Which tank with Spinner/Twist Ego VV Tank Combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to the help from this forum I've decided on the spinner/twist ego tank combo (link below). I've got a basic eGo passthrough battery now and am using CE4's which seem to be hit or miss in quality and getting a good vape. I need a backup (so why not two!) battery and better clearomizers.

Since you can pick two batteries and two tanks in this package, I'm going to get one each of the spinner and twist for the batteries, and I've decided to upgrade one of the tanks to the Mini Kanger Protank II. I need help in deciding what to get for the 2nd tank as I don't want to upgrade both. The choices are:

Kanger T3 eGo Bottom Coil
Kanger MT3 eGo Bottom Coil (what's the diff between this and the 1st?)
Kanger EVOD eGo Clearomizer
Vision eGo Clearomizer 2.0
Innokin iClear16

Suggestions and depending on what I get do I need to order extra coil heads at the same time?

Spinner/Twist Ego VV Tank Combo.

Thanks!
Lisa

PhatRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Cumming, GA, USA
UVS0DyH

Use as a guide. Most important is to adjust to your preferred taste

Your vape is only as good as your coil, wick, battery, and device.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Kanger T3 eGo Bottom Coil
Kanger MT3 eGo Bottom Coil (what's the diff between this and the 1st?)
Kanger EVOD eGo Clearomizer
Vision eGo Clearomizer 2.0
Innokin iClear16

Please, please do not buy the T3 or the MT3. Personally, I'd go for EVOD or iClear16.

Kanger should have replaced the T3/MT3 with the T3S. It's better.

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
It's important to consider the overall size of the unit you choose to place atop your Ego battery. Some tanks make the Ego way to top heavy while leaving it looking like some odd medieval scepter....If you want to visualize what it will look like just do an image search and see for yourself I.E.- Google search:PROTANK 3 ON AN EGO BATTERY and tons of pics of a PT3 on top of Ego batteries will appear for your inspection... -Dave

only read your question and not responses... If you are getting the protank mini... get the evod, you can interchange the replacement heads :)

I figured that out and that is exactly what I ended up ordering(along with a few replacement heads)! Now - I will be watching the mail daily - can't wait to get all my new stuff and try it out!

crazycooter

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Cannada
For clearos for ego sized batteries and not going with larger tanks like protank or nautslis or anything else that's gonna be top heavy there a few options
Kanger
Protank2 mini my fav 1.6ml
T3s the mt3s is just a metal sleave that covers it hense the m
Thier 3ml
Evod basically a smaller version like the protsnk 1.6ml but plastic like the t3s
I've found after experimenting the t3s heads work in all 3 of those
There's also the davide mini glass much like the protank mini
Then there's the new aspire bdc clearos and also a glass version et-s or vivinova style
Those are all bottom coils

For top coils try iclear16 and some still like vivinova mini also.

Like someone else mentioned if u got a vv device go with a standard ohm coil if u got a fixed device go with a 1.8 ohm coil.
I've also found with the kanger coils I always remove 1 flavor wick otherwise I get dry scratchy hits
Those prob all your options for good clearos in smaller form factors that work well for ego styled batteries.

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
The waiting is the hardest part!

Tell me about it. when i ordered my vamo from fastech i waited almost 3 weeks.

@OP since you've found a setup you like, the best thing is to take recomendations and really go from there. In the end you may end up liking something that others haven't, but its all about what works best for you. I went through alot to get where Im at today eg, atomizers then to cartos, then to carto+tank, then to viva nova tank, then to protank 3.

vapnstuff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2010
Treasure Coast, FL
OP - I started out going down the same track similar to you only I got a couple 1300 mah spinners, a ProTank 2 and an I-clear 30... the PT2 because it was glass and the i-clear was plastic so wouldn't break in my pocket. Then I got a couple of EVODS (same coil as PT2) and even though were plastic, I got a better taste from juice than PT2 (not what I would have thought) so I got a couple more EVODS. The spinner and EVOD combo fits in my pants pocket better with the PT2 or i-clear so I usually carry for 2 different flavors.

From there, I went on a search for different flavors so more EVODS because they are inexpensive and I don't have to change them out as frequently while testing flavors. Then I hit a flavor that cracked one of my EVODS and learned the hard way about how different juices react with plastic ... not a good thing when it happens inside a pants pocket while at work. :ohmy: :oops: :-x

That's when I started going down the pyrex route ... more expensive but if you're going to try flavors like cinnamon, some citrus or fruits, etc, it's worth the price. Another downside is that some of the flavors may be a little more muted or subtle than in plastic tanks for some reason, even using the same coils. I haven't quite figured that one out yet. :confused:

So far I have 6 of the Kanger PT2 mini's and 8 of the Anyvape Mini Davide's, a couple PT2's, a couple full sized Davide's (all different colored glass for different flavors) and and all use the same coils. The advantage to the Davide's is that they're basically Kangers for less money but replacement glass is more of a challenge to find. I even have a couple ARO pyrex which are nice but bigger than the mini's and mine seem to have a gurgling issue plus need their own coil so they don't get as much use.

Bottom line, the mini's go great on the eGo spinner type batteries. Variable voltage is the way to go when starting out but variable wattage mods have advantages that should be considered as well so I ended up with a MVP 2.0 and a couple Siegel Zmax's that I use the bigger tanks on. Kind of heavy to carry around but great at home; at work though, I seem to fall back on the spinner/EVOD combo.

Hope this helps :2c:

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Here is from my previous experience ...

Although the Kanger ProTank and the AeroTank are great clearomizers, they just don't feel good on a Twist or a Spinner variable volt battery. These clearomizers are both heavy and wider than the Twist or the Spinner battery.

Because of this, either of these two clearomizers will feel very 'top-heavy' and uncomfortable.

Get a clearomizer that looks better, and most importantly, feels more comfortable on your Twist or Spinner ... My suggestion would be a Kanger T2 Sunfire clearomizer. They are cheap, and the replacement coil/wick cartridges are cheap and easy to change.

T2 (Ver 2) Clearomizer: Kanger T2 Sunfire 2.4 - 2.6ohm Clearomizer / Cartomizer - Vaping Me

T2 Coil/Wick Cartridges: Kanger T2 Sunfire 70mm Long Wick Replacement Atomizer Coils 5-Pack - Vaping Me

T2Clearomizer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread