Which one Should I Pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiqueIllustrator

Jul 15, 2019
West Java
I set my eyes on a limited/clearance sale of sbody C1D2 and C2D1 in a local shop, this week. It would be easier for me to choose if they have C3D1 as well. They look sleek, just... simple design, and dna inside.

I'd love to spend for none of the above. But, I have to save some for other necessity. So, I need opinions. Which one should I pick? and why?

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
I don't have either one but the C1D2 appeals to me best. It's a smaller mod than the C2D1, so might be the most portable and pocket friendly of the two, and while it accepts only one 18650 (which is plenty for me) ... the battery compartment also has a removable insert which when removed, would allow the use of a larger capacity 26650 cell if need be.

If you could find the user manuals for both online, go through them and consider the features and specs of each to help determine what might be best for your vape style and lifestyle. I'm sure there are some youtube vids that cover each as well.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
One other thing to consider and hopefully someone with dual 18650 experience will chime in ... If you do chose the dual 18650 set up, I've read on here that it's best to start with two fresh new batteries from the same manufacturer and keep them paired. For example, you might have two 18650s in the mod and two 18650s stored as standby. Don't mix them all up or use some in a single 18650 mod and then pair them back together. I think the goal is to age the batteries with use, at the same rate. So keep them paired.

PiqueIllustrator

Jul 15, 2019
West Java
If you're in the market for high end chipset mods, have you considered YiHi / SXmini? As I know that you can occasionally find Vsticking or iPV mods cheap.
I'm into something that well built, function and comfy these days.

One other thing to consider and hopefully someone with dual 18650 experience will chime in ... If you do chose the dual 18650 set up, I've read on here that it's best to start with two fresh new batteries from the same manufacturer and keep them paired. For example, you might have two 18650s in the mod and two 18650s stored as standby. Don't mix them all up or use some in a single 18650 mod and then pair them back together. I think the goal is to age the batteries with use, at the same rate. So keep them paired.
would there be a change if I charge them externally?

Just curious, what is it about your current setup that you are looking to improve? Or are you looking to expand your collection and maybe just want something different?
My current setup is quite bulky for a go-to type. It was a present, so I can't complaint as long as it works well. Plus, taking closed system for a stroll can be messy sometime.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mordacai
Reactions: Mordacai

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
would there be a change if I charge them externally?
And the battery marriage thing has to do with battery aging due to use and also prevent cells from being stressed due to use as well, at least that's my limited understanding of it.

Permanent markers and or insulation tape work well for marking sets.
Charging externally is always highly preferred to charging via USB internally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread