Which mod setting for Kanthal coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamelon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2013
CT, USA
Prefacing with the usual "searched but couldn't find..." disclaimer, so I apologize if this has been covered but couldn't think of a good search phrase. Anyway....

If I put a kanthal coil in my tank, and my mod gives me the choice of Ti, Ni or SS coil, which one should I use? I know enough, or I *think* I know enough to know, that Kanthal should not be used in TC, so I don't. But what type of coil should I tell the mod I'm using?

In this case, it's a smok TFV4, with the quadruple coil, on a Smok Treebox?

Bonus question for anyone familiar with this hardware: which coil do you like for this tank?
What would give me a good balance of vapor and flavor without blasting full power (the combo is a battery eater)?

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Prefacing with the usual "searched but couldn't find..." disclaimer, so I apologize if this has been covered but couldn't think of a good search phrase. Anyway....

If I put a kanthal coil in my tank, and my mod gives me the choice of Ti, Ni or SS coil, which one should I use? I know enough, or I *think* I know enough to know, that Kanthal should not be used in TC, so I don't. But what type of coil should I tell the mod I'm using?

In this case, it's a Smok TFV4, with the quadruple coil, on a Smok Treebox?

Bonus question for anyone familiar with this hardware: which coil do you like for this tank?
What would give me a good balance of vapor and flavor without blasting full power (the combo is a battery eater)?
You have setting for power or VW mode.

bustamelon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2013
CT, USA
Thanks for the replies. I have it set to VW. But the actual question, which got lost in my rambling post (sorry), is this:

Do I set the coil option (in the Treebox settings) to Ni, Ti, or SS?

Edit: sounds like it doesn't matter if type not in TC mode, and this option doesn't apply.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Thanks for the replies. I have it set to VW. But the actual question, which got lost in my rambling post (sorry), is this:

Do I set the coil option (in the Treebox settings) to Ni, Ti, or SS?

Edit: sounds like it doesn't matter if type not in TC mode, and this option doesn't apply.

Correct, those options are for TC only. Kanthal is a non-TC wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread