Status
Not open for further replies.

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
topeka, ks, USA
I must start by first stating that I know every battery manufacturer says not to stack them. I also know that it is done by quite a few. I received 2 18350s yesterday and just to see what the fuss was about I stacked them and took one puff just to see the difference. I was amazed at the quantity of vapor(and heat) that came out. I then immediately took the setup apart and will do more research before I try it again. If I were to do this I know that the batteries have to be pretty well matched as far as you don't want one to have a full 4.2 volt charge and the other to have a 3.9 volt charge. I would also assume the guys doing this are building higher resistance coils for this. What are your thoughts? One other question, I know the amp rating of the efests are 6.4 amps, does stacking them increase the amperage limit or does it remain the same?

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I've been stacking my batteries for years. I have a Buzz Pro. It's my at work device 90% of the time.

Series and Parallel connections.

Series connections are the ones in which electricity has only one path, IE, + to - to + to -, etc. These "stack", or add together. Two 1.5 volt batteries in series have a potential of 3 volts.

Parallel connections are the ones in which all of the + to one side and all of the - to the other side. These connections do NOT stack voltage. Two 1.5 volt batteries in parallel have a potential of 1.5 volts.

Amperes are the opposite. Two 1 ampere batteries in series have an output capacity of 1 ampere, while two 1 ampere batteries in parallel have an output capacity of 2 amperes.

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
topeka, ks, USA
Thank you for the links. I will go do some reading. I tried to search the subject but it returned way too many results.
I've been stacking my batteries for years. I have a Buzz Pro. It's my at work device 90% of the time.

Series and Parallel connections.

Series connections are the ones in which electricity has only one path, IE, + to - to + to -, etc. These "stack", or add together. Two 1.5 volt batteries in series have a potential of 3 volts.

Parallel connections are the ones in which all of the + to one side and all of the - to the other side. These connections do NOT stack voltage. Two 1.5 volt batteries in parallel have a potential of 1.5 volts.

Amperes are the opposite. Two 1 ampere batteries in series have an output capacity of 1 ampere, while two 1 ampere batteries in parallel have an output capacity of 2 amperes.

Allrighty then, So stay away from subohm stuff completely. May I ask what brand of batteries you prefer?

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The real question is why stack batteries when there are now altenatives that actually work better?!?

There are those that still have the mind set that it worked in 2009, so there is no reason it shouldn't work in 2114. Well, tea bags & blue foam also worked in 2009.

I can run my provari up to 6v on a single 18350 and it performs flawlessly.
    If I tried to apply 6-7v to this coil on my mechanical, smoke would come out my ears.
    We've come a long ways baby, there simply is no reason to stack bats anymore.

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011
    The real question is why stack batteries when there are now altenatives that actually work better?!?

There are those that still have the mind set that it worked in 2009, so there is no reason it shouldn't work in 2114. Well, tea bags & blue foam also worked in 2009.

I can run my provari up to 6v on a single 18350 and it performs flawlessly.
    If I tried to apply 6-7v to this coil on my mechanical, smoke would come out my ears.
    We've come a long ways baby, there simply is no reason to stack bats anymore.

How are you getting an 18350 to make contact in a Provari? Even a Provari mini takes a 18490. Are you using a kick to take up the extra space?

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    topeka, ks, USA
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread