Got my first E-Cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinseru

Dec 12, 2011
North Carolina
Hey everyone, I'm new here (obviously). I am a former law enforcement student and am planning on re-attending the academy sometime early next year. Only problem is smoking has severly reduced my lung capacity. So today I made the switch and purchased a "Quik E-Cig". I have to say I'm impressed, I thought this was all hype but honestly it's not so bad. The real test came this evening when I was drinking (tsk tsk I know) and I was able to substitute a real cigarette for the E-Cig. I'm looking for any advice anyone has on here. Perhaps cheap places to purchase refills for my E-Cig? It says it can use "Blu" cartridges so that shouldn't be too hard to find in local stores if worst comes to worst.

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
if a Blu will fit it is a 510 thead fitting. Lots of cartos will fit it . 15 carto packages from CCV, about $1.40+ a peice when you buy 15 of them at one time. Best bet with these guys is that you can fill them with your juice.

When I first switched over I was like "I want a tobacco flavor, all those prissy flavors are for women". That lasted about 15 minutes till I was tempted to try some flavors a friend sent me. Oh man, fire & ice is a bit like that cinnamon mint guy they had out a while back. I know this might sound bad but a DIY pumpkin chai latte, I went through that bottle like a crack addict goes through his bank account :p.

And agree with you. Drinking is the real test for whether you will go back to analogs or not. Morning coffee and stress are also good check point for seeing if you go back to analogs. Thing is, if you do fall off the wagon and pick up a pack of analog don't sweat it. After you do it a few times the taste of the analogs will be so bad you'll be picking up your PV about 2 drags into the analog.

Sorry forgot to say hi and welcome aboard.

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
No it may not be so easy if it actually uses cartridges since Blu doesn't make the cartridge model any more.

A cartridge is plastic part of a 3-piece setup: battery + metal atomizer + cartridge

A cartomizer is a metal filter-size piece that holds liquid AND screws right on the battery

Which do you have?

Blu sells cartomizers since their current model is a cartomizer model

However they do dumb-it-down and call them cartridges. Here we call them what they are - cartomizers.
Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette | blu Cigs

You can also use blank Boge 3 ohm cartomizers but if you are using auto batteries and filling cartomizers then I recommend you get a spare battery from wherever you got the ecig because if a carto leaks it will leak right where you can damage or kill an auto battery.

Note - do not assume you can charge Blu and 510 batteries in your charger nor your batteries in either of their chargers just because they are the same threading. In fact Blu and 510 will fry each other with their chargers (reverse electrical polarity from each other)

Last edited:

Jinseru

Dec 12, 2011
North Carolina
My brand is actually Quik E-Cig and it comes with its own charger that is USB. It uses a "Cartomizer" as it is filter sized and screws onto the "Body" of the cigarette. I have been trying to find the website for this brand of E-Cig but I believe they are out of business or do not have a site as the website printed on the packaging for the e-cig is invalid. www.QuikEcig.com I would like to refill my cartridge but they did not carry replacement batteries for this particular E-Cig as I purchased it from my local gas station "Sheetz" and they only offered the cig starter kit that I purchased. It was only $14.99 for the E-Cig, 1 Cartridge and USB Charger. If push comes to shove I suppose I could purchase another brand or a new one all together of the same brand.

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
My brand is actually Quik E-Cig and it comes with its own charger that is USB. It uses a "Cartomizer" as it is filter sized and screws onto the "Body" of the cigarette. I have been trying to find the website for this brand of E-Cig but I believe they are out of business or do not have a site as the website printed on the packaging for the e-cig is invalid. www.QuikEcig.com I would like to refill my cartridge but they did not carry replacement batteries for this particular E-Cig as I purchased it from my local gas station "Sheetz" and they only offered the cig starter kit that I purchased. It was only $14.99 for the E-Cig, 1 Cartridge and USB Charger. If push comes to shove I suppose I could purchase another brand or a new one all together of the same brand.

For the price & what the kit contained it sounds like a Mistic that I started out with. I'll tel ya what man, for a gas station cig it had the little battery that could on it. I have 3 of the batteries I am giving to a friend of mine.

The cartos can be re-filled. You have to get something like a paper clip (I used a little tool on a multi-tool I have for fishing) to pop off the plastic end (the mouth piece end). Take out a little rubber o-ring on the inside and boiled them a few times. Let them sit over night to dry and refilled them.

If you're going to go for a new kit go for one of the eGo-t units ($40-$60 price range). They are a bit bigger than a cigarette but have a battery life that is killer, plus the 510 threads.

Pbusardo has a video about cleaning the cartos. Once you pop the rings on the cartos it is the same for any. You might get 1 cleaning out of them before they crap out you might get 5. So it is sort of a crap shoot.

Jinseru

Dec 12, 2011
North Carolina
I'm interested in the different type of E-Cigs you guys are using, but to be completely honest. I'm extremely addicted to the motions and I'm sure that if it was much different from the shape and size of a regular cigarette it wouldn't fit. Are there any out there that are the same size as a regular cigarette that have a good battery lifespan? I looked at the Joyce E-Cig but it is saying it is a 1/2 inch in diameter which is far larger than a regular cigarette size. The E-Cig I have right now is the exact same size as a regular cig and feels good enough for me to make myself believe I'm smoking an analog cig. That's what I need for the transition to a vapo cig. Sorry for being so complicated guys but I know that if it doesn't feel right, I'm not gonna be able to do this and I need it. lol.

boz

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
I'm interested in the different type of E-Cigs you guys are using, but to be completely honest. I'm extremely addicted to the motions and I'm sure that if it was much different from the shape and size of a regular cigarette it wouldn't fit. Are there any out there that are the same size as a regular cigarette that have a good battery lifespan? I looked at the Joyce E-Cig but it is saying it is a 1/2 inch in diameter which is far larger than a regular cigarette size. The E-Cig I have right now is the exact same size as a regular cig and feels good enough for me to make myself believe I'm smoking an analog cig. That's what I need for the transition to a vapo cig. Sorry for being so complicated guys but I know that if it doesn't feel right, I'm not gonna be able to do this and I need it. lol.
Oh man, in a year from now you'll look back on this post and wonder why the hell you thought you needed a cig size ecig. Check here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...w-what-all-do-i-need-510-a-3.html#post4765064

Jinseru

Dec 12, 2011
North Carolina
Okay so I got a Mystic Mountain kit from a local smoke shop. What a crap quality I have to say I understand what you guys mean about people being turned off of E-Cigs because of their first experience. If that were my first E-Cig I wouldn't have given it a second thought. I have to say though, besides the half day battery life under heavy usage, the Quik E-Cig is a great cig. It gives thick smoke and I can refill the cartridge that it comes with which is supposed to be a 1 time use cartridge. I purchased some E-Juice and have already refilled the cartridge once. However, my curiosity caused me to dismantle the cartridge and destroy it so I had to go buy another starter kit at $14.99 I don't regret it one bit. It gives a HUGE amount of smoke and it lasts about half a day and I use it HEAVILY. Now I have 2 batteries and I will be purchasing more "starter kits" in the future for more cartridges and more batteries. If you haven't picked one up yet, get one just to review it. I tried all different kinds in the smoke shop and this one takes the cake. I'm sure there are better ones out there but this one is definitely a winner for the price bracket and use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread