Wholesale Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

nopaper

Oct 9, 2013
Bristol
the pros are if you sell them great. if you dont sell them then your lumbered with a load of stock you cant shift.
bear in mind if your thinking of selling stuff, u wont make money straight away regardless of your profit per item also that u have to cheaper than your competetors. also your not allowed to sell nicotine liquids on ebay or other site. if you dont state you have nicotine in them knowone bothers looking at them.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I'm going on the heroic assumption that you're considering buying wholesale in order to save money on a large quantity of gear or consumables that you will use yourself.

The only drawback I see to it is committing a fairly large sum of money to something that, in a matter of time, you may either no longer like or no longer use. This is especially true if you're just starting out.

If you already know the gear and/or liquids that you like and you just want to stock up, I see no problem with it. Just be mindful of the quantity of the stuff you're buying. "Units" rarely mean one piece. That term usually refers to a large number of the same thing.

mmorris

Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
White Mountains, NH
Thank you for your replies :) I was asking because I am so frustrated with the batteries I have been using and because I am on a limited budget it seems that if I make a purchase it is cheaper doing it wholesale. The item I want to purchase is about 60.00 dollars but on the wholesale sight I can get 5 for 15.00 dollars a piece. It sounds like a bargain to me. I am just leery purchasing something from China. Any thoughts??

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
What's the site you're looking at?

At a price difference like that, I'd be leery too. Also keep in mind that the site might be referring to "units" rather than individual pieces, and the "unit" might be measured in hundreds or thousands and that's what allows them to be sold at 1/4 the retail price.

Oct 9, 2013
Staten Island, NY
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Also, you may want to consider that you may not be able to buy from a wholesaler without a business license and tax ID. Good luck and have fun!

Trust me... That's only if you're dealing with US wholesalers. Chinese wholesalers don't care because they're exempt from US law or the laws of the various states.

You do have to be careful on the value of the purchase, however. Anything over $200.00 US may require the payment of import duties, and that is solely the responsibility of the importer.

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
Trust me... That's only if you're dealing with US wholesalers. Chinese wholesalers don't care because they're exempt from US law or the laws of the various states.

You do have to be careful on the value of the purchase, however. Anything over $200.00 US may require the payment of import duties, and that is solely the responsibility of the importer.

Thank you for the clarification, never done business abroad.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
If you are only buying a few batteries, it's not worth going wholesale, they will want to sell you at least 50.+ :)

Buying wholesale usually requires a very large order.

Unless you're buying a huge ton of batteries, just go to RTD Vapor and get the best.

Or get into a Coop here on ECF. Get verified for the classifieds, then join a coop for the items you want. That is where a member joins with other members to place a large order with other people for many thousands of dollars worth of stuff from China, at a discounted rate due to the large order.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread