke-electronic-cigarettes. co. uk /Electronic_Cigar ette_Starter_Kits /Electric_Cigar ette_Kit_TITAN_510 (delete the spaces, apparently I'm not worthy of posting urls)

They say that the kit includes "10 x Atomised Cartridges" - does that mean that these cartridges are not refillable and when they run out, all you have to do is throw them away? Or can I still refill them with Totally Wicked or any other liquid?

And how long does one cartridge last? And, if I get a bottle of some liquid, how long does 5ml or 30ml of that liquid last? I.e., how many regular cigarettes, usually?

Perhaps more later :)

Thank you very much, guys, that you bother to help, much appreciated!

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Sounds like your perfectly ordinary carts to me, refillable. There is not really any way to make them not refillable, anyway, not without design changes ;)

Do compare prices, though, something about this site rubs me the wrong way, although I can't say what. Probably just me, not the site.

You will be able to post links (and open threads elsewhere) when you have reached 15 postings. An unfortunately necessary precaution against spammers.

There is not really any way to compare liquid to analogs. The best you can say is something like "I smoked X analogs a day, and now I vape X ml of liquid a day." And even that varies with liquid strenght, personal taste, whatever. Most people give the amount of liquid a day they vape as 2-3 ml, and those first few days, where you have to learn to refill and all that, I'd think it's more like 3 ml anyway. So don't get much less than 20ml in your first order, or you may run out too fast.
Me, I constantly vape, and I change battery (normal 510s) whenever I top off the liquid, or the other way around, which happens to be every hour or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread