Not open for further replies.

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi,
Nice site! You show how to make a 510 connector. Where do you find all of those special parts? Also, the connectors that you sell, are they already assembled, or do you carry them un-assembled? The connectors that you carry, do they already have threads on them? Do you give any discounts to ECF member?
Maybe one day I'll call you to pick your mind.
Thank you

[/FONT]

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Hoog, on the Nicostick, I have one question and I do want to pick your mind. Since the 510 battery is already assembled.......the red wire goes thru the bottom center....could you explain that...where does the red wire go when it goes up and how do you solder it?

The red wire would end up going to one side of your switch.. The other side of the switch would go to the center of the battery connector which I usually solder the connector wires prior to putting them in the box since there is less chance of melting the plastic.. Hope that helps..

Hoog

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
what are you soldering the connector wires to in the battery connection....all I see in the how to picture is the red wire going up into the battery connection??

Hi Sandy, there's a center terminal in the connector for the positive wire(red) and then the black wire (ground) is just soldered to the inside of the outer connector part.. The ground is soldered on the inside so that when you put it into a predilled hole, the solder/wire won't interfere..

Hoog

Faceless

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Texas
You should try selling them pre-wired for that atty connection. A lot of people might be interested who know nothing about mods. I am still confused.

Maybe this will help. I made one and was my first time soldering, very easy!

DSCN3897.jpg

DSCN3897.jpg

DSCN3899.jpg

DSCN3898.jpg

Faceless

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Texas
Thank you Ego very much....now I think I understand....you just strip the red wire and then insert it in the bottom of the connector and solder around the outside of the connector to keep it in there. Am I correct???? And the black wire gets soldered to the side of the battery connector?

You can do it that way. I just layed mine on the outside across the hole and sodered it. Doesnt matter as long as the wire is touching the center peice. You are correct with the black wire. I will take a pic of what I did. I have extra connectors. BRB with that pic!

PS - Instead of trying to strip the wire, you can just catch it on fire with a lighter and pull off the melted part, its ezier IMO.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
hoogie, a suggestion to you to maybe try and get some KR 808 battery connectors.....that would be awesome.

Also does the 510 connector come completely assembled? The picture shows I have to put it all together with that silicone thingie....

We've got 808-D connectors coming in.. When is always a mystery.. We've got stuff that shipped before xmas that isn't here yet and stuff that shipped 1/4/10 that just showed up.. Go figure..

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
Ego, you're pretty great......thank you, thank you....I wanna build Warp's box with a 14850 battery (I think that is what it is).....my husband is not a stupid man...lol....he just doesn't understand how e-cigs work. Believe it or not he has a master's degree in engineering. So if I could explain it to him, he can do it. He has the meter, strippers, everything he needs so now I can show him the pix. Once he does one and understands it, he will be happy, because I have been nagging him for a month or so. I am glad I waited.......hoogie is going to get the KR808 connectors in.

Again, thank you so much for making it clear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread