Whoops..bad choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipflopgirl

Jan 19, 2010
florida
So I started vaping in January this year. Got a few 510s and a ....-load of juices:p. 5 months I did not smoke analogs. nor did I want anyone else too either. (got my friends vaping too). Then a bad day came in early June. My attys broke. So I ordered another. it stopped working after 2 days. So i ordered another. it worked...but it wasnt working right. So I went to the store and bought one of those Gamucci disposables:oops:(I know..I know..Look..I was desperate) And guess what..IT WAS BROKEN!! about 250.00 dollars later ..stinky clothes and fingers..I am smoking analogs. I just recieved a e cig kit last week in attempt to nip the cigs in the bud again. But I cant seem to get off of them again. I really want one in the mornings with coffee( when i started vaping i just used a vanilla or coffee e juice in the mornings and was happy with that.) But i am still smoking almost a pack a day. Why cant i do it this time?:ohmy::facepalm:

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
So I started vaping in January this year. Got a few 510s and a ....-load of juices:p. 5 months I did not smoke analogs. nor did I want anyone else too either. (got my friends vaping too). Then a bad day came in early June. My attys broke. So I ordered another. it stopped working after 2 days. So i ordered another. it worked...but it wasnt working right. So I went to the store and bought one of those Gamucci disposables:oops:(I know..I know..Look..I was desperate) And guess what..IT WAS BROKEN!! about 250.00 dollars later ..stinky clothes and fingers..I am smoking analogs. I just recieved a e cig kit last week in attempt to nip the cigs in the bud again. But I cant seem to get off of them again. I really want one in the mornings with coffee( when i started vaping i just used a vanilla or coffee e juice in the mornings and was happy with that.) But i am still smoking almost a pack a day. Why cant i do it this time?:ohmy::facepalm:

Don't be so hard on yourself...it's just a slip. You really want it and it will happen.

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
I know the feeling...although I hadn't quit completely (down from 2 packs a day to a couple cigs a day) my nephew passed away at the end of April and I totally fell off the wagon and I think it ran me over. I purchased a pack again over the weekend and am down to the last cig in it. I'm hoping to start over again. As long as you don't give up on e-cigs it is still possible to get back to where you were. I still have hope that I'll be completely cig free eventually. I've been smoking 22 years now and if it takes longer than a year to get this to work...I'm still in. Just don't give up. :D

magus7091

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Morgantown, WV
I did the same thing a couple times... The latest one has been djarums. What has/did help me is this. Find a strong flavor. Something with lots of TH. When you want an analog go for that flavor instead. Only use it when you get the really strong cravings. You don't even have to like it a lot. Just substitute that when the cravings come. Might help. Good luck.

K.P.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
United Kingdom
1. Get a strong, tasty flavor. Ideally 2-3 to rotate between.
2. Puff the ecig intermittently but constantly throughout the day, not just when you want a cigarette. As in, 1-3 puffs every 5-10 minutes whenever you're sitting down.
3. If you are thinking about having a real one, puff the ecig like a real one (several puffs per minute for 6-7 minutes) then make a sincere effort to not think about smoking a cigarette for at least 10 minutes
4. If it's not already, declare your home a non-smoking area and resolve that any real cigarettes you do smoke after steps 2 & 3 will be smoked outside.

Make the short-term goal not quitting totally and instantly, but displacing as many real cigarettes as possible. And make the choice to smoke a real cigarette an inconvenient choice (10-15 minute wait, walk outside).

Also, order 10 or more atomizers from Heaven's Gifts (or a US supplier with comparable prices) so you always have a backup for your backup. Make sure you're not popping them by burning them dry or flooding them.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    My co-worker fell off the wagon and she says it is much harder the 2nd time. I think you have gotten good advice already. I only went back to smoking for a few days at the beginning when I had equipment failure. It was harder to start up the vapeing. I told myself I was not buying another pack because if I have them around, I will smoke them. I realize it isn't the same for everyone but I am an all or nothing kind of person.

Good luck to you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread