Why am I getting a mad headrush now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
So I decided to try and rescue my bottle of Janty 'Oriental' which turned utterly gross afer 2 days and began tasting so much like burnt paper and made me hack and cough like crazy that I thought my attys had burned out slightly. Using a new liquid however I found to my relief that my attys were fine and it was the juice.

I heard about steeping so I shook the hell out of it for 30 secs (I swear I saw small crystal like balls appear in it - wierd huh? -- what the heck was that? Could it be the vanilla in it?) took off the screw cap and even snipped the drip tube with scissors to make the opening bigger so more air could get to the juice and put in in a dark cupboard for a day.

It is a 16mg nic juice.

Just had 4 puffs on it now and it has literally knocked my socks off. I have a crazy headrush that I never got before.

Why is it giving me such a crazy headrush?

It actually tastes okay now, no burned paper or gacky taste, just a slightly sweet almost tobacco like flavor.

But what would account for the strong buzz it's giving me now?

The new juice I tried was 11mg so the Oriental is 5mg more, but still, it never gave me a mad headrush before....

Weird.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yeah I think I am sensitive to nicotine. I do have a delicate constitution when it comes to pharmacuticals. 3 beers gets me a damned good buzz on and a few cigs per evening used to sometimes make me feel like an old geezer - I'm 34.... which is of course what made me switch to vaping! A lot helthier since I started 3 weeks ago, I must say!

I do remember when I started vaping I used the 16mg and I couldn't sleep at night as I could hear my heartbeat beating strongly in my ears / eardrums...

The 11mg has been better in that regard but if I vape it less than 2 hrs b4 bed, I get insomnia which i'm prone to anyway.

I think for me it's going to have to be low nicotine liquids with tons of flavour, which is probably why I am loving the 11mg menthol which is great as a daytime vape, but I still have to be careful b4 bed... Never had that with cigs, but of course they cut down your blood oxygen levels so that makes you feel relaxed / sleepy anyhow whereas vape is just nicotine which stimulates you.

Maybe I need to get like a 6mg nicotine liquid to vape in the evenings and have the 11mg in the daytime etc...

Thoughts?

Also anyone know any good liquids that have low - ie around 6mg - nic levels but are packed full of flavor for my evening vaping?

Metnhol is a huge hit with me so far.

IOU

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Laguna Beach, California
I think it could possibly be that since you have been vaping the lower nic your body has gotten a little less addicted to nicotine. Vaping the higher nic is like smoking an analog after you haven't smoked for a while.
If you really like the higher nic juice, and wanted to save it, you could always purchase some low nic juice and dilute the higher nic stuff and see how it does.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
ECC there's only about 10ml of the 16mg left now. Probably still wont just chuck it though. Have a cpl of 11mg tobacco juices on the way in my latest order and might mix it with one of those, not that that would be much of a dilution.

Or I think I'll just keep a cart of it in my pouch for true analogue cravings (rarely get those now accept when drunk) as it has such a strong taste and th and gives such a headrush that after a few draws a cigarette seems and utterly silly and disgusting prospect! Kinda like if you were craving an anlalogue and then had a few draws on a corona cigar and inhaled. The last thing you'd want after that would be a cigarette!

And yeah, I'm pretty sure what you guys said is right - I'm more sensitive to the 16mg because have been vaping 11mg for last 10 days.

It's all good.

Player 30 - I ahev some menthol ice on order from greenhouse one, so looking forward to that, though the ordinary menthol I have now from a store here in Korea (Iris brand by ladouce technologies whomever they may be) tbh is so damned tasty I'd be fine if it was the only e-liquid ever available which is lucky for me - finding so quickly a juice I love! It has a great mix of both slightly sweet and mintyness / mentholness.

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yeah I think I am sensitive to nicotine. I do have a delicate constitution when it comes to pharmacuticals. 3 beers gets me a damned good buzz on and a few cigs per evening used to sometimes make me feel like an old geezer - I'm 34.... which is of course what made me switch to vaping! A lot helthier since I started 3 weeks ago, I must say!

I do remember when I started vaping I used the 16mg and I couldn't sleep at night as I could hear my heartbeat beating strongly in my ears / eardrums...

The 11mg has been better in that regard but if I vape it less than 2 hrs b4 bed, I get insomnia which i'm prone to anyway.

I think for me it's going to have to be low nicotine liquids with tons of flavour, which is probably why I am loving the 11mg menthol which is great as a daytime vape, but I still have to be careful b4 bed... Never had that with cigs, but of course they cut down your blood oxygen levels so that makes you feel relaxed / sleepy anyhow whereas vape is just nicotine which stimulates you.

Maybe I need to get like a 6mg nicotine liquid to vape in the evenings and have the 11mg in the daytime etc...

Thoughts?

Also anyone know any good liquids that have low - ie around 6mg - nic levels but are packed full of flavor for my evening vaping?

Metnhol is a huge hit with me so far.

I normally vape between 16-24mg but I love my 6mg BWB Expresso. I never hesitate to recommend this flavor. It has low sweetness and fantastic taste. You might hesitate to get a coffee vape but you should try it. I think you'd be surprized.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 20, 2010
    England
    I normally vape between 16-24mg but I love my 6mg BWB Expresso. I never hesitate to recommend this flavor. It has low sweetness and fantastic taste. You might hesitate to get a coffee vape but you should try it. I think you'd be surprized.

I might try it, thanks for the suggestion. I drink about 6 - 10 cups of coffee a day, so vaping it doesn't sounds that weird!

I'll pop into the local store that cells pvs and e-liq sometime this week and see if they have a coffee sample I can try out!

ImJustAvg

ECF Veteran
    Nov 3, 2010
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    I think it could possibly be that since you have been vaping the lower nic your body has gotten a little less addicted to nicotine. Vaping the higher nic is like smoking an analog after you haven't smoked for a while.
    If you really like the higher nic juice, and wanted to save it, you could always purchase some low nic juice and dilute the higher nic stuff and see how it does.

Or you could just purchase some PG or VG (unflavorered) and dilute it that way. I purchased some VG to dilute some 36mg juice I ordered that is now too stong for me. It has worked, BUT the flovoring is a little weaker now but the vapor is immense now.

Last edited:

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 18, 2009
    Iron Mountain , Michigan
    That is VERY strange. I vape 36 mg juice exclusively and never have I got a head buzz, never. I've tried more juices than I can count. I would toss that one. There has to be something wrong or you developed a allergy to a ingredient. That would be kind of cool to get the head buzz I got from analogs, especially with morning coffee!!

kilgoretrout

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    South Central PA, USA

Yep, that's exactly what I would say happened. And since you said you've been vaping lower nic for the past 10days, it makes sense.

That is VERY strange. I vape 36 mg juice exclusively and never have I got a head buzz, never. I've tried more juices than I can count. I would toss that one. There has to be something wrong or you developed a allergy to a ingredient. That would be kind of cool to get the head buzz I got from analogs, especially with morning coffee!!
    I would have said the same thing until this evening.
    I was chain vaping 24mg all day for the past week and I swore there was little to no nic in it. (was even questioning if e-cigs were a joke...hehe)
    Tonight my 32mg came in. I filled a cart and got an instant head rush. I'm talking about 2 puffs and I had to put it down. I tried 4 of the 5 flavors and it's the same thing with all of them. It's strange as hell. I do NOT want a cigarette right now. lol..
    I planned on cutting it to 24mg (even got extra flavor just for that reason), but was curious as to what 32mg was like.
    I WILL be cutting it. ;)

Hotwire

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 20, 2010
    England

Wowzers, guess we are all different.

I was in a store this morning and probably had about 12 hits testing 3 different juices today - maybe about 4 good draws on each, all at 16mg - and I was spaced out, high as a damned kite!

Same with analogues though, sometimes one could make me feel giddy or kind of hyped up!

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 18, 2009
    Iron Mountain , Michigan
    I guess we are all different. I smoked Camel non filters for years. I also smoked a pipe and would enhale every few puffs. Maybe this is why even 36 mg juice doesn't give me a Nic head buzz. I bet if I tried vaping 48 mg&^*&^*&&. Just kidding, don't think that would be wise. My lack of a nic rush isn't because the brands I have been buying are weak, I buy from most of the premium sellers out there. I think I just have a high nic tolerence. Really wish I could get a little buzz with my coffee in the AM. That was the time of the day I really enjoyed smoking cancer stiks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread