Which brand mod is the best for begginer? I need the best quality mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
I think a lot of people here are in to the variable wattage devices.

something name brand.... that goes up to 150-200 watts. Not that youll ever go that far, but its nice to have....

some juice tastes better hotter. Juice hits stronger at 70 than at 40

Additionally you can head here for Advenced Personal Vape(APV) Device discussion

APV and Mods Discussion

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
It depends a little on what you're looking for.

I agree in 2017, best bet is to get a higher powered regulated device which you can use at any wattage you are comfortable using.

But there are plenty of differences: do you want longer battery life, smaller size, cigarette form factor, do you not care? Devices that take 2 or more batteries will last you most of the day on a single charge, for example, but you may find the size uncomfortable.

What is most important to you in a new device?

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Not the best overall but, very good for a first mod IMO. The Kanger NEBOX. It's variable wattage, up to 50 watts, it can use a RBA or premade coils. It has a temperature control mode as well as wattage only adjustment, with temp control off mode.

Pros: easy to set up and use.
inexpensive at around 20 USD
10 ml tank
starter kit comes with a deck, wrapped coils and, replaceable coils, easy instructions for wicking and, using the NEBOX

Cons: non removable tank - difficult to clean since the unit is not water resistant so, cannot get water into the electronics and battery side of the unit.
plastic tank
often leaks if juice level is below the top of the coil (but it's easy to see that and, refill it.)
Because of the 10 ml internal tank, it's a bit large for a single battery unit.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Please tell me the infos, please don't send ads to me. I need the real experience share.

It kinda depends of what you want.

Do you want something that looks like a Cigarette?
Maybe something Bigger than a Cigarette to get more Battery Life?
Is Size more Important than Battery Life?
Do you want a Mod that uses Replaceable Batteries? Or one with a Built in Battery?
How much do you want to Spend?
etc.

---

I have both the eLeaf iStick 40W TC and the eLeaf Pico. I think they are both Very Nice Mods for Beginner (or a current Vaper).

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
some juice tastes better hotter. Juice hits stronger at 70 than at 40

This depends _enormously_ on the rest of your setup, and I tend to think that for a lot of first-time vapers a good simple box-mod like the Pico with an MTL tank that can be opened up a bit, like the Nautilus 2, would be a perfectly fine choice. 40 Watts would be far too high for that setup (even with the 0.7 ohm coils,) IMHO, and 70 would be right out.

Some new vapers might like a cloud-chasing setup from the get-go, but my guess is that a lot would be best off starting with something simple, MTL or restricted DTL, and used at <20 watts.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
All the newest box mods worth looking have watts and temp control. All you have to decide is the look of it and the make of it.
Nothing out there is perfect, but there are some makes I wouldn't buy based on reliability.
I have 2 x Joyetech, 2 x Sigelei, 1 x Eleaf Pico, 1 x Smoant (Battlestar) 1 x Aspire NX75, and I got an Innokin this morning but it was 33% of the normal price because the tank is now illegal in Europe thanks to the TPD.
The TPD is going to get you if you buy a kit from 20th May.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I'm so glad I have a ProVari....:rolleyes:

In some respects I'm glad I started vaping with a fairly early eGo that wasn't variable anything. It was terrible, but since you didn't have much choice in the matter you learned to make it work, and you were certainly never paralyzed by the paradox of choice- well, aside from 510 atomizers, cartomizers, eGo atomizers, eventually leaky eGo-T tanks, etc. For all that, it was a simpler time.

People starting to vape now (I don't like the term 'beginners') have, perhaps, too many choices, many inappropriate for people just starting to vape. The equipment is _so much better_, and that's a good thing. But the decisions are harder to make, and I worry that a lot of people just starting to vape might be being drawn toward fiddly equipment that is better for hobbyists than 'beginners.' I'm inclined to think that at the beginning simple and effective is what you're looking for.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
In some respects I'm glad I started vaping with a fairly early eGo that wasn't variable anything. It was terrible, but since you didn't have much choice in the matter you learned to make it work, and you were certainly never paralyzed by the paradox of choice- well, aside from 510 atomizers, cartomizers, eGo atomizers, eventually leaky eGo-T tanks, etc. For all that, it was a simpler time.

People starting to vape now (I don't like the term 'beginners') have, perhaps, too many choices, many inappropriate for people just starting to vape. The equipment is _so much better_, and that's a good thing. But the decisions are harder to make, and I worry that a lot of people just starting to vape might be being drawn toward fiddly equipment that is better for hobbyists than 'beginners.' I'm inclined to think that at the beginning simple and effective is what you're looking for.

My 650mAh eGo still works and I still have blue foam. :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm pretty sure that if I went though all my boxes I could find an eGo of that vintage, some polyfill, and an unopened pack of Boge cartomizers... I'd say "those were the days," but actually they kind of sucked, IMHO ;).

I don't know about that, I was thrilled not to be smoking.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I don't know about that, I was thrilled not to be smoking.

Sure, at the time they were great, because there wasn't anything better outside of what was at the time a very hardcore mod community that I was only vaguely aware of. But so much frustration. So much bad juice. So much leaking. So much work just to get a bit of flavor, nicotine, and throat hit. I did it, but I'm kind of amazed, in retrospect, that I did.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
I remember trying a friends vape when they had been very recent... and everything was bought from online chinese sites. The juice was good but there was something missing. the Cigalike was even worse.
I always needed a smoke after that.

Then I remember a few years later.... A guy had one at the mall and he let me try it.... I think he wass selling them actually. I remember it was one that I felt was actually not missing a whole lot and It would work as a alternative to smoking. But I had no cash.

Once I got to Japan and started teaching, about a year later I quit smoking by buying an Ego-like device.... Took three days to get off smoking.

Eventually moved to Mech mods.... kept at them for a while.... now at VW mods....

Jaydawg

May 20, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Please tell me the infos, please don't send ads to me. I need the real experience share.

It really depends on what your budget is. Also depends if you want to mouth to lung vape or direct to lung. I started out on a provari 2.5 with a nautilus mini and that worked great for me. I have since moved on to the pyrocon and radius paired with a kabuki tank and that works amazing. I passed the provari 2.5 set up to a friend and she is still using it.

Unfortuanlty provari recently went out of business so those mods are hard to find although you may be able to get one on closeout somewhere. I bought a zombie provari 2.5 for $20 just recently at a local vape shop.

Reactions: David Wolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread