Whistle Tips or round tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winzz

Aug 17, 2010
Bali - Indonesia
I've been trying both too...

In the begining was using rounds, and was not sure I would like the flat tips when I got my 901...
but now after a few days using it, it feels weird to go back to rounded... I really like the feeling of the flat tip in your mouth...
remembers me of a pipe and kinda easier to hold in your mouth considering the weight of an ecig compared to an analog....

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
I have round tips and whistle tips most of them have the same size hole in it. But i got one whistle tip that has a rectangular outlet that is clearly a larger orifice. But really i don't notice any difference in the vapor hit using the different ones. I do like the thinner Whistle tips because they feel more comfortable in my mouth.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I like to use 901 whistle tips on my 510/eGo when I am not using the eGo mega atty/carts(the only way I roll now). They draw better than the 510 carts by far. They have to be slightly modded to work(afew mms need to be shaved/sanded off the atty end of the cart), or you can get some for cheap premodded for you from strictlyejuice.com for @$1.80 for 5. That is my recomendation. I've used 510 round/flat and the 901 carts draw better and feel better on the lip, as well as hold more juice and leak less.

I like to use 901 whistle tips on my 510/eGo when I am not using the eGo mega atty/carts(the only way I roll now). They draw better than the 510 carts by far. They have to be slightly modded to work(afew mms need to be shaved/sanded off the atty end of the cart), or you can get some for cheap premodded for you from strictlyejuice.com for @$1.80 for 5. That is my recomendation. I've used 510 round/flat and the 901 carts draw better and feel better on the lip, as well as hold more juice and leak less.

^^^^ this when I used carts....started drippin and haven't touched a cart in a long time. boB

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
using whistle tips because i will spend less money on restylane injections (hyaluronic fillers) for the "smokers" wrinkles around the vermillion border (lip margin). remember, if you are pursing your lips around a round cartridge, it is using more muscles in the perioral area. just because you dont smoke analogs anymore, doesnt mean that you are immune to those fine wrinkles from repeated vaping! i love the whistle tips on my Mega carts for my eGo! in vaping heaven!

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Hi all, I've been using eGo Mega carto's on my RIVa. I've yet to get one to line up properly, (flat tip perpendicular to the button). Makes for a somewhat contorted alignment. Seems like it would work better using my left hand, but that feels awkward. Any tips, (pun intended), on how to get the whistle tips to line up properly? If I shave the connector end, won't I loose the airway for the draw?

TIA
otrpu

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've used both and found that I get used to whatever I used most. Round tips don't require alignment to the button and whistle tips are a little easier on the lips. I started with whistle tips and changed one day when my 510 mega carts came with round tips. I got used to the rounds and now whistle tips seem a little strange. I just got an Ego Mega atomizer with whistle tip carts and now it's time to get used to whistle tips again.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Hi all, I've been using eGo Mega carto's on my RIVa. I've yet to get one to line up properly, (flat tip perpendicular to the button). Makes for a somewhat contorted alignment. Seems like it would work better using my left hand, but that feels awkward. Any tips, (pun intended), on how to get the whistle tips to line up properly? If I shave the connector end, won't I loose the airway for the draw?

TIA
otrpu

Well, she was refering to the eGomega attys/carts, not the cartos. The attys/carts are just like the 510 in that you can put the cart on in any position you want. The cartos are a little tricky. Basically, I just put them on just to the point where the batt connection allows the carto to vape, the gentley tighten it up untill it is indexed how you want. It' will loosen up after it has been removed/replaced between fillups/charges afew times. Then you will need to gently turn it tighter until it is indexed the way you want. I think I've given up on the cartos. I find I can get a bit more juice in the mega carts, and alot easier to fill. I am going to buy a few cartos, just to have on hand for emergencies.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Rounds on my 510 cartos.

Whistles on my 510 carts.

Girl prefers the whistles, I prefer the rounds.

I find with the whistles, I bite the tip and will hold the ecig in my teeth even when I'm not vaping. With the rounds, I hit it like an analog and remove it from my face.

+1 I do the same thing, even w/ my eGo mega batt(my dentist probably wouldn't like that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread