Who sells the best sucralose and ethyl maltol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

panachronic

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
WA

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
A number of places sell ethyl maltol crystals, but I'd get the version dissolved in PG, which is often called Cotton Candy Flavor. Just saves the step of dissolving it. I got mine from TPA.

Hi! That's funny that you say cotton candy flavor because that's one of the juices that I mix together. I do 63% Wowboy(24mg) from V4L and 37% of Cotton Candy with extra flavor(0%nic) from BlueMist vaping. I use the cotton candy because I like it but mostly to cut the harsh edge of the Wowboy and add a touch of sweetness. I've tried sooo many combinations and I really can't add any more Cotton Candy or I lose the taste of the Wowboy. Any suggestions?? Also, how are you supposed to know which cotton candy juices are ethyl maltol dissolved in PG? Thank you for your response!!!

Last edited:

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
EM and sucralose are two basic chemicals in pg, the quality should be the same anywhere you buy them. TPA sweetener is sucralose and TPA cotton candy is EM, both can be purchased at numerous vendors.

Hi! Thank you so much for the information!!! It is very interesting too! :)

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
All cotton candy flavoring is EM . They dont make a actual cotton candy flavoring . EM should be used sparingly . 1-2% usually . You can buy just EM crystals from TPA and dilute it yourself . It saves a ton of money since you get so much more of it . DIluting it is just putting 1/4tsp of crystals in 10ml of PG . EM is a burnt sugar /caramel taste aka RY4 base . As far as sucralose that must be used even more sparingly . 1 drop per 5-10ml is usually plenty .

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
All cotton candy flavoring is EM . They dont make a actual cotton candy flavoring . EM should be used sparingly . 1-2% usually . You can buy just EM crystals from TPA and dilute it yourself . It saves a ton of money since you get so much more of it . DIluting it is just putting 1/4tsp of crystals in 10ml of PG . EM is a burnt sugar /caramel taste aka RY4 base . As far as sucralose that must be used even more sparingly . 1 drop per 5-10ml is usually plenty .

I really appreciate all that info!! Something confuses me though! If EM should be used sparingly and all cotton candy flavoring is EM, how come when I use 37% Cotton Candy ejuice in my mix it only adds a very very slight sweetness if anything? I find that the Cotton Candy I use is a very light flavor, even with extra flavor. Also, do you just add the crystals to the PG and shake the bottle, or is some heating up of the mixture involved? Thank you!!

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I really appreciate all that info!! Something confuses me though! If EM should be used sparingly and all cotton candy flavoring is EM, how come I can use 37% cotton candy in my mix and it adds a very very slight sweetness if anything? I find that the Cotton Candy I use is a very light flavor, even with extra flavor. Also, do you just add the crystals to the PG and shake the bottle, or is some heating up of the mixture involved? Thank you!!

You just explained rule number one in DIYing which is OVERFLAVORING . If you use a tiny bit (1-2%) i will put money on it that it will be much much sweeter than using 37% . Rule number one is more flavoring = less flavor/No flavor. EM is strong stuff and 37% is insane . ANything over 5% is considered insane with EM .37% of anything is WWWWAAAYY too much flavoring . EM is not a flavoring technically so it needs much less then a actual flavoring . WHen diluting the crystals you will just want to put it in the microwave for 10 seconds and then shake it up good and the crystals will all dissolve . YOu may have to come back a little later and give it a final shaking . Its easy . YOu also may want to look into getting some capellas flavorings . TPA arent very good and lots of them have a bit of a perfume taste . Capellas is very forgiving and never have a perfume taste . Its almost hard to make a bad juice with them .

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I really appreciate all that info!! Something confuses me though! If EM should be used sparingly and all cotton candy flavoring is EM, how come I can use 37% cotton candy in my mix and it adds a very very slight sweetness if anything? I find that the Cotton Candy I use is a very light flavor, even with extra flavor. Also, do you just add the crystals to the PG and shake the bottle, or is some heating up of the mixture involved? Thank you!!

37% is too much, too much equals= no taste or diffused taste. You don't have to use EM sparingly; thats a based on YOUR tastebuds decision and varies from person to person, but 37% is too much. Sucralose you need very little as mentioned just a drop per so many ml's of juice. Stevia has a bitter taste or aftertaste to some people if you allready know you like it than thats an alternative too.

Last edited:

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
You just explained rule number one in DIYing which is OVERFLAVORING . If you use a tiny bit (1-2%) i will put money on it that it will be much much sweeter than using 37% . Rule number one is more flavoring = less flavor/No flavor. EM is strong stuff and 37% is insane . ANything over 5% is considered insane with EM .37% of anything is WWWWAAAYY too much flavoring . EM is not a flavoring technically so it needs much less then a actual flavoring . WHen diluting the crystals you will just want to put it in the microwave for 10 seconds and then shake it up good and the crystals will all dissolve . YOu may have to come back a little later and give it a final shaking . Its easy . YOu also may want to look into getting some capellas flavorings . TPA arent very good and lots of them have a bit of a perfume taste . Capellas is very forgiving and never have a perfume taste . Its almost hard to make a bad juice with them .

Thanks for the info. about Capellas!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread