Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Sorry for the double posts, I wasn't sure if it posted the first time

You should be able to edit or delete posts if you want. :)
    At the 60W max per battery you'll be using them I recommend the VTC6 unless chain vaping heavily, then I recommend the VTC5A.

mr.puffincloudz

Aug 16, 2013
    California
    You should be able to edit or delete posts if you want. :)
    At the 60W max per battery you'll be using them I recommend the VTC6 unless chain vaping heavily, then I recommend the VTC5A.

Dude u seriously rock, I've been agonizing over this decision for days. I think if there wont be much difference in the amount of run time between the 2 batteries at this wattage ill probably get the vtc5a's thanks

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    @Mooch Can you recomend some 18650 batteries for use in single cell flashlights? Are the recomendations the same in a quad cell setup?

Choose the highest capacity cell that has the current rating you need.
    The 10A LG MJ1 is a possible choice or the Sanyo NCR18650GA.

Reactions: stols001

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    @Mooch im probably asking the same question somebody else has asked but im am running a box mod (aleader funky 160w) and i cant pick between the samsung 25r and 30q. Im using .15 ohm coils if that makes any difference but mostly running at 50 to 60 watts.

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk

30Q

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 21, 2013
    Ive got the 30Qs and VTC6s on the way to test in a mod specific application. The only reference i have to longevity is the joules counter against some older HG2s and HE2s.

Currently i get 23k joules from both older HG2s at .5ohms and 20k joules at .25ohms before the "low battery" kicks in at 3.3v. Wattage in SS temp mode settings from 22-30 does not seem to make much of a difference. Since none of these builds and settings go much over 10amps.... either of the new batteries IN THEORY should give me more vape time.

Last edited:

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Hi Mooch I just wanted to say thank's man great work. I do have a question? do you know of a good small battery meter? Just got into mechs want to be able to check them at work and out and about. I own a three battery mod's, but would like to be able to test a single battery.
    If you just want something small and quick to check battery voltage
    these work well, just touch the leads to the battery:
    $1.87 V20D 0.36" LED Two Line 3-Digital Direct-Current Volt Meter Module - measurement range: DC 2.5~30V at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    They seem to be accurate, as I have 3 and they all read the same.
    Will be interesting to see what Mooch recommends.

Reactions: Mooch

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    @walter justice
    Volt Meter 510 Connector by Tobeco - Element Vape

volt_meter_by_tobeco-02_3_1_1.jpg

Reactions: Mooch

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Hi Mooch I just wanted to say thank's man great work. I do have a question? do you know of a good small battery meter? Just got into mechs want to be able to check them at work and out and about. I own a three battery mod's, but would like to be able to test a single battery.

Sorry, I don't.

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2016
    Alhama de Murcia, Spain
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread