Who wants to make big money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftezi

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2008
Greece
e-kapnisma.gr
SD is not a 901. Its not white, its not slim, its bigger and thicker and does not look like cigarette at all. It is a different device that just uses 901 atomizers. OK it has cheap batteries. Thats good.
But don't forgett the price.

EVO's batteries are maybe not that cheap but they are cheap enough too. And they charge in very short time.

I mean a normal battery as i have described: charges in 30 minutes, lasts for 4-5 hours and is constant in the whole use time.
And , i have to mention this too:it should be not expensive

Am i asking too much?

leftezi

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2008
Greece
e-kapnisma.gr
the best adapter would be one to fit --

LTv9 type cartridges onto a usb either 801 or 901

I would pay good money for 2 of those.......

Di .......

I agree, another very good product with bad batteries.
I thought that LTv9 (or NewMinicig from e-cig.com, or EASE Magnum from e-puffer) would be a best seller because of his disposable atomizers. From hygiene reasons to see that, a always clean fresh atomizer it's the best. But the same problem here. Bad batteries.

leftezi

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2008
Greece
e-kapnisma.gr
Ya. A saw that.
But i would recommend a EVO Genie battery.

Except if you have a stock from 901 batteries.

I have a small stock from NewMiniCig disposable atomizers (20 pieces) that are useless because the batteries are dead. The first die after 10 days very light use (equal to 2 days normal use) and the other one is almost useless because of very low performance.

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Well, I say the guy who will make big money is the one who makes a big pipe battery body for the LTv9 type cartridges. Give them a battery that lasts as long as the cartridges.

two second conversion job leaford.. the SD is a "big battery" for whatever gets stuck on the end of it..

plus until someone invents some new battery technology batteries that fit in small cigarette sized tubes.. e cig batteries are not going to last long.. its just like trying to use a car battery in a truck or a motor bike battery in a car...

the world is crying out for smaller more powerfull batteries.. zillions would be made by anybody who comes up with one..

wishing for the impossible aint of much value.. just science fiction dreams..

the chinese sell us what they think we want.. electronic cigarettes that are the same size as real cigarettes.. which is the one simple reason the 901 has useless batteries.. the thread starter kinda makes this point pretty strongly..

ruyan came up with a clever product aimed at an occasional use relatively rich market.. what i would call "social smoking" its been copied and picked up by others..

and miss sold to the world as a full time alternative to tobacco.. its not really up to the job...it was never intended to be..

the SD simply dosnt follow the must look like a tobacco product theme.. its original and dosnt follow the path set by ruyan.. its simple an e smoking device that works.. it was built for our own use.. its now being sold to others..

its expensive to buy up front but cheap to run.. this was part of the plan.. long term even life long e smoking.. as yet.. used for this purpose it has no equal..

the SD takes 901 atomizers for one simple reason.. we think that overall they are the best all round option... they work reasonably well.. they are cheap and easy to obtain.. they are well suited for fluid top up type usage.. if something comes along that we think does a better overall job.. the SD will be altered to take it..

we could also make a smaller SD.. but with battery technology as it is.. with think the size it is.. is the best size for the purpose its intended to be used for.. long term economical e smoking..

our original idea was simply to offer it as a portable power supply.. not a full smoking kit.. but practicalities set in and it now comes as it comes.. a full smoking kit..

we are about to offer it as a combined Classic and 901 atomizer device.. amd make converters available..

one basic SD body... in black or silver.. two silver atomizers of each type with a dual charger and four batteries.. converter plus carts and liquid..

in this form it will be called the "Ultimate" SD kit.. we think it will be the world best long term heavy usage e smoking device..

and it will be even more expensive to buy up front.. part of what is bought is good user instructions and a full help and support forum.. u dont just buy the hardware.. u buy our knowledge and help..

its not intended to be a mass market product and probably never will be..

as yet we dont have the odd chinese factory or two at our disposal.. we would like to have but we dont.. he he

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Lithium Polymer batteries would provide heaps more power for the same sized cell, but consumers are considered too dumb to look after them :rolleyes:

sorry frog but you what you say is not of much use.. e cig batteries fail because the design parameters were/are wrong..

the priorities are wrong... form has taken precedence over function..

battery powered devices have a simple rule.. whatever type of battery is used it has to be of a size that is up to the job the device has to do..

when making any battery powered device..

thought number one.. how big does the f-cking battery have to be...

chinese though number one... what do these daft dumb americans want to buy...

they want what this thread starter wants.. small cigarette sized smoking tubes...

so the chinese whos sole intend is to sell millions of things and keep selling millions of things give us small smoking tubes..

the fact they dont live that long or work that well aint on the chinese priority list..

i have built a battery powered things for many years... big cart horse battery him live long time... small donkey on steroids battery him live short time..

sometimes the answer to a problem is so simple folk will never see it..

him chinese designed e smoking device him run on blatterly that aint f-cking big enough..

and sadly frog.. the average e cig buyer is too dumb to know this.. and i think its dumb thru choice.. not lack of information..

trog

ps.. how to make friends and influence people... he he he

Last edited:

leftezi

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2008
Greece
e-kapnisma.gr
Come on...
That bad can't be the batteries issue.

I have deliberately used the EVO small "Atom" batteries for a month now without problem. They still charge in 30 minutes, last for -4 hours and are very constant. Ok, the one from them last not that much as it was new, but i used them for about a month and they are tiny and thin too.
I am sure that the bigger Genie last longer and they still are not that big.

I think that, as frogbmth said, the technology for better batteries exists but there are not serious producers to occupy with them.

The SD is really a good device but not for social smocking.

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Come on...
That bad can't be the batteries issue.

I have deliberately used the EVO small "Atom" batteries for a month now without problem. They still charge in 30 minutes, last for -4 hours and are very constant. Ok, the one from them last not that much as it was new, but i used them for about a month and they are tiny and thin too.
I am sure that the bigger Genie last longer and they still are not that big.

I think that, as frogbmth said, the technology for better batteries exists but there are not serious producers to occupy with them.

The SD is really a good device but not for social smocking.

most people think its all down to bad chinese quality control.. it isnt its down to mis marketing and people using a product for a purpose it was never designed to be use for.. all day and every day e smoking...

bigger does mean better... and i think the EVO battery might be sourced from japan and be of slightly better quality than the average chinese one but thats about it... a classic has a bigger (about 50%) battery and will live longer..

a laptop that runs all day (eight hours) on a charge is still a dream.. small and portable and long battery run time do not go together..

"that bad" really is it... which is why folks just refuse to believe it... it really is that simple..

the actual run time isnt the real e cig battery problem ether... it the wear out time...

a lithium cell is oft quoted as having a 400 charge/discharge life time... this is when it gets to 80% of it new capacity..

using this type of scale (80% of original capacity)...a 901 battery is worn out within two or three days of heavy smoker type usage..

when new they (for us at least) have a run time of two hours.. after one weeks usage the two hours is done to one hour... after that rapid decline sets it..

that bad really is that bad... the SD only exists because that bad is that bad.. we got tired of having to replace the 901 batteries every two weeks...

the short run time isnt the real problem.. its the short life time that is the real problem... a short run time can be over come my carrying lost of batteries.. they aint very big..

as i say the donkey on steroids that get bunged into that little smoking tube to power it has a very high attrition rate... and as long as folks want little and ever smaller smoking tubes the chinese will keep delivering them

an e cig needs heat and power to work... far more than the little donkey should be expected to deliver..

form took precedence over function... big time and that bad really is that bad...

the SD is quite neat and hides in the palm of the hand very well... its not as big as none users think..

melange.jpg

we cant make many so i aint trying to sell them... simply trying to make people aware of how things are..

of course being the only dude in the bloody world saying such things it gets hard.. he he

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
a pic of some lithium cells... the little one in the middle is an e cig cell...

batsel.jpg

they dont make big ones for fun...

trog

ps... the original ruyan cigar device uses the ones over on the far left.. they are about three times the capacity of the little e cig battery..

ps..2.. the SD uses the ones on the left of the orange ones in the middle.. the orange ones are e pipe size...

Last edited:

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
Thanks for posting these pics trog, esp the one showing all the units together.

Its also likely that the propensity for bargain hunting in shoppers pushes manufacturers to use cells from the cheapest tender rather than using the best performing. All cells are not created equal. As for other chemistry, how many of us would be willing to buy a cig battery for £100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread