Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamdane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2011
Cleveland area, Ohio
I am interested in finding out if I will outgrow my 510, before I get too much more accessories for it.

I am trying to find out if anyone still PREFERS non-mods.

When you answer please tell me how long you've been vaping, and if you tried a mod before deciding to go the way you are now.

I know this question could be asked in a couple other areas, but figured the veterans would have longer use to back up the answer.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
If you want input from a lot of people, I suggest that you post your query elsewhere. Typically here in this ATV forum, one or two of us answer and then the moderator releases it for view by the ECF community.

While you are here, I'll provide my two cents: I think that many of us seasoned vapers still use non-mods. I do. However, very few of us use those small skinny batteries*, e.g., the 180 mAh 510 battery. [mAh = milliamp hours, i.e., how long you can vape between charges.] Most have moved on to the "fat batts" like the eGo and Riva (and many others). The starting mAh on them is 650: much higher than your 510. And some go as high as 1300 mAh.

* I do sometimes use small skinny batts: the 220 mAh, 65mm VOLT (or the more expensive forerunner, Maxx Fusion). With their well-matched cartomizers, this 103mm Kr8 model delivers a very satisfying, analog-cigarette-like experience.​

Even more important than vape time between charges (to me at least) is that these higher mAh batteries (and this also applies to the high mAh batteries in mods) enable the use of LR atomizers and cartomizers, which deliver a much greater intensity vape (in the form of vapor and TH).

If you are considering upgrading from your current 510, I recommend the Riva-510 from Liberty-Flights (because it is good quality and such a bargain): $30 for a full 750 mAh two-battery/two-atomizer kit! [The "Lite Bundle" (although there is nothing "lite" about it) ... and click on the "20% Discount" icon in the upper left of the screen first to see and receive that price.]

You can use your current 510 atomizers and cartomizers ... and try the wonderful Smok Tech Mega Dual Coil and Boge 2.0 cartomizers. [Links are to the least expensive source I know of at this time for either: LiteCigUSA.]

This strikes me as an appropriate interim step before moving into mods ... and many of us simply stick with the fat batts. [I spend most of my time in fat batt land, but did just purchase my first mod in one year: a real big one based on the 2200+ mAh 18650 battery. And, as mentioned, I also spend some time with the teeny tiny 103mm VOLT/Maxx Fusion. Oh variety; it's a wonderful thing.:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread