Status
Not open for further replies.

Robobob1221

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Toride-shi, Ibaraki, Japan
Hello!

New to the ECF, and thinking about purchasing an rba from ft. I've been looking at the 91%, kayfun and aqua clones. In people's opinions, which would be the better one to go with. I was drawn to the 91% at first but after watching some YouTube reviews and that I'm starting to lean towards the aqua.

Anyone have any experiences with these clones or the originals?

ZeroWayCool

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Sunshine Coast Australia
I am not going to set off the whole clone Vs original argument but IMO I have tried some clones early on when I started vaping and although they are cheap and easy on the wallet you don't get the best of what these Manufacturers try and deliver with their mods. Yes you can still vape with them but it is not the same experience as with the originals - I actually have an original of each of the ones you mentioned and all of them are fantastic - the KF or KFL or KFL+ or the russian are just great and so easy to setup they are becoming a most popular go to atty for so many vapers taking the rebuildable step. Admittedly the Russian itself is a clone of the KF - so if you had to pick a clone go the Russian 91%, if an original go the Kayfun Lite Plus for price and bang for buck to see if you are going to like rebuilding first. In saying that check that anything you are buying from FT is an original version and not a chinese clone of those (even the Russian 91%) you will probably find they are clones unless otherwise stated. Again just my opinion for what its worth.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA

Juice Layer

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2013
Georgia, USA
Hello!

New to the ECF, and thinking about purchasing an rba from ft. I've been looking at the 91%, kayfun and aqua clones. In people's opinions, which would be the better one to go with. I was drawn to the 91% at first but after watching some YouTube reviews and that I'm starting to lean towards the aqua.

Anyone have any experiences with these clones or the originals?

Wanted to let you know that my buddy will be receiving his Aqua clone from ft early next week, I'll post back here with early results.

Robobob1221

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Wanted to let you know that my buddy will be receiving his Aqua clone from ft early next week, I'll post back here with early results.

Hey!
Did your friend get his aqua clone? How're they finding it?

I ended up biting the bullet and ordering one. Waiting on delivery now.

Juice Layer

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2013
Georgia, USA
Hey!
Did your friend get his aqua clone? How're they finding it?

I ended up biting the bullet and ordering one. Waiting on delivery now.

Hey Robobob!
Sorry it took so long to respond. He's not having much luck with the build. He's been trying to build with dual micro coil but can't get the Ohms high enough for his VV device (Provari). I believe the last attempt was 16 wraps of 28g Kanthal. Also he said with so many wraps it took forever to heat up on his mech mod. You may want to try just a traditional, non micro coil build on this one. Maybe someone can chime in with a better build for this RBA. Have a great day and let me know how it goes for you.

Robobob1221

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Hey Robobob!
Sorry it took so long to respond. He's not having much luck with the build. He's been trying to build with dual micro coil but can't get the Ohms high enough for his VV device (Provari). I believe the last attempt was 16 wraps of 28g Kanthal. Also he said with so many wraps it took forever to heat up on his mech mod. You may want to try just a traditional, non micro coil build on this one. Maybe someone can chime in with a better build for this RBA. Have a great day and let me know how it goes for you.

Got my aqua clone on Thursday.
Put dual coil, 28g Kantal, 8 wraps each on a 2.5mm screwdriver. Came out to about 0.7 resistance.

Gives a nice vapour and flavour hit. Good for chain vaping, and for on the go compared to an rda.

Quite pleased with the purchase, surprised at how small it is.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread