Not open for further replies.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
I liked this one from Ahlusion - Orange Creamsicle

Anything Ahlusion is going to be a winner (unless it contains a flavor component you don't care for - like for me, no mint, menthol or cinnamon, even in small amounts in any juice).

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Ive found most citrus flavors to be on the bitter side, especially orange. I did find a lemon pastry juice from svrf that hit the right spot and is real close to awesome. No bitterness, and the lemon is nicely tart but not in your face. Its very balanced with the pastry background. In fact, im buying some more today.

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
Last edited:

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
hmmm, the link to my recipe seems to be blocked. here's a screenshot of it
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 9.55.06 PM.png

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I was thinkin about this still, and thanks for the recipie. My thoughts were as before, that orange flavor can be somewhat bitter. I see that you used royal orange at 1.5%. 8.25% on the orange dream bar, which im assuming has some vanilla ice cream in it to give it that creamy flavor. If i were trying to create a similar recipie, i prob wouldnt go over 2 or 3% with the orange flavor. As far as the dream bar goes, im not familiar with it so ill take your word on the 8.25. The reason i worry about orange flavors is due to a commercial juice that was really close to dry froot loops except the orange was overdone and bitter. I also assumed the lemon would be a likely culprit as well but i found a lemon crumb cake flavor juice that is nowhere near bitter and is absolutely wonderful. So, in moderation, im thinking citrus flavs in general can be very nice. Just keep the percentages on the low side. A little goes a long way in this case.

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
ECF does not allow links to ELR. Recipe looks tasty.

at the risk of tooting my own horn it really is yummy. though it took a lot of experimenting. interesting story behind it is that i was never pleased with my concoctions compared to My Freedom Smokes orange creamsicle. but a few months ago they sent me a really bad batch. color was off, flavor was totally off. just nasty. after a week of complaining to them they finally sent me a replacement ... but they didn't put any nicotine in it!!!!! i was soooo ....... but by the time all that happened i'd finally created an orange cream recipe that tasted practically identical to theirs. so they can (EDITED) now cuz i don't need them anymore.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
I did a search and it looks like most of the threads are a few years old. Can you guys recommend your favorite orange creamsicle e liquid?
Queenside from 5 Pawns used to be a hit, I dont like orange or citrus flavors but that was one of the 2 that everybody used to love from 5P

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I find orange to be bitter myself. If you want to capitalize on that bitterness, add dark chocolate. IMO it's the only way (for me) to get to an orange anything that is remotely palatable. Orange is one of my least favorite flavors, and I've attempted a few "creamsicle" recipes. None of them worked. Lemon's okay, lime I can deal with, but I find orange one of the hardest flavors to try and make "creamy". LOL.

Anna

Reactions: smacuser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread