Which one and why NOT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
So want to Try squonker. Not going to spend more than $50 on first BF mod atty combo......
So, if one were looking at FocalEcig they see a Reo clone the Terminator, a Cherrybomber and the Kui. Also saw a Beast box BF while surfing, yesterday, can't find that one now.

Which would YOU, get??

Personally I would jump on the Bomber, if not for the stupid graphic. Seen how people say the Kui is a bad mod, although I can find little as too WHY. Common issue around here. I like the owl/terminator for the size.. But I can't adapt it to carry a kick, due to being plastic. Kick, NOT a deal breaker as can consider VW in the future. Just that I currently vape off a 5-15watt kick in a Mech.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I have the terminator and like it,but the atty that comes with it i don't like.You can convert most rda's to bottom feed pretty easy though,or there are several from Fasttech and focal that come bf ready for around $10.I have heard good and bad about the Kui,but i have one on the way from focal so i can decide for myself if i feel it's good or not,but i have seen a few reviews on it that say it works perfectly,just a bit on the heavy side.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
or the Vapage Vmod or XL Vmod, BF mech mods which you do not hear about a lot anymore but I use (and love) both sizes daily for years now. Just simple, good looking, excellent BF mods that work! and you can buy different shells to change the look when ever you want to:)
Right now Vapage is having a kind of buy on get one pricing special.
VMOD 2.0 A La Carte
VMOD XL A La Carte

and the shells are on sale for 1/2 price

Last edited:

KYBLUE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Kentucky, USA
Been vaping the KUI for ten days now and like it.

The only knocks against it I can come up with are:
  • relatively heavy - not a deal breaker to me but can see the value in a lighter mod
  • battery and door rattle - if you shake it hard enough the battery and door can move and make a sound - doesn't bother me in the least but YT reviews seem to indicate it is an issue for a surprisingly large number of people
It was knocked to concrete from a second floor porch railing last night and other than some scratches and a small knick it came through unaffected. Not bad.

Reactions: thetrucker

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I also have the terminator. It is much lighter and works fine but I am leery of the small gauge wire used in it but have had no problems vaping it at .5Ω.

Be aware that the REO clone cannot be used with a 22mm atty.
So how does the power from Kui compare to the terminator,meaning voltage drop/sag etc.,do they seem to be about the same?
As for the Reo clone,that could be an easy fix though for anyone who has a few hand tools.The catch cup could easily be filed/ground down to accommodate a 22mm atty,essentially making it like the lp version.Only drawback to that would be that it would then need a repaint.

KYBLUE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Kentucky, USA
b.m. I loaned out the terminator the day I received the KUI but If I had both here and a meter I would guess the KUI would perform slightly better but that could be a case of the new broom sweeping best.

Good point on modding the Reo clone. Since the affected area would be small and mostly hidden with an atty attached, I would think a shot of flat black would be adequate.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
That's what i was figuring,being the terminator has wires i figured the Kui should do at least a little better.Hopefully mine will be here by the end of the week,i'm itchin to try it out haha.
That's a good point on the area being covered too,i forgot it's made for such a small atty,so with a larger one on there,it probably would be barely noticable.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
I have both the Smokeless Owl and the Kui. The Kui hits harder and is easier to sub-ohm with. The SO button gets hot, even with a 0.6 ohm coil. The Kui functions just like a Reo, though usability and quality aren't the same. Because of the Kui's terrible spring, flimsy firing tab, wonky button and weight, I think the Smokeless Owl is a more usable device and a better value for the money. Neither is a solid device and you'll probably not get more than a few month's use out of them before they break or you get something else.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I have both the Smokeless Owl and the Kui. The Kui hits harder and is easier to sub-ohm with. The SO button gets hot, even with a 0.6 ohm coil. The Kui functions just like a Reo, though usability and quality aren't the same. Because of the Kui's terrible spring, flimsy firing tab, wonky button and weight, I think the Smokeless Owl is a more usable device and a better value for the money. Neither is a solid device and you'll probably not get more than a few month's use out of them before they break or you get something else.
I agree,the Kui definitely performs better.I really like my Kui though,the extra weight isn't that noticable after using it for a while.I agree,the spring and firing tab aren't the greatest,but they can easily be replaced with better parts down the road when needed.For under $30,i would definitely recommend the Kui to anybody looking for a budget priced bottom feeder.On a side note,i got the one with the 14mm atty included,and that little thing rocks haha.It's a bit fiddly to put a build on because of the small size,and it has those little ears that stick up like a Tobh,so it's tricky to get the coils down in there,but once built,it is fantastic,great flavor and vapor production.

Reactions: michliu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread