Why am I still obsessed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
Rhetorical question but I'm curious how many others feel the same. I've found a great setup that (for now) works all day long no matter how many hours I'm up (charge once overnight), hits awesome and is easy to clean/maintain/rebuild, I found my "all-day" vape and a few other juices I like and at this point it's costing me about $0.50 a day to vape. YET I still find myself partoling this board for at least an hour every day and I don't really know why... Yea it's cool to help the noobies out sometimes and look at ppl's ridiculous high-end setups but I can't help wonder why exactly it's become this obsession for me...it's a hobby yes, and I know it's the same for a lot of other ppl but the thing is I have a lot of other hobbies and the difference is they're insteresting to me still whereas vaping really isn't anymore, it's really just taking up time I'd rather be spending on other things now... I think it's that elusive unicorn "the perfect vape" that keeps me coming back but I already know it doesn't exist so I'm not consciously searching for it anymore so idk why that should be...anyone else having a similar experience here? Don't get me wrong I'm not saying anything negative really just wondering what it is exactly that keeps me coming back and if anyone else feels the same...

:matrix:

Tanti

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Nebraska
I think its a conspiracy that ECF has dreamed up to keep us here. There is subliminal words being used to keep us coming back for more.

NO really I believe it has something to do with the addiction its self, analog addiction that is, alot of people that give up addictions, say gambling will then pick up a new thing to do and it almost becomes obesessive in nature. Ive seen lot of people here that have many batteries and juices. I have many juices. Some how its part of the getting away from smoking. And look at all the saved money burning a hole in your pocket that you save from not smoking.

Also kinda a sidebar.. As smokers we have been shoved in a closet, now as vapers we are still somewhat in that closet and here you can come and feel welcome, and excepted. Cept guys in darkhoods (lol only kidding!!!)

Steeler Girl

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I quit smoking April 25, 2012 and have been more than happy with my devices since last September. I have great hardware and more than enough supplies and juice to last me at least the next year. Yet I still come back. I find it interesting I guess. May learn a new trick or find some other way to spend my money, lol.

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
Darkhood,
Man.....I feel you on this one!! I am the same way, (I thought I was the only one). My wife thinks I have gone crazy with this "vape stuff"
It started out as an alternative to smoking. Got a Blu starter kit, all the prefilled cartos and it was nice (for about two weeks). I quickly tired of the short battery life and tired clouds put out by the Blu. So I then got a couple Ego-C twists, some clearos and juice. Man, did I finally find the vape that was eluding me!! I was well satisfied with this set up. But then I wanted more.....
More mods, more juice, different cartos, carto-tanks and then finally the RBA's. I was becoming obsessed!!!! (I am obsessed). I then wanted a Silver bullet, then kicked it. I paired it with a 5ml smokteck tank and it was a hitting machine. A very satisfying vape, but I wanted more. So I got a provari mini, then a AGA T+ RBA, then a Provari with a Cobra RBA. I started accumulating different size batteries so I had to get a telescoping mod, right?? I wanted the GG's, but to hard to find, so I got the Chi Chi (and it works great, BTW).
I covet the Caravela, GG PAPS, and iHybrids and hope to get them soon!!! I have now ordered a Poldiac and am currently searching for the perfect tank to match!!!! Every night I spend a few hours on ECF, dropping a few pointers here and there, drooling over the Pics of "my set ups" ect..... not ever really knowing why?? I have enough juice to last a year, enough accessories to set up my neighborhood, and terrific PV's that all hit great, but there is something still missing (Brass Caravela and Polished GG). I am flirting with the notion of DIY juices next.
What will satiate this uncontrolable hunger and obsession??? I suppose I am just another victim of the country of over consumption!!
If you figure it out, let me know!!! I sum it up to replacing one habit for another!!
Until then, Happy Vaping my Obsessive-Compulsive friend.

Last edited:

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
Shout out to SacTown!!

Hey, Dark. It blows me away that you have so many posts in just a few weeks.

Whatever keeps the cig monsters at bay!

Hey, whats up Unlce Sam!!!!
Dont worry.....your check will be in the mail next month:thumb:
(might be a little late though)
Can I write my vaping expenses off???

Lightseeker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Illinois
I am completely happy with the pv I have and vivi novas. I keep returning to learn tips and tricks and to see if there's anything out there that will tempt me to make another purchase. Figuring out exactly what a mechanical mod is helped. There's no wiring and less things to break which is a plus but then you need a kick to have different temperatures. I hope I got that right. That's something I'm just interested in doing..but yet the idea of a simple straight forward less complicated pv is appealing. So far I haven't been tempted to buy anything new, but I never know when that next new invention will pop up. I'm very picky yet very curious. I like the new screens that actually print words..but do I really need variable watts? I haven't figured out the benefit to that one yet. And they all seem to have some quirky bugs to them.

I'm making progress though, I'm learning. Maybe that's part of the reason I keep returning plus the community is fantastic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread