Who loves their The Prodigy V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
I love mine. Aside from being a gorgeous device, it's rock solid. I've been using mine constantly for over a month and have not had a single misfire. It's super easy to clean and maintain too.

I almost didn't buy the V3 because I wasn't sure about the concept of a bottom-buttoned device. But once I used it, I realized how natural it feels to activate a device that way. I also love the fact that the button locks. So I don't have to worry about it at all when I put it in my pocket.

I bought the heavy spring and recommend that option. Plus, for only five dollars more, you'll have both options available. The V3 comes with the light spring by default. But I changed mine out before first use, so I don't have any first-hand experience with the light spring. A comparison of the springs:

Heavy: Takes more force to activate, and that concerned me a bit when I ordered it. But I find it really easy to activate it with my pinky. The biggest advantage, though, is you can stand the V3 up while unlocked without it firing.

Light: Is reportedly super-easy to activate. I've heard it's almost too easy, and you can't stand the unlocked device up. (Although many have reportedly stretched their springs out to allow for this.) Others have also reported that there is a slight battery rattle with the light spring. (There is no rattle at all with the heavy spring.)

Another big plus: The V3 takes either two RCR123 batteries for 6v or one protected AW 17670 for 3.7v. All you need to do to change voltage is swap the batteries.

My only regret: Not getting the Media Blasted finish. After seeing that finish in several reviews and in photos, I really wish I'd chosen that option. Oh well...

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
loving mine had mine for 2 days now and now that I got my GG AFS V2 working. The combo is perfect. I havent tried it at 3 volts because I cant seem to find my old universal charger to charge up my 3 volt battery. But, been in love with thing since yesterday and Sooo on love with this combo. Totally worth it if have the cash...

vip0802

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2010
Maryland
since i've never tried a 6v device or a bigger batt mod, someone generously sent it to me for free to try out for a week. it's only been a little over a day, but so far i'm loving it! as a petite person, i was surprised how nicely it fit in my small hands and it's definitely a beautiful device.

it works wonderfully at 3.7v (with LR attys) and 6v (with cartos). i have both the light and heavy spring, but i really prefer the light one. the person who sent it to me already stretched it out so i haven't had any issues with batts rattling, and i think the resistance is perfect for me. i can even stand it on the button without locking, and it will not fire.

when i first set up it up, i didn't realized that i didn't have to twist the atty or carto all the way down. i ended up pushing the center post down in the cap too far which resulted in the button not being able to push in. i had to use the handle of a wooden spoon to snap it back into place, but ever since then it's been working flawlessly. i just make sure that whenever i screw an atty or carto in, i stop twisting as soon as i feel the slightest bit of resistance. ;)

the only downside for me, is that it's a lot heavier than i expected. granted, i was using The Precise before so it's very possible that i'm not used to the weight. The Precise (body w/ end caps and a 10440 batt) weighs in at 1.5 oz and the V3 (body w/ end caps and 2 3.0v batts) weighs in at 4 oz. it doesn't sound like much, but it's nearly 3x heavier than what i'm used to.

all in all, i think getting a V3 is totally worth it. it's great sturdy device that really delivers and i think it's at a very reasonable price point. i think you'll be really pleased by it.:D

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
What the hell. Time to add a V3 to my collection. Who said vaping was less expensive than cigarettes? :laugh:

It is in NY - at $12/pack in the city and $9.50-10 in the burbs you break even in 2-3 weeks....

I've been diggin mine- nice hunk of metal, but needed to move up to HR attys at 6V.
Cartos seem to be working well too.

yoyoma_mda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
San Diego
if you can get a hold of some HV cartos they actually work very well. Makes refilling cartos less frequent and the flavor comes out a little better. Oh and the V3 is effing bullet proof. I've dropped it more times than I'm willing to admit and it barely has any damage on it and works flawlessly. I even dropped it on the atomizer which split the atty in two, the prodigy of course walked away unscathed. I don't think any device is going to top this for a while, not even the omega.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread