Which Ikenvape cartos for IBTank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragline

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I, following Baditude's advice, switched to cargo tanks recently and purchased my very own IBTanked, which by the way I love and it looks especially good on my ProVari. I only have a few cartos and plan to get more. I also plan to get more tanks from IBT. I've heard all the raves about the IKV cartos and want to try them.

Only thing is there are so many options I don't know what to get. Using a 19mm Xl or a 22mm Xl tank. Bobas Bounty, HHV at 70pg/30vg, and Backwoods Brew juices. Which IKV cartos should I get

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I use about the same ratio as you do and I like the Mega Fusion. However, due to some recent quality issues, I am trying the Platinum this time around. For the Bobas, since it is high in VG, it will probably be suggested you use slotted ones. Sorry, I realize that didn't help. It's really a matter of personal preference.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
The last batch of Fusions were made by a new supplier & there were a ton of issues with them. There's supposed to be some new ones coming in soon that are either from the original place or another new place.

They replaced my bad ones with some Platinums & I hate them. You can't use the Thingy method to fill them - you'll push the carto just enough & lose your juice. They're slightly shorter than the Fusions, so there's no room for error - they just barely fit in the tanks & the slightest bump can create a leak at either end. I'm going to give this new batch of Fusions a try. They do have a better flavor than the Smok's, but I don't find them lasting any longer than the Smok's.

If you're wondering about the regular vs mega, you'll need mega's to go with your XL tank.

amp79423

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
Lubbock, TX, USA
I have the mega platinums in my xl ibtanked and have filled using my thingy without a problem. My first few tries at filling the tank, however, were difficult as I kept pushing the base of the carto through the tube...big mess. I found that if I support the top caps with my index and middle fingers while pushing the carto in with just the tips of my thumbs I can get it in without upsizing too far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I've been trying to decide on cartos, and my favorites are the platinum IKV. But I'm still playing with LR and SR and even a couple slotted.
I found I have like ONE tank where the "thingy" pushes the carto around a bit - it doesn't cause a problem in others. And I REALLY don't like the "gap" that a flanged carto can contribute to, depending on my setup.
I've got a couple arrangement where there's a gap, but it keeps them from being my favorites...

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I use some dark, sweet juice that seems to clog up every carto within a day or less EXCEPT for the Ikenvape Platinum Punch V2. I have no idea why the slotted ones don't work as well. They just don't. I'm saving all the Platinum V2's just for this juice, the other cartos seem to work fine for other juices.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
I just got the in stock email notification from ikenvape's for the platinum punch v2's so I ordered a bunch. Hoping since they were out of stock for a while that the bug has been fixed. They just sent me shipping notice a few hours ago so I'll report back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
I just got the in stock email notification from ikenvape's for the platinum punch v2's so I ordered a bunch. Hoping since they were out of stock for a while that the bug has been fixed. They just sent me shipping notice a few hours ago so I'll report back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received this order on Friday. Loaded my IBT with an LR (I ordered SRs too) one yesterday. These are definitely waaaay better than the Smok's. The punch hole is probably twice the size of the Smok holes. Better TH, better flavor, better vape!

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I received this order on Friday. Loaded my IBT with an LR (I ordered SRs too) one yesterday. These are definitely waaaay better than the Smok's. The punch hole is probably twice the size of the Smok holes. Better TH, better flavor, better vape!

The Fusions have the same size hole as the Smok, the Platinums are the only ones with the larger holes.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Good to know, thanks man!

I have the slotted ones on the way too, they have me curious.

I was also waiting for the Fusions but ended up ordering the Platinums in the meantime - I use the 19mm XL IB Tanks, so I ordered the mega SRs. Am going to load up some juice and try them today!

I haven't tried the slotted ones. Good luck with the Platinums. The batting density is looser in the Platinums than the Fusions, combined with the larger hole it works much better with VG heavy juices. The coils are different too - the looser draw on the Platinums is designed for more flavor & the coil makes up a little bit of the missing TH, the tighter draw on the Fusion is more about the hit & the coil keeps the flavor in check.

My biggest problem with the Platinums is the lack of a flange & they're just a touch shorter making them a bit more difficult to prime. The slightly shorter length doesn't give you much 'oops' room either.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
I haven't tried the slotted ones. Good luck with the Platinums. The batting density is looser in the Platinums than the Fusions, combined with the larger hole it works much better with VG heavy juices. The coils are different too - the looser draw on the Platinums is designed for more flavor & the coil makes up a little bit of the missing TH, the tighter draw on the Fusion is more about the hit & the coil keeps the flavor in check.

My biggest problem with the Platinums is the lack of a flange & they're just a touch shorter making them a bit more difficult to prime. The slightly shorter length doesn't give you much 'oops' room either.

So far so good! I didn't have any problems without the flange, although I was very cautious. No issues "fiddling with the thingy".
I'm really liking the platinum so far. Only issue with the first one is that the drip tip end was a little out-of-round, making it impossible to use my favorite tip without destroying the o-ring. I had use a tip that I knew was a looser fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread