Which flavor probably contain Diacetyl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Do you mean flavors or eliquids?

If you mean FLAVORS, for sure the ones that SAY they do and offer a DTCYL free version. You could try that. I think there are some prime offenders like vanillas, cinnamon, a few others I forget.

Ejuices are kind of a black box, some manufacturers might list themselves as DCTYL free. There are probably also some flavor MANUFACTURERS that are all DYCLT free, like IDK who but I'm guessing they are also organic and more expensive but I'm sure they're out there.

Anna

Reactions: greek mule

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Which type of flavor probably contain Diacetyl?

There are other "non-Diacetyl" flavors that deliver a buttery taste but in the same family and likely no better for your health. These were/are widely used in custards, fruits, bakery, etc. The only company I trust outright is Flavour Art. Flavors Apprentice is also a good as they test all flavors and their presence is noted. Others? Well let it just be said some have been less than forthcoming (if not dishonest). Flavor West is one (but not the only) in the latter category (evidence on this site). If it fits the flavor profile, don't accept the supplier's word; insist on seeing copy of their test results.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Avoid it if you want, but the link between vaping Diacetyl and the condition known as popcorn lung has been debunked/discredited multiple times. Cigarettes contain orders of magnitude more Diacetyl than any eliquid, and there has not been a single recorded case of popcorn lung in a smoker that I know of.

Having said that, if you are concerned about putting anything in your lungs other than fresh air you should stop vaping and smoking. Even though I've been vaping for nearly 10 years without ill effects, we are all as a community guinea pigs for the technology.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I Haven't seen any juice or flavoring for years that directly use diacetyl. Acetoin, Acetyl Proprionyl taste similar, butter notes, and can break down and form some diacetyl (4-10% of the original chemical amount), along with some fruit flavors. There was a claim here, which I haven't seen repeated, that butyric acid increases this breakdown. Butyric acid is used in yogurt and cheesy flavors with another butter notes, and is the most common substitute butter note. It is also the primary flavoring in vomit and an irritant. A person who has tried all of them claimed here that of the 4, diacetyl is the least irritating. Flavourart claims what they do results in no butyric in the final flavor, but I'm unimpressed with the flavors I've tried, for example vanilla custard is more like just vanilla plus a little bit of odd flavor.

When I use creamy flavors, I stick with low amounts of flavorings using Acetoin or Acetyl Proprionyl, although some have become difficult to acquire. I'll go to unflavored before I vape that TFA DX stuff.

Large amounts of diacetyl are released from fresh ground coffee.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Sounds like someone is playing around with the number zero.

Iirc the deeming Bars diacetyl beyond a certain very low maximum level. Zero is a nearly impossible number to reach in biosciences. There is no such thing as an absolutely perfect vacuum for example. Even in the far depths of space. There’s still going to be the odd hydrogen atom floating around. Merely having a bag of microwave popcorn in your house will mean there is a non zero amount of diacetyl present in the air. That non zero number is far far lower than what can actually do anything though. As is the maximum deeming amount.

I don’t know whether the deeming bars the entire dyketone family or not. Juice sold in the United States legally has to comply with the deeming. Therefore if you buy juice from a B&M store you should be OK as fare as diacetyl goes.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I did it I did it! A gallon of nic (I actually looked up conversions form liters to gallons and I was like,, do I get 3 or 4 gallons so like 3.7 seemed fine) and it was cheaper. I am DONE nic wise, and very thankful to be.

I did get my second Dani 27100 box and the charging station but even after donating MOST of my bonus to my kid and the husband's contractor, I could do it and still be fine. It was a little SKREECH for me but let's face it, it would have been HARD no matter WHEN I did it. But I was like, "Anna, just get it over with."

So. Official. Done. I mean flavors, I can only do what I can DO. Etc. I'm not spending thousands on flavors when there is no way I could use them all, they have a freaking shelf life.

FINITO!! I am at the point I WANTED to be and it feels great. Sorta. I mean it sucks, but lets hope all will be well and etc.

Anna

Soon, I must get to the notes that sustain my purchasing. LOL. JESUS.

Oh I have a performance review coming up I hope I don't suck. I probably suck. But well, eh ARGH.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread